• 86(current)
Intel Apollo Lake
(2017-05-28, 12:26)fritsch Wrote:
(2017-05-28, 12:09)chewitt Wrote:
(2017-05-28, 07:21)flyingernst Wrote: We can offer a donation for a LE hevc build based on 8.0.2

How much is it worth then?

Uploading: http://fritsch.fruehberger.net/openelec/hevc10/

Donations go here: https://libreelec.tv/sponsor/ - write as text: "This was done for hevc technical preview demo on 8.0.2"

thanks Big Grin
Hi, I've searched through the thread and found no definitive answer. Is the audio passthrough in Linux already fixed? Is

I mean, after upgrading the firmware to v1.66 (Apollo Lake NUC), audio passthrough works in Windows, but still not in Linux.

BR
(2017-05-28, 17:09)dCrypt Wrote: Hi, I've searched through the thread and found no definitive answer. Is the audio passthrough in Linux already fixed? Is

I mean, after upgrading the firmware to v1.66 (Apollo Lake NUC), audio passthrough works in Windows, but still not in Linux.

BR

No.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
PVR addons are not available any more. How may I install TVHeadend client again?! First 4k tryouts worked so far. Had to rescan the library, I think through changes in LE/Kodi itselfe.
No idea - I only built it I don't run it.

Use plain 8.0.2 install them and then upgrade - though that should not make a difference at all.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Sry my fault...it was uninstalled but installation​ was possible as it should be and the settings still were active

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A3003 mit Tapatalk
The only reason for add-ons being "missing" is the initial repo check failing, which is usually (occasionally) due to slow loading network drivers and the network not being up when Kodi starts. If you context click on the LE repo and "check for updates" it will check again and the repo content should be there. It is definitely on the server!
http://www.spinics.net/lists/dri-devel/msg142855.html <- (Slow) progress towards HDR handling. (Kernel output side only - nothing to do with userspace).
Hello guys, I'm trying to find some information about Apollo Lake but I can't find the one I'm after. I'm interested in a J3455 processor, I'm aware it can decode HEVC and that's really good, but can encode it aswell? I believe this processor packs an Intel Quicksync compatible GPU but I can't find anywhere if it's capable of encoding HEVC. I have a lot, a lot of low bitrate content and I'm running out of space, I've been doing a lot of encodes lately with mi i5 2500k but it takes forever and I assume it should be faster with Quicksync. I know quality/bitrate won't be the same but that's not something that concerns me a lot, I want speed.

This is important to me because I want one of these processors due to the low comsuption to work almost 24/7 as a home server, doing a little bit of everything; Kodi, transcodes, torrents, content sharing over my network, web browsing... Can someone tell me if it would work for me? Thanks a lot.

Regards.
(2017-05-31, 23:00)ferkator Wrote: I'm interested in a J3455 processor, I'm aware it can decode HEVC and that's really good, but can encode it aswell? I believe this processor packs an Intel Quicksync compatible GPU but I can't find anywhere if it's capable of encoding HEVC.

Its the first marketing point on the asrock website
Quote:It is also capable of HEVC (H.265) recording for up to 48 IP cameras in D1 (704x576) resolution.
See also wikichip.org

You would need to search for specific encode tests at your desired settings, to get the actual encode speeds.
(2017-06-01, 12:40)Andy2222 Wrote:
(2017-05-31, 23:00)ferkator Wrote: I'm interested in a J3455 processor, I'm aware it can decode HEVC and that's really good, but can encode it aswell? I believe this processor packs an Intel Quicksync compatible GPU but I can't find anywhere if it's capable of encoding HEVC.

Its the first marketing point on the asrock website
Quote:It is also capable of HEVC (H.265) recording for up to 48 IP cameras in D1 (704x576) resolution.
See also wikichip.org

You would need to search for specific encode tests at your desired settings, to get the actual encode speeds.

Thank you, I didn't link recording h265 with encoding. I guess it will be faster than my current setup doing 5fps but even if it isn't, at least I will not get surprised with the power bill. I don't think it would be a problem to let it turned on 24/7.
(2017-05-31, 12:07)fritsch Wrote: http://www.spinics.net/lists/dri-devel/msg142855.html <- (Slow) progress towards HDR handling. (Kernel output side only - nothing to do with userspace).

Nice. Anything happening on the userspace side or waiting for this featureset of drm to be in kernel?
AppleTV 4K, LG 65E6 OLED TV, Marantz NR1606, Harmony Elite
Hi fritsch,

Thank you for making an hevc build based on 8.0.2 (LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.0.2-hevc-r25683-g24c82c134.tar). Still, it seems to have a problem when you stop a playing h265 4K video. Instead of coming back to the Kodi dashboard, it display a zoomed portion of the last frame of that video, freezed. The only way to make it disappear and go back to the main menu is... to reboot.

Your previous build was working quite nicely actually.

Platform is an Intel NUC7i5BNK.

Thanks again

Regards
(2017-06-01, 16:09)DG3IL5 Wrote: Hi fritsch,

Thank you for making an hevc build based on 8.0.2 (LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.0.2-hevc-r25683-g24c82c134.tar). Still, it seems to have a problem when you stop a playing h265 4K video. Instead of coming back to the Kodi dashboard, it display a zoomed portion of the last frame of that video, freezed. The only way to make it disappear and go back to the main menu is... to reboot.

Your previous build was working quite nicely actually.

Platform is an Intel NUC7i5BNK.

Thanks again

Regards

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=298462 these builds now support HEVC VAAPI.
AppleTV 4K, LG 65E6 OLED TV, Marantz NR1606, Harmony Elite
Hi _Spook_,

Thank you for your help. Those builds looks very promising. Alas, those are based on Kodi Leia, which makes some of my most beloved addons to failed.

Maybe it's a little bit too soon for me, yet Smile

Regards
  • 86(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel Apollo Lake9