• 199(current)
Release Arctic: Zephyr
Is there anyway I can make the posters in the classic widget just a tad bit larger?
I tried searching for this issue but couldnt find it. Im currently using the spotlight widget to display new episodes on the main page, which it does. But it stopped allowing me to actually play the episode. When I click the video nothing happens.Is there a way to get this working again? Currently using Krypton 17.3
(2017-05-23, 03:55)Thomas_AR Wrote: Hi folks,
just updated to Krypton two days ago. As always your skin is my favorite. Yesterday all was running smooth. Today i started Kodi and your Skin appears with the light background. Can not find the option to switch to dark background. Did i missed an update in which this feature was removed?
No wasn't removed, the options are just below where you change skins.
Settings > Interface > Skin > Colours
If its not there, make sure your settings level is at Expert which you can see in the top left of the settings window. If its not Expert then navigate over to it (text will turn pink) and hit ok to cycle the settings level.

(2017-06-01, 22:26)Fly_Miss Wrote: I tried searching for this issue but couldnt find it. Im currently using the spotlight widget to display new episodes on the main page, which it does. But it stopped allowing me to actually play the episode. When I click the video nothing happens.Is there a way to get this working again? Currently using Krypton 17.3

Have you tried setting the widget again in the home customisation options? I have a feeling its target property is incorrrectly set, and setting the widget again will reset the target property.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
I got an issue with a widget not refreshing. I am using the 'Recommended Episodes' from the 'Library Data Provider' addon.
For testing purposes, I added a 'In Progress TV Shows' widget right next to it.

On startup, both contain the same entries, everything is fine.
When I now go into my tv shows library and mark the last episode of a completely watched show as unwatched (keyboard shortcut 'w') and go back to the homescreen, then the 'In Progress TV Shows' widget updates correctly and adds the show back to the stack.
However, the 'Recommended Episodes' widget does not update and does not contain the new show.
The same thing happens when I manually set the next unwatched episode as 'watched'. Then, 'In Progress TV Shows' puts the show at the front, but 'Recommended Episodes' does not and even shows the old episode as the next one to watch.

After a restart of kodi, everything is fine again.
How can I solve this?

(Btw I noticed this because I synced my library with the trakt addon and the watched episodes that I watched at a friend's place did not get removed)
Hi JM

This is the best skin IMO. Thank you so much.
The one thing I've noticed is that playlist doesn't do anything atm when you go into it. Another user somewhere suggested changing line 4 in MyPlaylist.xml from 52 to 50 and now it actually can be used for me. Just wondering if you notice the same thing.

Do you have any plans to add animated posters? Another user forked it (Arctic: Zephyr Plus) and attempted to add them, but hasn't worked for me and now he appears to be MIA for a while. The way they're implemented in TITAN Beta works great, as a reference. Still prefer your skin over anything though.

Thanks for the hard work.
For the life of me I can't figure out how to change the default settings on install.

Where are the default settings stored? For example, whenever I install the theme I want to hide the header and default to vertical view.

Thanks.
Is it possible to stop the carousel effect on widgets?
I mean that the selected widget item doesn't change every few seconds.
jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2017-06-07, 14:17)Veroni Wrote: Is it possible to stop the carousel effect on widgets?
I mean that the selected widget item doesn't change every few seconds.
Yes in skin.arctic.zephyr/shortcuts/template.xml
Find all instances of the following line (there are three of them, so change all of them).
Code:
<autoscroll time="10000">!Control.HasFocus(301)</autoscroll>
And change it to:
Code:
<autoscroll>false</autoscroll>
Then reload the skin from the power menu ("S" on keyboard - reloadskin is at the bottom of the menu).
Awesome!
Thank you so much. Keep up the good work!
Thanks Jurial but I was referring to the default settings within the XML not the front end. How does it know to activate X setting when I install the addon.
(2017-06-08, 21:10)Feralwolf Wrote: Thanks Jurial but I was referring to the default settings within the XML not the front end. How does it know to activate X setting when I install the addon.

The settings aren't activated. The default settings are all empty to start with, some just look like they are set in skin settings because the condition for the checkmark to show checks if the setting is *not* set (if that makes sense?). That's because it makes more sense to have all the settings be of the format "Enable feature X". If it was "Disable feature X" the checkmark would make things confusing (does a checkmark mean "Yes it is disabled" or "Yes it is enabled").

e.g. for the header the condition for the checkmark to be selected checks that the skin setting "furniture.header" is not enabled.
Code:
<selected>!Skin.HasSetting(furniture.header)</selected>

This means that I don't have to set a tonne of conditions on startup.

That being said, there are three conditions set on when you select the skin the first time that are defined in DialogConfirm.xml -- this dialog shows when you select the skin, asking if you want to keep the skin. So when the dialog unloads, if the skin.init setting hasn't been set, it will set some default settings

Code:
<onunload condition="!Skin.HasSetting(startup.init)">Skin.SetBool(osd.usetheme)</onunload>
<onunload condition="!Skin.HasSetting(startup.init)">Skin.SetBool(global.hidecirles)</onunload>
<onunload condition="!Skin.HasSetting(startup.init)">Skin.SetBool(home.classicwidgets)</onunload>
<onunload condition="!Skin.HasSetting(startup.init)">Skin.SetBool(startup.init)</onunload>

Basically, these were settings that used to be set the other way by default, but I ended up changing my mind about what the defaults should be. Before the defaults were:
(1) OSD is always dark, even when using light theme (now by default it follows the theme in use)
(2) Dialogs had a circular mask applied to their icons (now by default they are square)
(3) Default widget setup used to be featured (now it is classic).

TL;DR: you can add additional default settings to DialogConfirm.xml by duplicating one of the <onunload> conditions. Look in SkinSettings.xml to determine what the setting names are.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
That explanation was perfect. I appreciate the detail you went in.

Rather than using the boolean values of true and false, you rely on whether the setting exists. When looking at the toggle functionality in SkinSettings.xml, Skin.Reset removes while Skin.SetBool adds (doesn't matter if its true or false).

I haven't looked into other skins and this may be the way you solutioned it but it makes sense.

Edit: They are also toggled. As long as I reference SkinSettings.xml and add them to DialogConfirm.xml I should be able to achieve what I want.
Hi

Firstly... awesome skin. The vest I've seen by far. Excellent work.

I apologise if this has been asked before, I've tried searching the 199 pages! Skin is far too good!

Is there a way to:

1. Make the home screen header transparent? i.e. give more visibility of the background wallpaper. Or turn it off in the same way you can show/hide header in the Furniture settings.

2. Remove the label (title) for the widget? (default widgets>playlists>Random Movies).

Once again great skin - work very appreciated.
i asked it before but didn't get any answer, is there any chance to see weather and settings widgets from "fuse neue" skin to this one ?
Love the plugin, especially the widgets. However have a small issue, when I go into a TV season (using the widget), all the episodes within the season display numbers instead of the episode name. I'm using Kodi 17.3 and the emby plugin.
Wink 
What an awesome skin for Kodi 17.3!

But I have only a problem. When I'm watching anything, TV, video, etc. If I try to go to my PVR Recordings, I don't get the usual screen. Instead. There's 2 lines saying "No informations​ available".

If I stop the video and go back to Recordings, it works fine.
  • 199(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr37