• 53(current)
Beta Spotify for Kodi
I'm not in a hurry tbh. I'm just gonna wait until marcelveldt is finished with his implementation and give it a shot then. thanks for your inputs anyways.
(2017-05-24, 13:20)xbmosx Wrote: I'm not in a hurry tbh. I'm just gonna wait until marcelveldt is finished with his implementation and give it a shot than. thanks for your inputs anyways.
So am I...
Ok, I was blind:

(2017-05-14, 19:41)Wild Penguin Wrote:
Code:
if xbmc.Dialog().yesno("No webbrowser detected", "The webbrowser could not be auto detected. Do you have one installed ?"):
I was currently using the plugin on a LibreELEC installation which does not have a DE save a web browser installed. I thought I had made the authentication correctly - because there is no clear error message (unless you consider this line in the error log "clear" ... it kind of is, but because of the THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAK! written in cat sized letters above, I thought something has gone horribly wrong.)

I fixed it by copying the whole plugin.audio.spotify config tree from another, working installation (I could find several "cache" files and I'm not sure which contains the actual authentication tokens, and could not get it working by copying them randomly; so just copying the whole tree is easier).
Hey,

first of all: great addon!

However, since I changed from RPi3 to ODROID C2 I cannot make it work. Sad
Currently I am using a community build of LibreELEC (by Raybuntu, 64bit Kernel but 32bit userspace - Linux ARM 32bit).

Ref: https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/4248-l...tek-play2/

When I execute Spotify, the addon opens and after some seconds of freeze, the ODROID restarts Kodi.

Last lines of my log:
21:36:34.298 T:3545535392 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting
21:36:35.309 T:3630232480 ERROR: Previous line repeats 3 times.
21:36:35.309 T:3630232480 NOTICE: Spotify --> Your platform (armv7 System.Platform.Linux)
21:36:36.364 T:3630232480 NOTICE: Spotify --> Starting background service...
21:36:36.490 T:3630232480 NOTICE: Spotify --> Checking remembered_user ..
21:36:36.690 T:3621843872 NOTICE: Spotify --> logged in: 0

Known issue?
(2017-05-25, 21:46)eusi Wrote: Hey,

first of all: great addon!

However, since I changed from RPi3 to ODROID C2 I cannot make it work. Sad
Currently I am using a community build of LibreELEC (by Raybuntu, 64bit Kernel but 32bit userspace - Linux ARM 32bit).

Ref: https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/4248-l...tek-play2/

When I execute Spotify, the addon opens and after some seconds of freeze, the ODROID restarts Kodi.

Last lines of my log:
21:36:34.298 T:3545535392 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting
21:36:35.309 T:3630232480 ERROR: Previous line repeats 3 times.
21:36:35.309 T:3630232480 NOTICE: Spotify --> Your platform (armv7 System.Platform.Linux)
21:36:36.364 T:3630232480 NOTICE: Spotify --> Starting background service...
21:36:36.490 T:3630232480 NOTICE: Spotify --> Checking remembered_user ..
21:36:36.690 T:3621843872 NOTICE: Spotify --> logged in: 0

Known issue?

Ok, this issue occurred, because I copied the entire ...\addon_data\plugin.audio.spotify-folder from PN (Win32).
Only the cache-files of this folder is needed to copy, when you have no web browser.

I do not why, but the copied \plugin.audio.spotify\libspotify\settings-folder occurred the issue actually. I just deleted the settings-folder and it was created again by the addon => then it worked fine.
(2017-05-24, 07:32)marcelveldt Wrote: I'm focusing on playback and control of Spotify on Kodi itself
Hello,
Are you aware of this: https://github.com/plietar/python-librespot ?
The new version is now available on the repo!

- Supports Spotify Connect playback control
- Supports local playback on windows, Linux and macOS
- Now based on librespot for playback so no more libspotify
- restructured code, cache optimizations for faster browsing
- Track Radio supports (thanks to @flakey-bit)
- supports squeezebox player as playback target (needs my squeezbox plugin installed)
- fixed the authentication process

This is a major refactor from the previous version, expect some bugs to appear ;-)

Thanks in advance for testing. Let me know how it performs in your setup!
(2017-06-02, 01:50)marcelveldt Wrote: This is a major refactor from the previous version, expect some bugs to appear ;-)

Was working great for a while, then I got access token expired errors:
https://pastebin.com/7eXDJTLb
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Great work! Seems to work on nicely my end.

I do have some questions though:

- Is it also possible to have local playback and use other devices to control the local playback (connect client)? So far It seems that Spotify for Kodi doesn't advertise itself as client on my network
- If yes, would it also be possible to use Spotify for Kodi without being logged in with a specific user? To explain, It would be great if all devices on the same network could push songs to the Kodi client from their accounts (similar to how connect works with AVRs)

Update: Strangely, when playing locally the songs do play but I can hear no sound. Is that only for me?
(2017-06-02, 07:55)xbmosx Wrote: Great work! Seems to work on nicely my end.

I do have some questions though:

- Is it also possible to have local playback and use other devices to control the local playback (connect client)? So far It seems that Spotify for Kodi doesn't advertise itself as client on my network
- If yes, would it also be possible to use Spotify for Kodi without being logged in with a specific user? To explain, It would be great if all devices on the same network could push songs to the Kodi client from their accounts (similar to how connect works with AVRs)

1) Yes, enable it in the addon settings.
2) No, not yet. Will be added later

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
(2017-06-02, 06:29)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2017-06-02, 01:50)marcelveldt Wrote: This is a major refactor from the previous version, expect some bugs to appear ;-)

Was working great for a while, then I got access token expired errors:

Yup, after some time I got the same!
(2017-06-02, 06:29)jurialmunkey Wrote: Was working great for a while, then I got access token expired errors:

OK, thanks for testing. Will look into it
(2017-06-02, 07:55)xbmosx Wrote: Update: Strangely, when playing locally the songs do play but I can hear no sound. Is that only for me?

Should work, the audio is sent as PCM to Kodi so Kodi itself handles playback.
Can you guys provide me with your system details you're using the new addon on ?
That way I'm aware of what platforms people are using to test the addon...
So, operating system, architecture (e.g. arm, x86 etc) and Kodi version.
I'm testing with Kodi 17.3 on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, Intel NUC & macOS 10.12.5 on a MacBook Pro
  • 53(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Spotify for Kodi17