• 32(current)
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)
sorry if it's not related , but any idea how to stop Script.module.metadatautils from download automatically gifs to this folder animatedgifs ?
( i have the "use animated artwork" disable On the skin settings ...)
https://ibb.co/ixadYF
(2017-05-30, 10:58)scofield272 Wrote: sorry if it's not related , but any idea how to stop Script.module.metadatautils from download automatically gifs to this folder animatedgifs ?
( i have the "use animated artwork" disable On the skin settings ...)
https://ibb.co/ixadYF

Look in your video "Addons" some have a show animated posters setting in them. Thats probably where its filling from.
I know the right now you are focused on developing this mod for Krypton.
But, seeing as how the latest git version of Eminence by Jurielmunkey works quite well with the latest nightly git version of Kodi 18, will it be possible for you to pull the latest changes from Eminence into your mod and see if the dreaded unresponsive menu options problem has buggered off?
(2017-05-31, 14:11)lusephur Wrote: I know the right now you are focused on developing this mod for Krypton.
But, seeing as how the latest git version of Eminence by Jurielmunkey works quite well with the latest nightly git version of Kodi 18, will it be possible for you to pull the latest changes from Eminence into your mod and see if the dreaded unresponsive menu options problem has buggered off?

Not really. The skins might look similar, but the underlying code is very different. Simply pulling everything from the original wouldn't work. There's simply much more to change in the mod than in the original. Aside from the syntax, which could be batch renamed, the entire PVR section needs revisions, etc... And since things like that require careful adaptation, this would mean that I would simply have to start supporting the alphas.

The Nightlies are unstable, so I would never really be able to tell if it's something inside that broke the code, or if the code itself was broken, and it's just that particular nightly build that brought it out. Add to that the fact that very few users actually use the nightlies; add to that the fact that a Leia version wouldn't work on Krypton anymore, and that I would have to maintain double the code, and you'll understand why I'm hesitant to do anything before the first Leia beta comes out.

When she hits beta, it will allow me to retire Krypton development altogether, start using Leia in a much more proper and stable iteration, and transition everything nicely. Those who like to be on the (reasonable) forefront of development will help me test the skin throughout the betas for the vast majority of users that will update only when Leia hits release, or even 18.1.
Eminence 2 MOD, Revived & Improved

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
Cheer, that makes perfect sense.
Hopefully Leia hits beta soon so I'll be able to use your skin again. Till then, keep up the good work.
Hola Alanon
msgctxt "#31267"
msgid "Low List"
msgstr "Lista baja"
Hello All,

I am a new user of the skin and LOVE!!! it. I noticed one thing that I have been struggling to find an answer for and was hoping that someone could point me in the right direction. My problem is as follows:

I installed Kodi 17.3 on windows and downloaded and configured the skin as per instructions. I got everything working perfectly. I had setup various home menu items so that the backgrounds associated with the item has multiple images that rotate every 5 seconds using the Multi-Image background feature of the skin.

I went into the .kodi directory and copied all the files under that to another computer that is running Libreelec with Kodi 17.3. Upon boot everything came up perfectly except that the images for the menu items are not rotating every 5 seconds. The skin settings (under Settings) look identical and the images change when I move off the menu item and back on again but do not auto rotate.

Any ideasHuh?

Thanks

Martin
@MartyB95:

Hello and welcome! Glad you're liking the skin! Big Grin

This might be a silly question, but did you check your Skin Shortcut settings, and the filepaths to the image folders? If you've just copied everything, the paths would identical to those on your Windows machine - depending on the other device, the drive letter might be different.

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
(2017-06-02, 17:05)Alanon Wrote: @MartyB95:

Hello and welcome! Glad you're liking the skin! Big Grin

This might be a silly question, but did you check your Skin Shortcut settings, and the filepaths to the image folders? If you've just copied everything, the paths would identical to those on your Windows machine - depending on the other device, the drive letter might be different.

Yes I did. Before I copied the files over to the new machine I made sure that all the paths were pointing to the right place "special://home/media/backgrounds/movies". I even went into the settings (via the gui) and re-selected the path to the folder thinking I might have to re-do the links but it did not change anything. The link is correct because when I move off the menu item and back onto the menu item the picture changes to one of the images in the selected folder.

Thanks,

Martin
(2017-06-02, 17:19)MartyB95 Wrote: Yes I did. Before I copied the files over to the new machine I made sure that all the paths were pointing to the right place "special://home/media/backgrounds/movies". I even went into the settings (via the gui) and re-selected the path to the folder thinking I might have to re-do the links but it did not change anything. The link is correct because when I move off the menu item and back onto the menu item the picture changes to one of the images in the selected folder.

Thanks,

Martin

That's exactly what I would've done. Could you upload your debug log, so I can see if anything's going on? Without that, there's not much I can do, since I can't reproduce the issue on my own...

[/quote]
That's exactly what I would've done. Could you upload your debug log, so I can see if anything's going on? Without that, there's not much I can do, since I can't reproduce the issue on my own...
[/quote]

@Alanon,

Sure I will later on today once I get home.
(2017-06-02, 22:49)MartyB95 Wrote: @Alanon,

Sure I will later on today once I get home.

While you're at it, please check if your rotation setting changes as it ought to. I've just noticed a bug where the setting always displays "5 seconds", no matter what it is set to. If you've got the bug, there's a chance that you've set something like 20 minutes, but that the label will still say 5 seconds.

@Alanon,

That was a great suggestion.

I checked the rotation limit in settings.xml and it is set to 9 (Localization[31228]) instead of 1 (Localization[31220]) which strings.po says is 10 min instead of 5 seconds. Problem is that when I change the setting in settings.xml to 1 and reboot it gets set back to 9. How should I change this? Am I missing something?

Martin
@Alanon,

I figured it out.

1. I switched to Estuary
2. Made the change to the settings.xml for EMINENCE via ssh.
3. Shutdown under Estuary.
4. Rebooted and re-started under Estuary.
5. Changed skins back to Eminence and all was good!!!

Thanks

Martin
Is there a way I can disable the dimming while busy/working option?
  • 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)21