• 507(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
Hey all
I just bought a HDHomerun Connect to watch and record OTA channels on my ChromeBOX.
Is this guide, from a year ago, still accurate to set up everything?

https://www.howtogeek.com/247311/how-to-...h-nextpvr/

Thanks in advance.
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
(2017-06-01, 19:17)ArieS Wrote: Hey all
I just bought a HDHomerun Connect to watch and record OTA channels on my ChromeBOX.
Is this guide, from a year ago, still accurate to set up everything?

https://www.howtogeek.com/247311/how-to-...h-nextpvr/

Thanks in advance.

this isn't really Chromebox-specific, so you'll likely be better served in the PVR subforum. The Chromebox is just running the PVR client and the underlying hardware is irrelevant. You may want to look at the SiliconDust HDHR plugin though, as it was supposed to offer PVR functionality at some point
Thanks Matt, I'll check the PVR subforum.
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
Hi I'm still using Openelec on my chromebox. Is there much point updating to LibreElec?
(2017-06-02, 10:10)danfloss Wrote: Hi I'm still using Openelec on my chromebox. Is there much point updating to LibreElec?
if you want to run the latest version of Kodi, then yes. If you're happy with your current setup and have no desire to update, then no.

Sent from my Nexus 6P
(2017-06-01, 19:00)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2017-06-01, 15:36)nbat58 Wrote: I'd like to do a fresh instal rather than an update, how do I do that on my Asus Chromabox already loaded with LibreElec and Kodi Jarvis?

Thanks

standalone setup? Download LE USB/SD creator tool, use to create install media, boot USB on Chromebox, install.
Or, just update then do a hard reset from the LE/General settings.

dual boot setup? Re-run script from ChromeOS / choose dual boot LE option

Thanks Matt, I couldn't boot from the USB stick somehow as the Chromebox did not work well with that particular stick, however I changed the USB dongle for another one and all worked fine, thanks for all your help.
(2017-06-02, 10:19)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2017-06-02, 10:10)danfloss Wrote: Hi I'm still using Openelec on my chromebox. Is there much point updating to LibreElec?
if you want to run the latest version of Kodi, then yes. If you're happy with your current setup and have no desire to update, then no.

Sent from my Nexus 6P (typie typie)

Cheers. Is this a simple Tar. update? As i see in the wiki there is mention of a system partition issue while updating, but that seems to be concerning LibreELEC. My set up is stand alone. Cheers
(2017-06-02, 15:20)danfloss Wrote: Cheers. Is this a simple Tar. update? As i see in the wiki there is mention of a system partition issue while updating, but that seems to be concerning LibreELEC. My set up is stand alone. Cheers

yes, unless you run into above System partition issue, which is dependent on when your initial setup was done (under which OE version) since a very old 3.x/4.x OE version probably set the System partition to a size that's too small for LE 8.x. Nothing to do with dual boot vs standalone - it affects both
Thanks Matt, will read the wiki again and again
(2017-06-02, 19:53)danfloss Wrote: Thanks Matt, will read the wiki again and again
this isn't a Chromebox issue in any way, it affects anyone whose initial install was done with a must older version. LE has more info on their site about it

Sent from my Nexus 6P
I recently upgraded my libreelec to 8.0.2 and seem to have lost the ability to output analogue audio from the chromebox's heasphone port. I rolled back to an 8.0 version but it still has the same problem.
Is this a known issue?
I vaguely remember having to go through various steps all that time ago when I was originally setting up in order to make analogue work?
Anyone have any suggestions?
(2017-06-03, 22:53)Ryangodammit Wrote: I recently upgraded my libreelec to 8.0.2 and seem to have lost the ability to output analogue audio from the chromebox's heasphone port. I rolled back to an 8.0 version but it still has the same problem.
Is this a known issue?
I vaguely remember having to go through various steps all that time ago when I was originally setting up in order to make analogue work?

define "lost the ability." There's no series of steps or any such voodoo, you simply select the analog output from the audio output device list. I just tested here on 8.0.2 and works fine
I have Kodi installed in a Asus Chromebox CN60 and always upgaded it using apt-get, but recently when I was trying to update to 17.3 something went wrong and I decided reinstall Kodi using EZ Setup script.
Now the box boots in the EFI Shell and I cannot preceed with the installation. I tryied to install GalliumOS through an USB drive, but it boots and get stuck on the UEFI firmware boot screen. When I plug the USB after the boot it freeze whatever it is doing.
What can I do to have Kodi up and running again?
Thanks in advanced!
(2017-06-04, 00:25)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2017-06-03, 22:53)Ryangodammit Wrote: I recently upgraded my libreelec to 8.0.2 and seem to have lost the ability to output analogue audio from the chromebox's heasphone port. I rolled back to an 8.0 version but it still has the same problem.
Is this a known issue?

define "lost the ability." There's no series of steps or any such voodoo, you simply select the analog output from the audio output device list. I just tested here on 8.0.2 and works fine

When I select analogue audio I don't have any audio
(2017-06-10, 23:20)asantosjr Wrote: I have Kodi installed in a Asus Chromebox CN60 and always upgaded it using apt-get, but recently when I was trying to update to 17.3 something went wrong and I decided reinstall Kodi using EZ Setup script.
Now the box boots in the EFI Shell and I cannot preceed with the installation. I tryied to install GalliumOS through an USB drive, but it boots and get stuck on the UEFI firmware boot screen. When I plug the USB after the boot it freeze whatever it is doing.
What can I do to have Kodi up and running again?
Thanks in advanced!

sure sounds like the issue is with that USB, though I'm not sure why you changed firmware types just to update Kodi. I'd create the GalliumOS install media using a different USB, and make sure that the ISO is written as an image (dd mode) not in ISO mode.

(2017-06-11, 01:55)Ryangodammit Wrote: When I select analogue audio I don't have any audio

have you tested the connected speakers or what have you to another device to verify the hardware is good? Or try booting a LibreELEC USB in live mode to see if it's a software issue? There's no problem here so it has to be something specific to your setup.
  • 507(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37