Nvidia Shield + Kodi = Incorrect Kodi time
Here is my setup. I have a Nvidia Shield Pro (2017). I have the time setup correctly within the Nvidia Shield and it shows the correct time. However, on my Kodi install (v16) time is off by 8 hours. I did some research and found that a timezone option is available in settings under the International option, but when I look there there is no timezone option for me available. It is not displayed so I can not change my timezone. Any suggestions on how to get my time correct?
You can not manual set the time in Kodi settings on Android you can only change the format, it pulls the time from the time set in Android settings.

I can't say why you're not getting the correct time in Kodi if it's correct in Android.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Yeah, it is odd. I can not figure it out.
Does anyone know where Kodi actually gets the system time from? I am digging around in my system (using adb) and it appears that everything points to the correct timezone outside of Kodi.
(2017-05-08, 00:05)dustintinsley Wrote: Does anyone know where Kodi actually gets the system time from? I am digging around in my system (using adb) and it appears that everything points to the correct timezone outside of Kodi.

Kodi retrieves all Time settings from Nvidia Shield so close Kodi go into Nvidia Shield settings and set the time
One HTPC Windows 7 pro 64x running WMC with 2 HDhomeRun on Comcast 6 tuners with MCEbuddy
WD MyCloud 24TB over Netgear network | 6500 movies and 40,000+ TV Show episodes
(2017-05-08, 00:30)Rickt1962 Wrote:
(2017-05-08, 00:05)dustintinsley Wrote: Does anyone know where Kodi actually gets the system time from? I am digging around in my system (using adb) and it appears that everything points to the correct timezone outside of Kodi.

Kodi retrieves all Time settings from Nvidia Shield so close Kodi go into Nvidia Shield settings and set the time

I have done this. The time in Nvidia Shield is correct everywhere except Kodi.
Quote:I did some research and found that a timezone option is available in settings
I am not clear whether you mean in Kodi or Nvidia shield.

Can I assume you have checked time-zone settings in the Nvidia shield. It is a common mistake for people to just change the time, but leave the time-zone as UTC or some other far away country.
Yes, I have set the timezone in the Shield. The timezone in the Shield is correct. The time in the Shield is correct. The time in Kodi running on the shield is off by 8 hours
(2017-05-08, 01:57)dustintinsley Wrote: Yes, I have set the timezone in the Shield. The timezone in the Shield is correct. The time in the Shield is correct. The time in Kodi running on the shield is off by 8 hours

I have this same issue... I wonder if it has to do with an ongoing bug in the Shield where the time shown on the screensaver is 8 hours ahead. It was fixed at one point, but seems to be back. Basically, I have the correct time zone set in the Shield and the time shows correctly on the main screen. However, when the screen saver kicks in the time is +8 hours. And I also see the time is +8 hours in Kodi.
Actually, I was just about to do a workaround where I turn OFF automatic time setting in the Shield and then set the time zone to GMT - 2:00. Then I set the time manually to my local time. Now the Shield main screen, the screen saver, and Kodi all show the correct time.

I don't understand why they can't fix that Shield screen saver bug once and for all.
(2017-05-08, 00:45)Karellen Wrote:
Quote:I did some research and found that a timezone option is available in settings
I am not clear whether you mean in Kodi or Nvidia shield.

Can I assume you have checked time-zone settings in the Nvidia shield. It is a common mistake for people to just change the time, but leave the time-zone as UTC or some other far away country.
I have the EXACT same setup and correct settings as the author of this thread (@dustintinsley) and also the exact same Kodi wrong time display issue, except I have Krypton 17.4 instead of Jarvis. I have no Kodi wrong time display issues with my MINIX NEO U9-H or Rockchip rk3399 boxes. This only occurs on my new Nvidia Shield 16GB (2017). Kodi displays wrong time immediately after any fresh install - even before adding any resources or add-ons. WiFi or wired doesn't matter either. Very frustrating. Nvidia says if the time displays correctly on the Shield home screen and Kodi is displaying the wrong time then it's an issue with Kodi. So, is there a fix for this or not? Thanks for any helpful feedback.
(2017-06-04, 02:24)swyman18 Wrote: Actually, I was just about to do a workaround where I turn OFF automatic time setting in the Shield and then set the time zone to GMT - 2:00. Then I set the time manually to my local time.  Now the Shield main screen, the screen saver, and Kodi all show the correct time.

I don't understand why they can't fix that Shield screen saver bug once and for all.

@swyman18, your workaround worked for me, except I had to set the time zone to GMT-08:00 Alaska Daylight Time (I'm in Hawaii). Still, I hope this bug gets fixed. Thank you.
This issue appears to have been fixed in the Kodi 17.5.1 final update. Shield main screen & screen saver, and Kodi now all displaying correct time for my Hawaii time zone. Hope it lasts.
I was having this problem also today where my Kodi time was 3 hours ahead of the shield (correct) time.  I rebooted my shield and the time fixed itself.  Not sure why it was off in the first place.  This might help others with this problem.
Hi,

I'm using Shield 2017 and Kodi 18 RC4, it seems that the is back...
System (NVIDIA) shows correct time but KODI diffrent time..

Any available solutions?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia Shield + Kodi = Incorrect Kodi time1