• 58(current)
Beta Spotify for Kodi
(2017-06-04, 03:41)jurialmunkey Wrote: EDIT: Actually looks like the plugin isn't working at all now. Tried completely deleting (plus addon_data folder) and reinstalling, but doesn't seem to work. I can view my stuff but can't play anything. Will grab a log shortly.

https://github.com/plietar/librespot/issues/190
(2017-06-04, 08:31)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2017-06-04, 03:41)jurialmunkey Wrote: EDIT: Actually looks like the plugin isn't working at all now. Tried completely deleting (plus addon_data folder) and reinstalling, but doesn't seem to work. I can view my stuff but can't play anything. Will grab a log shortly.
https://github.com/plietar/librespot/issues/190

Ah that is a shame. Thanks for the headsup. Hopefully it will get fixed soon / is only a temporary issue. In the meantime I've temporarily reverted back to the old libspotify version (eddiewould/flakey-bit's fork that added song radio support) which appears to be working as it was previously.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2017-06-04, 08:56)jurialmunkey Wrote: Ah that is a shame. Thanks for the headsup. Hopefully it will get fixed soon. In the meantime I've temporarily reverted back to the old libspotify version (eddiewould/flakey-bit's fork that added song radio support) which appears to be working as it was previously.

I indeed hope it's still fixable. Seems that Spotify is now blocking the librespot implementation from their servers.
Yes you can indeed temporary revert to the libspotify version but that will stop working somewhere within the next few months too as Spotify announced yet long time ago that libspotify will be dropped in 2017. It's the whole reason I took the adventure to move to librespot as they're still not providing another sdk with playback support.

Well, we'll just hope for a quick resolution.
i am getting login request everytime i start kodi now.

I.e spotify wants me to enter my login details, and opens a browser.

even if i enter my details, and it tells me its successfull, it asks me on next reboot again.

Br
Patric
(2017-06-04, 09:27)mrpg Wrote: i am getting login request everytime i start kodi now.

I.e spotify wants me to enter my login details, and opens a browser.

even if i enter my details, and it tells me its successfull, it asks me on next reboot again.

Br
Patric

Please read before you post, see the post right above yours.

Spotify is either currently experiencing some issues or they're now blocking opensource projects from their servers.

So, at this time this Spotify addon will no longer function. You can temporary revert to the previous version (pre 1.0.x) but that will most likely fail soon too.
Let's hope this is a temporary issue and it will be back in business soon.
OK, the issue is already fixed. I will rebuild the binaries and provide a new version of the addon later today
For what it's worth, the impliementation of 1.1.13 seems to work fine (so far as i can test it) on the RPI3 Libreelec 8.02, if you copy the cache across from a machine with access to a webbrowser (in this case a Win10 PC on a stick). You can browse playlists, Search etc. With Spotify's current stance, can't play on the local device, however Spotify Connect does also seem fine and will let you play music back if you have a 'Spotify Approved' device to playback on like an echo etc
version 1.1.14 is now on the repo, playback is fixed again ;-)
Going to keep looking to see if I missed something obvious, but playback seems to still be broken in windows 10 Kodi 17.3 (Confluence plugin), but still works when I revert back to 1.0.25 from the emby repository and disable automatic updates.

What appears to be happening is that Kodi hangs when it attempts to play a file from a playlist. Returns an error after a while reporting that the files couldn't be played back. It "feels like" the plugin isn't authenticating with the servers, but the weird part is that it goes through my personal menu items almost immediately as opposed to taking some time to negotiate with the servers each time I drill further down the menu tree which had been the norm for previous versions.

Is there something simple I'm missing WRT clearing the original login data and forcing a new init login? Apologies if this is something simple, but I'm a complete neophyte when it comes to this, and my google-foo isn't returning any reasonable answers.

Hopefully spotify will work towards making this easier for folks to do.... Kodi is absolutely essential to my use of Spotify and I'd cancel my premium subscription if it can no longer be kludged into a plugin.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions on what I'm missing, and thanks for the amazing work you've done to date.

(I just noticed the post about 1.1.14..... the zip file I've got was 1.1.13, does that mean I need to re-download the github zip file? ).
Hello, I installed the last release of the "plugin.audio.spotify" plugin on Kodi 17.3 (installed on my raspBerry 3 - raspbian 8), but I'm not able to log in.
I expected a popup (or something similar) to enable the plugin on spotify, but nothing happens!

Do you know how can I enable the plugin on spotify?
Using Kodi I can only insert my username and password and then, pressing OK, I can observe that the plugin does not work!

Thank you in advance for your replies!
(2017-06-04, 23:26)sswilson Wrote: (I just noticed the post about 1.1.14..... the zip file I've got was 1.1.13, does that mean I need to re-download the github zip file? ).

Do NOT install from zip. Install from my repository please.
Your issue will be fixed in 1.1.14 which will be auto installed from the repo
(2017-06-05, 00:12)tmontanaro Wrote: Hello, I installed the last release of the "plugin.audio.spotify" plugin on Kodi 17.3 (installed on my raspBerry 3 - raspbian 8), but I'm not able to log in.
I expected a popup (or something similar) to enable the plugin on spotify, but nothing happens!

Do you know how can I enable the plugin on spotify?
Using Kodi I can only insert my username and password and then, pressing OK, I can observe that the plugin does not work!

Thank you in advance for your replies!

What version of the plugin ? 1.1.15 ?
Please make sure you have version 1.1.15 installed because 1.1.14 had an issue with the raspberry pi.
If you're running 1.1.15 and still have issues, please share your kodi logfile so I can have a look.
1.1.15 working just fine locally again. Thanks again marcel !
@tmontanaro i haven't looked in detail but from what you mention you might need to on a browser enabled (Android / Windows) version of Kodi, install this very same repository and addon and then navigate to kodi userdata\addon_data\plugin.audio.spotify copy the cache file to the same location on your pi and it may work
(2017-06-05, 01:16)damo1x Wrote: 1.1.15 working just fine locally again. Thanks again marcel !
@tmontanaro i haven't looked in detail but from what you mention you might need to on a browser enabled (Android / Windows) version of Kodi, install this very same repository and addon and then navigate to kodi userdata\addon_data\plugin.audio.spotify copy the cache file to the same location on your pi and it may work

No, that is no longer needed since the 1.1.x version of the plugin. It only still requires a browser if you're running the plugin on Android or IOS.
(2017-06-05, 01:12)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2017-06-04, 23:26)sswilson Wrote: (I just noticed the post about 1.1.14..... the zip file I've got was 1.1.13, does that mean I need to re-download the github zip file? ).

Do NOT install from zip. Install from my repository please.
Your issue will be fixed in 1.1.14 which will be auto installed from the repo

Ok, finally found the proper link to your repository and got 1.1.15 to install, but still no joy. Went so far as to delete the app data to force a username/password request but it still will not play back (freezes kodi for a period of time before reporting back that it's unable to play some of the files)

Again.... takes me quickly to my menu tree and even search works quickly (tried search on the off chance it was an issue with the cached file structure) but as soon as I attempt to play a file it hangs. Could very well be something I'm not doing because of my ignorance, but so far I'm not having any luck under the new system that doesn't push the initial browser authentication.

Thanks for your time but I'm going back to the emby repository version for the time being. Might try a clean Kodi re-install later this week.
  • 58(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Spotify for Kodi17