(2017-05-26, 09:19)jlazkano Wrote:
(2017-05-26, 00:13)noggin Wrote:
(2017-05-25, 17:25)jlazkano Wrote: Hello,

I am interested in the Odroid C2.

I have some questions:
- Is it possible to suspend?
- It could play 4K HDR films?

Kind regards.

C2 is based on S905. This doesn't have HDR support.
Thanks!

Abd what about suspend? Is it posible?

Regads.

Sorry - no idea. Not a function I use.
(2017-05-26, 09:19)jlazkano Wrote: Thanks!

Abd what about suspend? Is it posible?

Regads.
What exactly do you expect? I mean like real suspend to ram or so? So you can start at the same screen, which you left some days ago before shutdown/suspend?

Well it kind of has at least the capability to shut-down and cold boot via IR-Command as well as via CEC-Command, so you can power it on and off. The boot takes about 15 to 20s I guess, with eMMC. Perhaps a bit faster, but noticeably if your TV starts very fast (my philips TV does not, so I never see the C2 boot process). But a feature like hibernation is not supported as far as I know.

Or is it just important for you that it can make a cold-boot via IR remote and so on? Or is it the power-consumption that concerns you?
Thanks for the reply.

I want to suspend/power off with a external IR receiver (USB) and then wake up/power on from the external IR receiver.

Is it possible to wake up from a external USB? Something like keyboard or a IR receiver?

Regards.
All this Sleep, Wake, Suspend is actually pretty pointless because these AMLogic devices are based on mobile chipsets and consume two tenths of sweet f. all power when left on 24/7 anyway.

You are not using a power guzzling HTPC here with fans and HDD's and power hungry Graphics cards.

You can Power OFF / ON with:
- the C2's own IR remote.
- a Harmony remote programmed as a C1/C2 remote
- any other programmable remote so long as you know the IR Power Button code.
- using HDMI CEC control to get the TV to turn the C2 - OFF / ON.
- it may be possible to implement something via the GPIO pins, not sure.

The Infra Red OFF / ON signal is Hardcoded into C2's U-boot. It will not work with any other implementation, apart from those listed above.

^^^^ It wasn't pointless for me as my media server, with all its hard drives etc, keeps powered on whilst the IP of the media device is detected.

So for my C2 or Pi3 etc I just power them down and use a remote control to cut the mains power to the device. The media PC, in the loft, no longer detects and media device connected and so goes into sleep mode.
(2017-05-30, 11:24)wrxtasy Wrote: You can Power OFF / ON with:
- using HDMI CEC control to get the TV to turn the C2 - OFF / ON.

I've never been able to get this to work, is it obvious?

I want mine to power down as it does tend to get quite hot and when the summer comes I can see that being an issue
Maybe it is somewhere detailed, but help me with this info: what are the advantages to use libreelec compiled 64bit with 32bit userspace?
@wrxtasy - would LOVE to know how to turn on the C2 when powering the TV on.

I've setup everything in Kodi so that the C2 powers down when I power off the TV, but dont know how to power the C2 on when I turn the TV back on. I usually have to select the HDMI channel, then perform a scan, wait for it to appear, then select it. Sort of less than ideal. Any tips?
(2017-06-02, 11:10)bogchop Wrote: @wrxtasy - would LOVE to know how to turn on the C2 when powering the TV on.

I've setup everything in Kodi so that the C2 powers down when I power off the TV, but dont know how to power the C2 on when I turn the TV back on. I usually have to select the HDMI channel, then perform a scan, wait for it to appear, then select it. Sort of less than ideal. Any tips?
It doesn't use much power, why turn it off?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-06-02, 11:10)bogchop Wrote: @wrxtasy - would LOVE to know how to turn on the C2 when powering the TV on.

i just switch hdmi and it powers on fast
(2017-06-03, 00:33)nickr Wrote: It doesn't use much power, why turn it off?

The C2 has some incredibly annoying lights, specifically a blue one. The power light not so much. Anyway, after you turn the TV off and the lights are out, it makes going to bed really hard, when those lights are flickering and going hard like a rave party! It's hidden behind a wall mounted TV, and light still manages to keep me awake Smile
(2017-06-05, 02:27)bogchop Wrote:

The C2 has some incredibly annoying lights, specifically a blue one. The power light not so much. Anyway, after you turn the TV off and the lights are out, it makes going to bed really hard, when those lights are flickering and going hard like a rave party! It's hidden behind a wall mounted TV, and light still manages to keep me awake Smile

Kill the blue light

https://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f...eds#p27621
(2017-06-05, 02:27)bogchop Wrote:

Mine is in a cupboard.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Black electrical tape will fix that.

I did that to my now dead TV that had an overly bright on/off led
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Black tape doesn't help when the case is clear, haha! Didn't have the issue with my Pi, didn't think it'd be the case with the odroid but I was wrong Laugh
  • 98(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610