• 111(current)
Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use
New fw 1.4.5 around June 3.
Fixes usb 3.0 speed and enhances compatibility with uhd playback.
More BD menus will be supported as well.
Is there any recommended anti virus app for our x9s?
I am browsing through google chrome and message pop up virus detected.

Sent from my iPhone
I'm tempted to get a Zidoo X8 for the 3D and BD menu support.

Does anybody know if it will play Cinavia movies?
(2017-05-31, 21:58)SofaKng Wrote: I'm tempted to get a Zidoo X8 for the 3D and BD menu support.

not just plain and raw in an .iso you'll have to get a bit more creative.
Thanks for the reply but I'm not sure what you mean?

Are you saying that playing an ISO with Cinavia will cause the audio to be muted and the protection to be activated?
(2017-06-01, 03:59)SofaKng Wrote: Thanks for the reply but I'm not sure what you mean?

Are you saying that playing an ISO with Cinavia will cause the audio to be muted and the protection to be activated?

yes. Cinavia is defeatable but not by the X9S hardware or software out of the box.
A new review for X10 is up.
Have you seen the new remote? It's backlit and has a STOP button!! Yes! A STOP button on an Android device! Finally! Smile It's very similar to a Popcorn remote (and this is a good thing). On 'old' reviews, X10 was shipped with the same remote as X9S. It seems Zidoo is now shipping a new remote with X10.

On the other hand, I've read this in Zidoo official forum regarding color levels. Is this really a problem? It's for X9S, but since X10 has an almost identical firmware, this issue will be present on this model too.
I have today the X9S for 118.99 € ordered. Be curious what the box so can. It is important to me that the Hyperion works for my background lighting.
Living Room: ASRock J3455 , 8GB RAM, Sandisk SSD 120GB, LibreELEC Testbuild,- Pioneer VSX-930 - Sony KD-65XD7505
Test HDR Setup: Bqeel M9Cmax (S905X 2GB RAM, 16G Flash) LibreElec HDR 10Bit Build Test6 from johngalt
R.I.P. DAD: 17.06.1952 - 21.01.2017
(2017-06-05, 13:04)boblo Wrote: On the other hand, I've read this in Zidoo official forum regarding color levels. Is this really a problem? It's for X9S, but since X10 has an almost identical firmware, this issue will be present on this model too.
That's interesting. I have checked the output on one of the earlier firmware and YCbCr output was perfect for 8/10/12bit. In fact, it was the most accurate when compared to Amlogic and nVIDIA. Now, this could have changed in the latest firmware.
(2017-06-05, 18:57)wesk05 Wrote:
(2017-06-05, 13:04)boblo Wrote: On the other hand, I've read this in Zidoo official forum regarding color levels. Is this really a problem? It's for X9S, but since X10 has an almost identical firmware, this issue will be present on this model too.
That's interesting. I have checked the output on one of the earlier firmware and YCbCr output was perfect for 8/10/12bit. In fact, it was the most accurate when compared to Amlogic and nVIDIA. Now, this could have changed in the latest firmware.
Thank you for your input. I see you're a Zidoo beta-tester, so I'd like to know if there are problems with image quality using firmware 1.3.0, that is, clipping, banding, color shifting, black crush, you know. I'm seriously thinking in pulling the trigger with X10. I have an old Dvico TVIX 6500A player and I need a replacement (the 6500A has a Sigma SMP8635 SoC, so image quality is beyond suspicion; I hope image quality of RTD1295DD is on par).

No comment about the new remote? I think this is a big upgrade over the X9S remote.
I have Kodi 17.1 and f/w 1.4.4 on Zidoo X10 and Kodi crashes constantly. Is there any new version of firmware or Kodi for X10?
(2017-06-05, 13:54)sunnyfunny Wrote: I have today the X9S for 118.99 € ordered. Be curious what the box so can. It is important to me that the Hyperion works for my background lighting.
I'm waiting for your review about Hyperion working or not, could you test a 3D MVC mkv ?

I have some doubts about the external player but we will see.
Hyperion does not work, because Kodi use a external player.
Living Room: ASRock J3455 , 8GB RAM, Sandisk SSD 120GB, LibreELEC Testbuild,- Pioneer VSX-930 - Sony KD-65XD7505
Test HDR Setup: Bqeel M9Cmax (S905X 2GB RAM, 16G Flash) LibreElec HDR 10Bit Build Test6 from johngalt
R.I.P. DAD: 17.06.1952 - 21.01.2017
(2017-06-01, 03:30)twinpeaks Wrote:
(2017-05-31, 21:58)SofaKng Wrote: I'm tempted to get a Zidoo X8 for the 3D and BD menu support.

I thought there would be no problem with Cinavia in these players.
What exactly do you mean by being creative?
I am using Pi3 and no Cinavia troubles.
Was just about to order X8 till I read about this.
Is this a real problem?
(2017-06-08, 00:34)3dgeek Wrote:
(2017-06-01, 03:30)twinpeaks Wrote:

I thought there would be no problem with Cinavia in these players.
What exactly do you mean by being creative?
I am using Pi3 and no Cinavia troubles.
Was just about to order X8 till I read about this.
Is this a real problem?

I've never seen anything about how these devices just ignore Cinavia but perhaps they are. Not everything has Cinavia. I use AnyDVD HD personally to rip my Blu-Rays. If you're getting your material from torrents perhaps they've already removed it.
  • 111(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use8