• 61(current)
Beta Spotify for Kodi
Oh, thank you. I didn't notice there were different repositories. I had your addon installed from this repository (https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-install...kodi-beta/) and that one didn't have the lastest version of the addon. Now spotify works again! Thanks!
Dear Marcel,

First of all. Thank you so much for your effort and time you put in making the spotify plugin for kodi.
There's just one question I have about your latest release.

I am able to connect via spotify connect from my kodi instance on my raspberry pi to my spotify client on my laptop and on my phone.
But I don't see any possibility to use it the other way around. Neighter my phone, nor my windows client recognizes the pi/kodi/spotify instance.

Would you know why this doesn't work or is it just working one way (still)?

With regards,
John van Rhee
(2017-06-05, 15:48)Special Wrote: Spotify Connect doesn't work for me with 1.1.15, the service is immediately killed after starting:

Yes, I know. This will be fixed later. I have to rebuild all binaries once again which takes ages on my machine.
(2017-06-05, 20:51)John01nl Wrote: I am able to connect via spotify connect from my kodi instance on my raspberry pi to my spotify client on my laptop and on my phone.
But I don't see any possibility to use it the other way around. Neighter my phone, nor my windows client recognizes the pi/kodi/spotify instance.

Yes, this is now temporary broken as I was in a hurry yesterday to get the plugin up and running again.
I will provide a new version asap which will fix the connect issue.
(2017-06-05, 16:10)sswilson Wrote: edit: and yes... I uninstalled the older version, deleted app data, restarted Kodi, installed the newer version (.15) and entered in the userdata, rebooted kodi and attempted to play a file.

Did you restart the entire computer ?
One more thing. Now I'm experiencing lags where sound either gets cut often like if Raspberry was either running out of buffer or CPU wasn't fast enough to process the stream so it's often slowing down or there is like 1min silence when now playing should jump to next track. Any idea where the problem could be? I have the latest Libreelec, fresh install with only spotify addon setup.
(2017-06-05, 20:56)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2017-06-05, 16:10)sswilson Wrote: edit: and yes... I uninstalled the older version, deleted app data, restarted Kodi, installed the newer version (.15) and entered in the userdata, rebooted kodi and attempted to play a file.

Believe it or not I did while I was deleting the original app data. I'll give it another try either later tonight or tomorrow. One of the other symptoms seems to be that kodi will not close cleanly from "exit" with the newer plugin installed.

Is there something persistent in windows that wouldn't be shutting down when kodi shuts down?
(2017-06-05, 20:54)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2017-06-05, 20:51)John01nl Wrote: I am able to connect via spotify connect from my kodi instance on my raspberry pi to my spotify client on my laptop and on my phone.

Yes, this is now temporary broken as I was in a hurry yesterday to get the plugin up and running again.
I will provide a new version asap which will fix the connect issue.

Offcourse. That's the primary function wich is of the upmost importance. Thank you for bringing the plugin up and running so quickly. I look forward to see the connection function working aswell.
(2017-06-05, 21:05)sswilson Wrote:
(2017-06-05, 20:56)marcelveldt Wrote:

Believe it or not I did while I was deleting the original app data. I'll give it another try either later tonight or tomorrow. One of the other symptoms seems to be that kodi will not close cleanly from "exit" with the newer plugin installed.

Is there something persistent in windows that wouldn't be shutting down when kodi shuts down?

Ok, went through a fairly thorough shutdown/restart.......

Start kodi/uninstall 1.0.25/shut down kodi/restart PC/delete app data (more on this later)/restart PC/open kodi/install 1.1.15/cleared userinfo to default/shut down kodi/reboot PC/open kodi/verify login info still nil/enter login info/shut down kodi/reboot PC/Start Kodi (got the "default browser" message along with an open browser for authentification/ open plugin/playback freezes/close kodi/reboot PC/open kodi/open plugin/playback still freezes kodi/reverted back to 1.0.25/playback works

The only thing that's puzzling me is that the default login info populated after I'd deleted the app data folder I could find which suggests I'm not getting all of it. Where would I look for the app data or is there a folder name I can search for?

edit: Now I'm not even seeing the return of the app data folder I deleted previously. Sorry... think I"m going to tap out for now and see if the lightbulb comes on for somebody else that explains what I'm doing incorrectly. I'll stick with the older version until it breaks completely and then maybe try a full kodi re-install.
(2017-06-06, 00:46)sswilson Wrote: Ok, went through a fairly thorough shutdown/restart.......

Start kodi/uninstall 1.0.25/shut down kodi/restart PC/delete app data (more on this later)/restart PC/open kodi/install 1.1.15/cleared userinfo to default/shut down kodi/reboot PC/open kodi/verify login info still nil/enter login info/shut down kodi/reboot PC/Start Kodi (got the "default browser" message along with an open browser for authentification/ open plugin/playback freezes/close kodi/reboot PC/open kodi/open plugin/playback still freezes kodi/reverted back to 1.0.25/playback works

The only thing that's puzzling me is that the default login info populated after I'd deleted the app data folder I could find which suggests I'm not getting all of it. Where would I look for the app data or is there a folder name I can search for?

edit: Now I'm not even seeing the return of the app data folder I deleted previously. Sorry... think I"m going to tap out for now and see if the lightbulb comes on for somebody else that explains what I'm doing incorrectly. I'll stick with the older version until it breaks completely and then maybe try a full kodi re-install.

1) The new version doesn't have any data stored in the addon_data folder anymore.

2) I forgot to mention. If you're on Windows, you must install the MS VC 2015 runtime, just google it and install.

Please let me know if the vc2015 runtime did the trick.

EDIT: nvm, I might have found a way to prevent that dependency. Please test the next version 1.1.16 and let me know.
(2017-06-05, 21:04)Eso_Rimmer Wrote: One more thing. Now I'm experiencing lags where sound either gets cut often like if Raspberry was either running out of buffer or CPU wasn't fast enough to process the stream so it's often slowing down or there is like 1min silence when now playing should jump to next track. Any idea where the problem could be? I have the latest Libreelec, fresh install with only spotify addon setup.

Can you please test again with the latest 1.1.6 version ?
If you still notice the issue, can you give me some more insight...

1) Does the issue occur right away when you start playing or after a few songs ?
2) What's the cpu usage when spotify is playing ?
3) can you grab you kodi logfile after these playback issues occurred ?
(2017-06-05, 16:54)DarkHelmet Wrote: Using 1.1.15 with Kodi 17.3 on windows 10. I cannot play any tracks anymore. When I try Kodi freezes and after a while i get a message that "one or more items could not be played".

Can you confirm it's fixed with 1.1.16 ?
(2017-06-05, 17:15)tmontanaro Wrote: I'm trying to use a free spotify account (no premium)
I attached the log obtained on windows to this post.

Free accounts are NOT supported, only premium.
Did some more testing today (Ubuntu 16.0.4, Kodi NUC). With local playback everything seems to be working. I cannot get connect client mode to work though. After a Kodi fresh start I can see the Spotify client advertising on the network. But the spotty-x84_64-musl process crashes or stops very soon afterwards (vanishes from the system monitor processes list without an error notification). I also tried to restart spotty manually from outside of Kodi, but that didn't work either.
(2017-06-06, 09:24)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2017-06-05, 17:15)tmontanaro Wrote: I'm trying to use a free spotify account (no premium)
I attached the log obtained on windows to this post.

Free accounts are NOT supported, only premium.

Sad ... I suspected it ... but I did not find any info in the documentation!
Thank you again!

I think I will simply install the spotify client on the raspberry and when I want to use spotify I will use it instead of kodi ...
Thank you!
  • 61(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Spotify for Kodi17