• 93(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread
(2017-06-06, 16:57)Yousty Wrote:
(2017-06-06, 16:19)Yousty Wrote: Decided to finally take the plunge and upgrade EMM last night from 1.4.7.2 to 1.4.8.0 x64. It went pretty smoothly except for the fact that none of the artwork now shows up in the preview pane no matter what show, season, or episode I have highlighted. All of the info shows up but the graphics area is just grey with the rating and genre boxes showing. Am I missing a setting somewhere?

Also, if I rescrape a show is there an easy way to go through and pick the art for each season like we were able to do in 1.4.7.2 or do I have to double click on each season?

Nvm, I figured out my problem! None of the Display Art boxes were checked under Settings -> General -> Main Window subsection.

That still leaves my second question though. Is there no easy way to choose season art when doing a rescrape anymore? In 1.4.7.2 it showed a file tree on the left when you did a TV Show rescrape that would let you choose the art for everything but now it appears you can only choose art for the top level.

Yes, you can! It's still there if you rescrape the whole tv show:

Believe I've narrowed down my issue with the excess TMDB queries. It seems to be (so far) just with one TV show. I scraped a couple of movies since just fine.

I'm trying to scrape the Dungeons & Dragons cartoon series. I can't imagine that it would have some crazy number of items to scrape. Not even sure that the number of assets matters.
Is there any reason you can think of why a TV show would produce that error and movies would not?
The support folks for the TMDb API said the following: "It sounds like they haven't built any logic around obeying (and throttling) requests to be within our defined request limits." " Ya, if you're getting a 429 error, there's nothing you can do. It's up to the developers to make sure they handle that behaviour properly. Your Internet and our API is just too fast..."

I don't think that's the case, but still having the issue. Any ideas, Dan? I appreciate your help.
(2017-06-06, 17:46)noonan2678 Wrote: Believe I've narrowed down my issue with the excess TMDB queries. It seems to be (so far) just with one TV show. I scraped a couple of movies since just fine.

I'm trying to scrape the Dungeons & Dragons cartoon series. I can't imagine that it would have some crazy number of items to scrape. Not even sure that the number of assets matters.
Is there any reason you can think of why a TV show would produce that error and movies would not?
Ember can't scape 30 movies in 10 seconds, so you never will run into the limit (ok, for movies it is 1 call for info, 1 for images and 1 for trailers if enabled).
But for tv show we produce many api calls:
- 1 for tv show for info
- 1 per season for info
- 1 per episode for info
- 1 for tv show for images
- 1 per season for images
- 1 per episode for images

As you can see....

(2017-06-06, 18:04)noonan2678 Wrote: The support folks for the TMDb API said the following: "It sounds like they haven't built any logic around obeying (and throttling) requests to be within our defined request limits."

I don't think that's the case, but still having the issue. Any ideas, Dan? I appreciate your help.

I think the same, but we use an API wrapper that not has been coded by us. So it's possible that the throttling does not work. I will check that later today.
Ok, thanks, Dan. It's just weird to me that this show, of all of them, would produce the error. I've scraped so many which have far more seasons, episodes, assets, etc. than this one.

EDIT - I tried "change show" and it worked. No idea... Scrape wouldn't work at all, even when I only tried to scrape the show info. Even tried changing the "&" to "and" just to be sure.
Anyway - all good now, but maybe a bug in there somewhere. Smile
I'm sure you've had this request/question before, but is there any plans to implement offline music scraping? Using Kodi internal scraper to get album details, ratings etc. is a major pain because MusicBrainz is constantly having database issues and there is no way of knowing whether it responds or not. An offline scraper could retry and hopefully get things done.
(2017-06-06, 18:24)noonan2678 Wrote: Ok, thanks, Dan. It's just weird to me that this show, of all of them, would produce the error. I've scraped so many which have far more seasons, episodes, assets, etc. than this one.

EDIT - I tried "change show" and it worked. No idea... Scrape wouldn't work at all, even when I only tried to scrape the show info. Even tried changing the "&" to "and" just to be sure.
Anyway - all good now, but maybe a bug in there somewhere. Smile

can you send me the log file with the original error? That all sounds weird...
(2017-06-06, 18:24)Boulder Wrote: I'm sure you've had this request/question before, but is there any plans to implement offline music scraping? Using Kodi internal scraper to get album details, ratings etc. is a major pain because MusicBrainz is constantly having database issues and there is no way of knowing whether it responds or not. An offline scraper could retry and hopefully get things done.

With "offline" do you mean an external software like Ember, right?
Music and music video scraping is planed for Ember 2.0.
(2017-06-06, 18:58)DanCooper Wrote:
(2017-06-06, 18:24)Boulder Wrote: I'm sure you've had this request/question before, but is there any plans to implement offline music scraping? Using Kodi internal scraper to get album details, ratings etc. is a major pain because MusicBrainz is constantly having database issues and there is no way of knowing whether it responds or not. An offline scraper could retry and hopefully get things done.

With "offline" do you mean an external software like Ember, right?
Music and music video scraping is planed for Ember 2.0.

Yes, offline = EMM. Great to hear it's in the works some day Big Grin
(2017-06-06, 18:56)DanCooper Wrote: can you send me the log file with the original error? That all sounds weird...

Sure - should be in here.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/os8569fwb2i4am...6.csv?dl=0
(2017-06-06, 17:27)DanCooper Wrote:
(2017-06-06, 16:57)Yousty Wrote:
(2017-06-06, 16:19)Yousty Wrote: Decided to finally take the plunge and upgrade EMM last night from 1.4.7.2 to 1.4.8.0 x64. It went pretty smoothly except for the fact that none of the artwork now shows up in the preview pane no matter what show, season, or episode I have highlighted. All of the info shows up but the graphics area is just grey with the rating and genre boxes showing. Am I missing a setting somewhere?

Also, if I rescrape a show is there an easy way to go through and pick the art for each season like we were able to do in 1.4.7.2 or do I have to double click on each season?

Nvm, I figured out my problem! None of the Display Art boxes were checked under Settings -> General -> Main Window subsection.

That still leaves my second question though. Is there no easy way to choose season art when doing a rescrape anymore? In 1.4.7.2 it showed a file tree on the left when you did a TV Show rescrape that would let you choose the art for everything but now it appears you can only choose art for the top level.

Hmmm, your layout looks way different than mine. When I right click on a show and choose Rescrape Show I get the following:
(2017-06-06, 20:25)Yousty Wrote:
(2017-06-06, 17:27)DanCooper Wrote:
(2017-06-06, 16:57)Yousty Wrote: Nvm, I figured out my problem! None of the Display Art boxes were checked under Settings -> General -> Main Window subsection.

Hmmm, your layout looks way different than mine. When I right click on a show and choose Rescrape Show I get the following:
Settings - TV Shows - Scraper Images - Show Image Select Dialog while scraping
(2017-06-06, 20:56)DanCooper Wrote: Settings - TV Shows - Scraper Images - Show Image Select Dialog while scraping

Thank you!!! Thank you for the help and this awesome software!
My apologies for this dumb question. But how do i add the movie source folder? I dont see an option to that/.
(2017-06-08, 01:06)MANswers Wrote: My apologies for this dumb question. But how do i add the movie source folder? I dont see an option to that/.

Edit -> Settings -> Movies (icon) -> Files and Sources (in the left column) -> Add Source (top right tab)

Same logic for the TV shows.

Hope this helps. Ciao.
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
  • 93(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread2