• 63(current)
Beta Spotify for Kodi
(2017-06-06, 14:23)marcelveldt Wrote: What I will do is implement a toggle option in the addon settings to enable caching to disk.
Once that's done, I will give you a headsup to test again. Hopefully later today already as it shouldn't be too much work.

If possible, it would be nice to add an option to chose the location for the caching. This way, a Pi user with a usb disk attached could use it for the cache, and save the SD wear and tear.
Ahhhhhhh Yeeeaaahhh!!

1.16 works.

This time when I ran it - my firewall popped up with a "spotty.exe" that wanted through... I allowed it.

Working awesome -- and with the visualization -- which is what I really wanted.

THIS IS TIGHT.

Where's your donation button bro?
(2017-06-06, 10:15)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2017-06-06, 09:44)xbmosx Wrote: Did some more testing today (Ubuntu 16.0.4, Kodi NUC). With local playback everything seems to be working. I cannot get connect client mode to work though. After a Kodi fresh start I can see the Spotify client advertising on the network. But the spotty-x84_64-musl process crashes or stops very soon afterwards (vanishes from the system monitor processes list without an error notification). I also tried to restart spotty manually from outside of Kodi, but that didn't work either.

Please test with 1.1.16... This was already discussed here in the posts.

I do have 1.1.16 installed.

This is what showed up in my logs just directly after a fresh start of Kodi (no idea if that's significant or not):

Code:
07:45:10.807 T:139951526090496  NOTICE: plugin.audio.spotify --> Start Spotify Connect Daemon
07:45:12.656 T:139951526090496  NOTICE: plugin.audio.spotify --> waiting for playerid
07:45:54.406 T:139950284592896  NOTICE: plugin.audio.spotify --> Stopped Spotify Connect Daemon

Fact is that as soon as I start to play a song from a desktop or mobile Spotify client with Spotify for Kodi selected as the connect target the Spotty process seems to crash and Kodi is no longer an available target for those other Spotify clients.
I'm using 1.1.16 on Kodi 17.3 on windows 10. I experience kodi crashes sometimes when I manually skip a track. Have not found a way to reliably reproduce it, sometimes skipping works normally. The log was too long to upload completely. I uploaded the last lines. Kodi freezes and crashes then completely and can only be restarted.

https://pastebin.com/ZzEXhN2f

I hope this helps
Hello Marcel,

Super addon, thanks for that! I use kodi krypton 17.3 at my Nvidia Shield with Arctic Zephyr as skin. I got youre addon installed version 1.1.16.

The problem is when I want to play a song via my phone or Ipad I cant choose kodi as playing device. Do you know about this problem?
(2017-06-07, 03:28)gammatest Wrote: Ahhhhhhh Yeeeaaahhh!!

1.16 works.

This time when I ran it - my firewall popped up with a "spotty.exe" that wanted through... I allowed it.

Working awesome -- and with the visualization -- which is what I really wanted.

THIS IS TIGHT.

Where's your donation button bro?

Can we get a confirmation on this particular file please? I've been mulling over firewall settings as well (had a quick look at my current permissions last night but didn't see anything beyond the kodi and the actual spotify app).
Holidaying with an Intel NUC in Thailand now and looks like the latest one aint working while staying here.
All was good in Finland though.
3 * Nvidia Shield + Synology NAS DS218+ LG 77CX6LA + Genelec + RasPi/rAudio + Adam T5V + T7V + T10S - ArcoLinux
(2017-06-07, 12:44)DarkHelmet Wrote: I'm using 1.1.16 on Kodi 17.3 on windows 10. I experience kodi crashes sometimes when I manually skip a track. Have not found a way to reliably reproduce it, sometimes skipping works normally. The log was too long to upload completely. I uploaded the last lines. Kodi freezes and crashes then completely and can only be restarted.

https://pastebin.com/ZzEXhN2f

I hope this helps

These crashes only occur when I use a remote like yatse or kore to change tracks. If I do it from within kodi from the now playing window in kodi skipping works fine.
Mine doesn't still work...same issues
(2017-06-06, 09:19)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2017-06-05, 21:04)Eso_Rimmer Wrote: One more thing. Now I'm experiencing lags where sound either gets cut often like if Raspberry was either running out of buffer or CPU wasn't fast enough to process the stream so it's often slowing down or there is like 1min silence when now playing should jump to next track. Any idea where the problem could be? I have the latest Libreelec, fresh install with only spotify addon setup.

Can you please test again with the latest 1.1.6 version ?
If you still notice the issue, can you give me some more insight...

1) Does the issue occur right away when you start playing or after a few songs ?
2) What's the cpu usage when spotify is playing ?
3) can you grab you kodi logfile after these playback issues occurred ?

I have updated spotify addon 1.1.16 and looks like the playback error is gone. Didn't have time to test it for a longer time but looks like the stuttering is gone too. :-)
Did a full Kodi uninstall/re-install including deleting the kodi profile folder and all appears to be working as advertised with 1.1.16 now. Hopefully the folks over at Spotify will stop trying to break this functionality.

I see no buttons to give you kudos and/or thumbs up, but please consider it done as many times as possible from my end. I'm always amazed at how much work and time some folks are willing to give back to their communities, and you certainly deserve both our praise and our thanks for the service you're providing us here.

Thanks and have a great day!

edit: Not sure if it matters, but I did the new Kodi install (17.3) from the windows store as opposed to my previous install which would have been the stand-alone file.

edit2: Assuming this keeps working as it is currently, accessing new selections in the library is much quicker than the previous version(s).
Wow! i'm so excited about the spotify connect!!!! this was the only thing that was missing.

though at this moment it seems a bit broken.

after startup i can connect to it, and start playing a song. the songs plays, yay!

but after that it is done. the song is on endless repeat. next previous are not working.
And after a while the connect is not shown anymore.

Is there anything i can do to help you develop this further? with connect it really completes kodi!

Edit:im still getting sometimes that the song just stops playing. after a few sec the next song is started. any ideas?
Have the same issue with connect.
-start Kodi, then I can see it in Spotify app and can start to play music
But then it's fine in the app
If I don't restart the Kodi device it just starts playing the last song at random times as long as I don't reboot the device.

Sent from my Nexus 6P
And the device is gone in the spotify app until I reboot

Sent from my Nexus 6P
Installed the add on but every time I play a song Kodi freezes and/or shuts down Sad Any fix for this? I was really looking forward to using Kodi to play music from my Spotify. I'm on a mac.
  • 63(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Spotify for Kodi17