• 2(current)
It begins for tvaddons
They don't need to sue, they just need to scare them off enough to remove add-ons. In this case the add-on in question was removed for "technical reasons" roughly around the same time and the dev has deleted it.

Of course TVAddons were unaware of the proceedings and the removal of the add-on was a total coincidence... sure... Smile
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
Nice this is the first time i see Kodi is not "put down" also but just mentioned for what it is "While Kodi itself is a neutral platform"

$150,000 per infringement does anyone have a estimated on how much this could be "if the law-suit happens" and not gets rejected due to technicalities
English is not my native language; please excuse typing errors.
Grampa Simpson: Unfortunately, like all true stories, this one has a crappy ending. You have a story with an ending.
Grampa, are you sure you're okay to drive at night? Grampa: It's night?
Banned add-ons
(2017-06-06, 19:26)Dangelus Wrote: They don't need to sue, they just need to scare them off enough to remove add-ons. In this case the add-on in question was removed for "technical reasons" roughly around the same time and the dev has deleted it.

Of course TVAddons were unaware of the proceedings and the removal of the add-on was a total coincidence... sure... Smile

i'm reading that lots of ""developpers"" are leaving the scene in last few hours Big GrinBig Grin
Peppe
I'm glad this has happened but I hope the mods are prepared for dozens of 1 time posters complaining that their piracy boxes/builds don't work with varying degrees of politeness and grammatical accuracy. I know there have been a few misplaced appreciation threads in the last couple of weeks but this is a good time to thank the mods for keeping this forum mostly sane. Wink
(2017-06-07, 10:05)UsefulG Wrote: I'm glad this has happened but I hope the mods are prepared for dozens of 1 time posters complaining that their piracy boxes/builds don't work with varying degrees of politeness and grammatical accuracy. I know there have been a few misplaced appreciation threads in the last couple of weeks but this is a good time to thank the mods for keeping this forum mostly sane. Wink

I think the appropriate comment to that would be SNAFU...

But it's always nice to be appreciated, so thank you Smile
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I would not target the website but the people behind it in a lawsuit. No idea where they live though.
(2017-06-07, 10:05)UsefulG Wrote: I hope the mods are prepared for dozens of 1 time posters complaining that their piracy boxes/builds don't work with varying degrees of politeness and grammatical accuracy.

Also expecting this will be happening on this forum IMO.
Hopefully a certain slaphead will stop posting videos on youtube too
HTPC
PC: Home Built
Processor: i7 6700k
GPU: GTX 980 ti
Ram: 16GB DDR4
XBMC: Kodi Jarvis
Skin: Aeon Badnox Beta

Looks like Zem, Phoenix, and Salts are all gone as of now:
https://www.engadget.com/2017/06/07/kodi...k-lawsuit/

I cant wait to watch the ensuing shitshow that will happen on a few Facebook for sale groups I belong to between the guys selling "fully loaded fire sticks" and the people that bought them.
(2017-06-07, 14:49)RavRob Wrote:
(2017-06-07, 10:05)UsefulG Wrote: I hope the mods are prepared for dozens of 1 time posters complaining that their piracy boxes/builds don't work with varying degrees of politeness and grammatical accuracy.

Also expecting this will be happening on this forum IMO.

I believe that was his point Wink
Of course, all this suit-filing stuff may just be due to Dish Network looking for a little pocket change in order to pay for their previous "extracurricular" activities...Wink

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/06/06...bocalling/
Disclaimer: There were no KODI developers either injured or killed during the posting of this message.
(2017-06-07, 13:18)DarkHelmet Wrote: I would not target the website but the people behind it in a lawsuit. No idea where they live though.
That's exactly what it does.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-06-06, 00:01)trogggy Wrote:
(2017-06-05, 23:50)Lunatixz Wrote: Eh, Any lawsuit brought on by a large company like Dish network is going to cost a pretty penny in legal fees...
Only if it's defended.
Anyone know what the law normally says in the US legal system / relevant jurisdiction if the defendant is a no-show and/or they can not identify the individual defendants?

Does the judge automatically side with the plaintiff if the defendant/accused goes in hidding or for whatever unjustified reason don't show up to trail when they get sued?

The people who runs TVAddons surley know what they do is illegal so I can't imagine that they would show up at a trail or that they would identify themselves on purpose.
There is no real defendant until the John Does are identified.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
So now with all these add-ons still installed but unmaintained, you know where all the users who 'bought a magic box that promised unlimited free TV' are going to go for help once things start to break down, right? Tongue
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
It begins for tvaddons0