Remove unathorized addon
Exclamation 
Hi, guys. Where we can report this https://kodi.tv/addon/subtitles/tusubtitulocom

This addon was created without our permission. It's using our site, name and logo without authorization.

We hope you guys handle this situation and remove from the repo.
Your site is open to the public so what's the issue with accessing it through Kodi? The add-on is just a path to your website to fetch subtitles right?
(2017-06-08, 20:03)JxPx Wrote: Your site is open to the public so what's the issue with accessing it through Kodi? The add-on is just a path to your website to fetch subtitles right?

What's the issue? The issue is that was created without authorization. Thats the issue. The past creator leaved the addon because he doesn't asked for permission to make a code to download from our servers, logo and name. We won't discuss in base an opinion, we as the admin of the site are asking to remove something that was created and published without any request to ours. Whats the steps to fill a complain?
Can I ask a question, if they had asked would you have given permission?
(2017-06-08, 20:10)tusubtitulo Wrote:
(2017-06-08, 20:03)JxPx Wrote: Your site is open to the public so what's the issue with accessing it through Kodi? The add-on is just a path to your website to fetch subtitles right?

What's the issue? The issue is that was created without authorization. Thats the issue. The past creator leaved the addon because he doesn't asked for permission to make a code to download from our servers, logo and name. We won't discuss in base an opinion, we as the admin of the site are asking to remove something that was created and published without any request to ours. Whats the steps to fill a complain?

I guess I am just confused on the issue and please don't get upset with me, I am not an add-on writer/creator, I am just trying to understand your complaint.

Anyone can go on your website and download subtitles. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the add-on just a path for the client to navigate to your website and download a subtitle for a film? I guess I just don't understand why anyone would need authorization to download something that the website is already making freely and publicly available. So my next question would then be, If the add-on was branded differently with some random picture for the icon and a different name like "Subtitle Finder" and it scraped multiple sites like yours for subtitles that are free to anyone who visits the site, would you still have a complaint?
Whether anyone sees an issue or not, the website owner has asked for it to be removed.
That ^^
We're looking into it.
f**k..... started editing without sudo | M.K.

Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2017-06-08, 21:05)promark Wrote: Can I ask a question, if they had asked would you have given permission?

In our site there's an email address and in the sign up proccess so the users can write us for any subject. That's the correct process to do this.

(2017-06-08, 21:09)JxPx Wrote:
(2017-06-08, 20:10)tusubtitulo Wrote:

I guess I am just confused on the issue and please don't get upset with me, I am not an add-on writer/creator, I am just trying to understand your complaint.

Anyone can go on your website and download subtitles. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the add-on just a path for the client to navigate to your website and download a subtitle for a film? I guess I just don't understand why anyone would need authorization to download something that the website is already making freely and publicly available. So my next question would then be, If the add-on was branded differently with some random picture for the icon and a different name like "Subtitle Finder" and it scraped multiple sites like yours for subtitles that are free to anyone who visits the site, would you still have a complaint?

Like Fail$tyle420 said, this is not about if someone think is an issue or not; thing is that I as the admin of the site. I'm asking to Kodi remove this addon. It's simple. I haven't given authorization for this.

So, if there's a Kodi staff or moderator reading this, I will apprecitate to receive the proccess to removal.
the addon has been removed from our repo, as requested.
apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

https://github.com/xbmc/repo-scripts/com...5c5b07b973
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Just out of interest, if I were to claim to be the admin of site xy, would you do as I ask without proof of credentials?
Who says we don't have them?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
So how about setting up some sort of complaint system or addons so they dont have to go thru the first 5 spammy users to get to the actual conversation ?
(2017-06-08, 23:00)ronie Wrote: the addon has been removed from our repo, as requested.
apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

https://github.com/xbmc/repo-scripts/com...5c5b07b973

Thanks for your response. But why still here https://kodi.tv/addon/subtitles/tusubtitulocom ?

(2017-06-08, 23:05)HeresJohnny Wrote: Just out of interest, if I were to claim to be the admin of site xy, would you do as I ask without proof of credentials?

They can see the email address on the profile.
I see no reason. There's already a way to contact is he used however was so impatient that he already started spamming the forum as well. Not our problem he has to deal with forum users then.
Case closed. Thread locked

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remove unathorized addon0