• 133(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)
Ref ongoing add-on settings changes, is there any information centrally available in forum for example that clarifies/summarises what will need to change within add-on in order to be future proof?
(Did quick search and nothing obvious pops up)

Been using TVGuide Full screen and believe #0604 onwards creates issues https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2599754
RPi4, (LibreELEC 11.0) hdmi0 -> Philips 55PUS7304 4K TV, hdmi1 -> Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Receiver
(2017-06-08, 03:16)Milhouse Wrote:
(2017-06-08, 02:43)kkoa Wrote: Wouldn't it still be possbile to make a form targetting a frame to hijack Kodi with a post request then?

Not entirely sure.

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work.

Code:
<form action="http://libreelec:8080/jsonrpc?[RPC-REQUEST]" method="post"></form>

Then submit it via js and you'd have the same insecurity as before.
(2017-06-08, 15:24)kkoa Wrote: I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work.

Code:
<form action="http://libreelec:8080/jsonrpc?[RPC-REQUEST]" method="post"></form>

Then submit it via js and you'd have the same insecurity as before.

Try it, but you'll need the js to be hosted on a different domain. Raise the issue on the PR?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Lightbulb 
(2017-06-07, 21:48)Milhouse Wrote:
(2017-06-07, 21:41)doldi Wrote: What can i do to help / indentify this Addon incompatibility?

i think, my pi's have all the same Addons (one backup folder btw)

The usual process is to start with a "clean" .kodi folder and install add-ons one at a time until you install the add-on that triggers the problem.

visualization.shadertoy is one such addon - it will crash Kodi once music starts to play. There are likely to be several add-ons that trigger this kind of crash issue with the updated settings system.

Hi Milhouse - have deleted some unused Addons - don't need them - useless for me in germany,
and now the rpi3 works also with #607.

THX
Thanks @doldi - it's just going to take a while for all the kinks to be ironed out of the current changes, hope you can bear with it. Maybe worth trying again once more settings changes land that fix the current issues.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hi there,
Is this a known bug? When I today tried to create/save a playlist and then try to open it via music -> playlists, there are no playlists listed but a popup telling me "no connection to network server"
(recognized and tried several times on latest build, but I cannot tell when this issue started because I didn't create playlists for quite a long time)

Btw Thx for implementing the recent hevc optimizations. I now am able to watch 1080p hevc content with long duration (full length movies) without running into overheating problems Smile
(2017-06-08, 22:19)MMXT Wrote: Hi there,
Is this a known bug? When I today tried to create/save a playlist and then try to open it via music -> playlists, there are no playlists listed but a popup telling me "no connection to network server"
(recognized and tried several times on latest build, but I cannot tell when this issue started because I didn't create playlists for quite a long time)

Can you identify the build when this issue started?

I'm not that familiar with playlists but I've just queued up two tracks (from my nfs:// music library), clicked on "Go to Playlist" from the "blade" menu and then clicked on "Save" - after giving it the (unimaginative) name of "aaaa" it has created a playlist file called "aaaa.m3u".

I can see this file listed in Music > Playlists:

Opening this file loads the playlist without a problem.

If you're using a different method can you document each step? Also, a debug log might be useful.
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #0608: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.11.4 #1 Thu Jun 8 21:04:05 BST 2017 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Jun  8 2017 13:35:04
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 0784a9f7dfa6a45aa2524eeab1980da00cd93019 (tainted) (release)

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20170608210300-#0608-g20ac6b5 [Build #0608]

# Kodi version
(18.0-ALPHA1 Git:423072a). Platform: Linux ARM 32-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (20ac6b53, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (4cb835f1, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. New firmware
  2. More addon changes
  3. newclock5: Revert "VideoPlayer: Fix uninitialized variables"
Build Details:
  1. Firmware (Jun 8):
    • firmware: dtoverlay: Short-circuit empty parameter handling. See: link
    • firmware: rtos: Protect against null timer callback. See: link
    • firmware: arm_dt: Add txp node to device tree parsing to mask off transposer interrupt
    • firmware: venc: Correct the validation on custom mb/mbps/br settings. See: link
  2. LibreELEC.tv:
    • linux: update to linux-4.11.4 (PR:1674, 10 commits, 5 files changed)
    • lan951x-led-ctl: initial package and add to rpi-tools (20ac6b53)
  3. XBMC:
    • [utils] Variant: return matching iterators for (begin|end)_(array|map) (PR:12264, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • Correct spelling of "its" (PR:12266, 1 commit, 7 files changed)
    • [addons] add gui control classes to new addon interface (PR:12259, 1 commit, 39 files changed)
    • [addons] add next step on CAddonInfo to become independent (PR:12260, 1 commit, 14 files changed)
    • [lang] Add ISO 639-2/T codes. (PR:12258, 5 commits, 12 files changed)
  4. pvr.hts:
    • Add support for 'default' recording priority setting value. Fixes #311, closes #312 (PR:313, 1 commit, 6 files changed)
  5. newclock5:
    • New commits in this build:
      • Revert "VideoPlayer: Fix uninitialized variables" (59300c85)
      • MMAL: Move to MMAL namespace (56595eb4)
      • Revert "FFmpeg: Bump to 3.3.1-Leia-Alpha" (6e8f4bbb)
      • ffmpeg: hevc: Update to latest version (042d7485)
I've been having a problem with the recent builds, wondering if anyone can help me pinpoint it?

I can't update to 606 or higher as it causes the kodi to crash immediately upon displaying Estuary, I can update up to 531 without issue, but then (I haven't tried every daily) but after updating to 606+ it enters a reboot loop and I have to go back to 521 before it stops (which I can then update back to 531 without issue)

I have a Pi3 and have been using the PI2 builds if that makes a difference, I did notice it's the builds that have an updated bootloader to them though it's crashing after boot and into the OS so I don't know how that is connected

Suggestions?
(2017-06-09, 03:09)Corellon Wrote: Suggestions?

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2599470
Thanks, I may have to do a fresh install then as I've tried it with a clean addon directory and still getting the reboot loop, crashlog is pointing to CSettingsManager as being the initiator of an Illegal Instruction

[New LWP 905]
[Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
Using host libthread_db library "/usr/lib/libthread_db.so.1".
Core was generated by `/usr/lib/kodi/kodi.bin --standalone -fs --lircdev /run/lirc/lircd'.
Program terminated with signal SIGILL, Illegal instruction.
#0 0x00e0e8e8 in vtable for CSettingsManager ()
[Current thread is 1 (Thread 0x6b1ff3a0 (LWP 907))]
#0607 testbuild works better on live video with buffering(twitch) and #0608 testbuild break again.
Is there special changes?
(2017-06-09, 05:21)Corellon Wrote: Thanks, I may have to do a fresh install then as I've tried it with a clean addon directory and still getting the reboot loop, crashlog is pointing to CSettingsManager as being the initiator of an Illegal Instruction

[New LWP 905]
[Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
Using host libthread_db library "/usr/lib/libthread_db.so.1".
Core was generated by `/usr/lib/kodi/kodi.bin --standalone -fs --lircdev /run/lirc/lircd'.
Program terminated with signal SIGILL, Illegal instruction.
#0 0x00e0e8e8 in vtable for CSettingsManager ()
[Current thread is 1 (Thread 0x6b1ff3a0 (LWP 907))]

Not sure why you'd get this problem with a "clean" addon directory - maybe you still had some old addon settings in .kodi/userdata/addon_data?

Apart from removing all trace of the conflicting add-on(s), sticking with #0603 for now is the only other option until the remaining issues with the settings library are fixed.
(2017-06-08, 23:29)Milhouse Wrote: [*]ffmpeg: hevc: Update to latest version (042d7485)

This wasn't explicitly mentioned but the update to hevc improves cache usage in motcomp which saves ~140MB/sec of sdram bandwidth and improves jellyfish fps by about 3%.

The focus next is supporting 10-bit hevc. This is a big job and will take a while.
The increased sdram bandwidth required will probably limit performance to 1280x720@30 when using 10-bit HEVC, but we'll push it as far as we can.
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #0609: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.11.4 #1 Fri Jun 9 21:04:10 BST 2017 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Jun  8 2017 13:35:04
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 0784a9f7dfa6a45aa2524eeab1980da00cd93019 (tainted) (release)

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20170609210310-#0609-g20ac6b5 [Build #0609]

# Kodi version
(18.0-ALPHA1 Git:423072a). Platform: Linux ARM 32-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (20ac6b53, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (23cbd2cc, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. PR:12276: [addons/settings] Fix fallout #2
    Quote:Anyone experiencing crashes with #0604 and later builds, should try this build in case it fixes their issue (post a crashlog if crashes continue)
  2. VideoPlayerRadioRDS: Revert ResetRDSCache on init
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • Fix hidden overloaded virtual functions and override warnings (PR:12238, 13 commits, 38 files changed)
  2. newclock5:
    • New commits in this build:
      • VideoPlayerRadioRDS: Revert ResetRDSCache on init (3d91db32)
    • Commits no longer in build:
      • Revert "VideoPlayer: Fix uninitialized variables" (59300c85)
  3. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [pkg] PR:12276: [addons/settings] Fix fallout #2
  • 133(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)24