[split] Music Lib Dev Roadmap - Discussion (tidy up dump)
EDIT: Split from Music Library Development Roadmap - One Man's Plan in a much over due tidy up.

I appreciate the appreciation of my work, and all the feedback, but still hope to keep that main thread clutter free (as I said I would in the first place). I have split some of my own posts too, so please no one be offended
---- Dave Blake

(2017-05-19, 10:33)DaveBlake Wrote:
(2017-05-15, 10:38)tkgafs Wrote: Dave, is the discussion here http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=305853 covering a way to get a playlist to display the artwork for a currently playing track via a switch or the like, likely to get included in your deliberations?
I'm still hoping someone else will pick this up, so it is lurking between "todo" and "this I don't have resources for". I won't tidy-up these posts until I decide which, but it will get on the list one way or other.  

Dave thank you your efforts are appreciated
Hope album scraping will have some improvment in the process!

Right now it's a mess...

-half of my album miss some info (sometime tracklist, sometime album description and sometime both) even if the info are on theaudiodb

-have to spam the refresh button on info panel for each album

Do not know if the issue is:
-answer to request from theaudiodb
-how the scraper read theanswer from theaudiodb
-kodi who do crap when whriting info in his db
Moanbag is in da place!
(2017-06-09, 23:23)Gracus Wrote: Hope album scraping will have some improvment in the process!

Right now it's a mess...
Yeap, I agree. I am working on it currently. Initially on the C++ side, but I have become a little side tracked trying to mess with the new Python based scraper that @ronie was working on too. There are issues with the old xml based Universal scraper, but the regexp parsing of xml that it is based on is too hard to get my head around and fix.

None of it made easier by the Musicbrainz server traffic limits causing 5 out of 6 requests to silently fail. Sad

If anyone with Python skills would like to help out then let me know.
Work Completed no. 5

I can't get it work. I followed the link, changed the advancedsettings.xml - no result.
(2017-06-10, 11:59)accagì Wrote: Work Completed no. 5 - Artist Sort Names

I can't get it work. I followed the link, changed the advancedsettings.xml - no result.
You need to have music files with ARTISTSORT etc. tags, and to re-scan these files into the library so that Kodi can pick up the values. Did you do that?
(2017-06-10, 14:55)DaveBlake Wrote:
(2017-06-10, 11:59)accagì Wrote: Work Completed no. 5 - Artist Sort Names

You need to have music files with ARTISTSORT etc. tags, and to re-scan these files into the library so that Kodi can pick up the values. Did you do that?

Yes, I did.
Then debug log please @accagì
(2017-06-11, 12:59)DaveBlake Wrote: Then debug log please @accagì

Seems I did not understand what to put in the advancedsettings. I copied and pasted <useartistsortname>true</promptfulltagscan> from github. Now I opened the kodi.log and it says:

Error loading special://profile/advancedsettings.xml, Line 2
Error reading end tag.

In fact I asked myself why the end tag is different from the starter tag. Can you please tell me somewhat more exactly what to put where? This is the "empty" advancedsettings.xml:

<advancedsettings>
<setting>
<sorttokens>

<token></token>
</sorttokens>

</setting>
<setting>value</setting>

</advancedsettings>

Thank you very much
I believe you need

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<musiclibrary>
<promptfulltagscan>true</promptfulltagscan>
<useartistsortname>true</useartistsortname>
</musiclibrary>
</advancedsettings>
Ah typo on Github, thanks for testing that Smile

@jjd-uk is correct.
(2017-06-11, 18:58)jjd-uk Wrote: I believe you need

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<musiclibrary>
<promptfulltagscan>true</promptfulltagscan>
<useartistsortname>true</useartistsortname>
</musiclibrary>
</advancedsettings>

Yes! Now I am on the right way. There is some success: "Jean Sibelius" is no longer listed under "J" but under "S" - not how expected as "Sibelius, Jean" but still as "Jean Sibelius".
Thank you!
(2017-06-11, 19:51)DaveBlake Wrote: Ah typo on Github, thanks for testing that Smile

@jjd-uk is correct.

You're welcome! Glad to "contribute" in this way.Smile
(2017-06-11, 20:40)accagì Wrote: Yes! Now I am on the right way. There is some success: "Jean Sibelius" is no longer listed under "J" but under "S" - not how expected as "Sibelius, Jean" but still as "Jean Sibelius".
Thank you!
Thanks for try this out, sorry for the lack of accurate instructions. I hope to add a better UI for this option before v18 is finally released.

How best artist names are shown when using sort name is an interesting question. I opted for still showing name e.g. "Jean Sibelius" rather than "Sibelius, Jean" as being used for sorting. The down side to this is that the SHFT+Letter key press still moves to the first letter of the name.

Would people prefer to see "Sibelius, Jean" ? Should that be an option too?
(2017-06-12, 09:15)DaveBlake Wrote:
(2017-06-11, 20:40)accagì Wrote: Yes! Now I am on the right way. There is some success: "Jean Sibelius" is no longer listed under "J" but under "S" - not how expected as "Sibelius, Jean" but still as "Jean Sibelius".
Thank you!
Thanks for try this out, sorry for the lack of accurate instructions. I hope to add a better UI for this option before v18 is finally released.

How best artist names are shown when using sort name is an interesting question. I opted for still showing name e.g. "Jean Sibelius" rather than "Sibelius, Jean" as being used for sorting. The down side to this is that the SHFT+Letter key press still moves to the first letter of the name.

I talked about that with my wife. We both think that the better solution is "Sibelius, Jean" - not really nice but useful, because the music folder is growing and the list of composers becoming longer and longer. So with the last name at the beginning of the line it will be easier and faster to read.
(2017-06-12, 09:15)DaveBlake Wrote: Thanks for try this out, sorry for the lack of accurate instructions. I hope to add a better UI for this option before v18 is finally released.

With the introduction of Artists in addition to Artist I thought if you had both the db entry was taken from Artists and then Artist is used for display. So you could have:

Artist: Sibelius, Jean
Artists: Jean Sibelius

Really must find the time to play with some of newer things.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[split] Music Lib Dev Roadmap - Discussion (tidy up dump)0