• 4(current)
It begins for tvaddons
so tvaddons is history explains why indiago is no longer available
Yes.

A lot of these repositories have shut down or are shutting down so we are getting a lot of posts like your last one. It becomes very frustrating because we have nothing to do with it, yet people come here ranting about how bad Kodi is, and when are we going to fix it.

The answer is we will NEVER fix it, because it has nothing to do with us.

It is an image that the entire team is trying to clean up, after all these pirate add-ons have tarnished our reputation. Smile

---Edit---
And 10 points for taking the time to investigate further and realise what has happened Smile
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-06-13, 00:43)Karellen Wrote: Yes.

A lot of these repositories have shut down or are shutting down so we are getting a lot of posts like your last one. It becomes very frustrating because we have nothing to do with it, yet people come here ranting about how bad Kodi is, and when are we going to fix it.

The answer is we will NEVER fix it, because it has nothing to do with us.

It is an image that the entire team is trying to clean up, after all these pirate add-ons have tarnished our reputation. Smile

---Edit---
And 10 points for taking the time to investigate further and realise what has happened Smile

thanks for clearing that up wasnt aware i guess kodi is obsolete without addons .have a good day.
No it i still good for its intended purpose.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
...and there are still tons of legitimate add-ons available.
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 20.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
(2017-06-13, 00:46)weezer44 Wrote: thanks for clearing that up wasnt aware i guess kodi is obsolete without addons .have a good day.

Completely obsolete! *throws the 33.5TB server into the dumpster*

(2017-06-13, 01:07)MetalChris Wrote: ...and there are still tons of legitimate add-ons available.

Sony E3 conference on Twitch at 1080p in one hour, all legal!. Smile Ironically, even the app store for my 4K HDR Tizen powered smart TV doesn't even have a twitch app. :/
have you asked Twitch how they feel about millions of kodi users watching their streams without any ad revenue? "legitimate" my ass
(2017-06-13, 07:15)V8MEM Wrote: have you asked Twitch how they feel about millions of kodi users watching their streams without any ad revenue? "legitimate" my ass
https://dev.twitch.tv
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2017-06-13, 07:15)V8MEM Wrote: have you asked Twitch how they feel about millions of kodi users watching their streams without any ad revenue? "legitimate" my ass
So what part of Twitch's T&C is being broken?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

It's so funny how these people have an opinion on things they have no idea what they are talking about. *Waits for someone to bring up internetarchive*
Since the question was asked:

https://www.twitch.tv/p/developer-agreement

Schedule 1 part A:
Quote:- Adopt and integrate our embeddable player for all video content. We designed our player for the precise purpose of ensuring others discover and consume the broadcaster content found on Twitch.
- If you have an idea that involves distribution of video content outside the Twitch player, or commercial uses not expressly permitted by Twitch, send us a request and we will consider it (integrationsuccess@twitch.tv). Unless we permit it, don’t do it.
- Don’t modify, replace, interfere with or block (a) functionality of the embeddable player, including advertisements placed by Twitch; and (b) the Twitch Marks.

Maybe there's a public authorization for Kodi somewhere Wink Maybe not Wink

https://www.youtube.com/static?template=terms
§5.1 C

All apps on Play Store have stopped downloading from YT or playing from it with alternative players because of bans.
Most have added in their description things like, to be reinstated.
Please Note: XXXXX app can't cache, download or playback video in background from Youtube, due to terms of service.

Maybe there's a public authorization for Kodi somewhere Wink Maybe not Wink

The grey area is bigger and more complex than it seems, all is maybe not that black and white, for YT, the TOS target the user directly, so the addon is OK, just users should not use it.
For twitch, no idea if the addon use the API with a proper key and then is not that correct, or scrape pages and then again addon is OK, only users should not use it.

Please note that I do not condone piracy at all, just pointing some limits in current argumentation about one side being perfect.
For YouTube the official API is used.

When accepting add-ons I believe the view is taken as long as the content comes from content owners website (or an authorised distributors website) and there's no bypassing of geo-blocks, DRM or any other bypassing of content control mechanisms then it's fair game for use. We do however respect takedown requests by removing add-ons from the official repo if any content owner has an objection to an add-on for their site.
The official API does not allow nor give access to the actual video feeds outside of official Youtube players.

The plugin in Kodi repo if it's the last: https://github.com/xbmc/repo-plugins/blo...fo.py#L519 does use an unofficial page parsing outside of the normal API.

Other plugins https://github.com/Kolifanes/plugin.vide...fo.py#L341 does parse another page but same concept.

This is against Youtube TOS.

Not sure fair use does apply when there's explicit TOS. Specially when the plugin can be logged with the user account, and as such puts the user account at risk without the user begin fully aware of that situation. (Even if I doubt Google does ever apply any ban for viewing, and focus only on upload abuses)
The fact that there's an API is very different from we can do what we want with the video feeds and display it outside of providers controls.
Same as the fact that something is visible on an Internet page, means I can provide extract of the information outside of this whole website.

But again just pointing some inconsistency. I do understand that those plugins are grey area and why they can be accepted. Just the dialog about all good, all bad that is not that simple.
And of course you remove plugins when asked to, just be careful about the communication, because things are far from that simple.
Uh oh.....

https://torrentfreak.com/kodi-turmoil-co...rs-170613/
RoflRoflRofl

Good riddance. The sooner these sites disappear, the rest of us can enjoy Kodi without the constant stream of turmoil
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
It begins for tvaddons0