• 54(current)
Release OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support
@BOR15 Pretty sure it's just your box....there's not much I can do about it anyway. I'd try a blank install, then ozweather, then see if anything breaks it as you go adding more....one by one.
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Hi guys, sorry if this has been answered before, but going loco trying to read through 54 pages of Q&A. I'm very new to Kodi, one week, and still feeling my way, I've installed Oz weather after using default Yahoo for last week. Works fine but I can find no way to change from F% to C%. This is on both oz and Yahoo so am guessing it's a system thing. Can anyone help?
You can set the temp units in

Settings -> Interface -> Regional
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry but I don't see any Interface -> Regional setting
That's where it is in Confluence (17) - You might need to change your settings level you be higher than standard to see the setting. Poke around, you'll find it. It's definitely in settings somewhere to change it. I don't use Estuary.
(2017-03-19, 00:24)bossanova808 Wrote: That's where it is in Confluence (17) - You might need to change your settings level you be higher than standard to see the setting. Poke around, you'll find it. It's definitely in settings somewhere to change it. I don't use Estuary.

It's in the same place in Estuary; Settings -> Interface -> Regional -> Temperature Unit

You must also toggle the Settings UI (bottom left corner) to Advanced or Expert for the Temperature Unit setting to be exposed
Kodi 17.6 on multiple Windows 10 x64 machines with shared MySQL 5.6.43 database. Kodi 18 on Xbox One. Content (music, video, photos) stored on Windows Server 2012 R2 file server and accessed by SMB.
I've bitten the bullet and upgraded from Kodi 16 to 17.1 and the Estuary skin.. I miss my extended weather map with radar Sad
Kodi 17.6 on multiple Windows 10 x64 machines with shared MySQL 5.6.43 database. Kodi 18 on Xbox One. Content (music, video, photos) stored on Windows Server 2012 R2 file server and accessed by SMB.
Two weeks on...and I *REALLY* miss the Extended Weather Map with Radar.

I have no idea how any of this code works but will have to have a crack because the default Weather data in Kodi 17 is totally mickey mouse.
@AnthonyB - install Confluence again. There's a version in my repo for Krypton with the weather changes done.

Estuary is rubbish (by which I mean 'not to my liking or anyone I know who has used it so far')....I'm happy to add any code needed to support it for others, but I'm in no hurry to do any work on it.
Hello Bossanova808,
Rather than the radar I'd like to display my local weather station stats. I understand that this may not be something that you have the time or inclination to do yourself. Could you, perhaps, just advise if it's theoretically possible to do? Then, if it's within the scope of someone who's willing to learn, I could take it on as a project myself.
Thank you
@cliveo

Yes should definitely be possible. There's nothing more to it than retrieving the data in a python program and calling some cbms functions to set window the standard window labels. Then your data gets displayed.

If you want to go beyond the standard weather labels, you just set custom ones, and write matching xml skin files to display your data....Kodi can handle most things fairly easily/well.

I'd download ozweather and have a look at how ti works, it's quite modular these days, so should give you a good idea of what is involved. And pick apart a weather.xml file from Confluence or Estuary to see how those tick.
(2017-06-13, 03:08)bossanova808 Wrote: @cliveo

Yes should definitely be possible. There's nothing more to it than retrieving the data in a python program and calling some cbms functions to set window the standard window labels. Then your data gets displayed.

If you want to go beyond the standard weather labels, you just set custom ones, and write matching xml skin files to display your data....Kodi can handle most things fairly easily/well.

I'd download ozweather and have a look at how ti works, it's quite modular these days, so should give you a good idea of what is involved. And pick apart a weather.xml file from Confluence or Estuary to see how those tick.

Thanks for the tips. I've started doing research into how Python works. Once I get a handle on that I can use this idea as an advanced project. I'm with you on the skin preference - still using Confluence with Krypton
Hello bossanova808,
Just started with Kodi yesterday, so I have Krypton 17.3 and made sure I loaded your release of Confluence, as suggested in previous posts. I've set the correct IDR number for my area in "Use Extended Features", and still no radar. Will I have to load Python (which I know nothing about) and try to change settings in that to get the radar, or is there something I may have done wrong?
@Wolf35

No you shouldn't need to load or do anything special - post a full debug log to pastebin and I will have a look
Thanks for the response bossanova808,
Hope I've done this right.
http://paste.ubuntu.com/24976835/
  • 54(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support5