Dvblink PVR Windows no dolby digital
I can only get stereo through the windows PVR. I know the server is working properly as I can get Dolby digital on a firetv with pass through.

Pass through is working properly for all other items. Has anyone else experienced something similar?
If you are using Krypton then passthrough is disabled for all live TV.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Really? Is this a bug? I know this was working with Jarvis, but didn't know if it was specific to dvblink or Krypton.
No it is a deliberate decision by the devs. There are plenty of threads on it, I'll let you find and read them.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I had also understood from various discussions, that bitstreaming for Live-TV in Krypton is disabled, the arguments were understandable. I was very surprised couple of days ago that when I was watching TV in Kodi, the Dolby Digital-logo was shining on my AV-receiver. As I´m using Kodi 17 RC3, this should not be possible, so I started to investigate more. Seems that certain settings and channel switching method triggers this phenomenom. In Audio-settings the Output Configuration -> Optimized and of course the Bitstreaming need to be enabled. The final trigger here is that the channel need to be changed using the channel number only, if the channel is changed from the EPG or from the Channel List, audio output will remain in stereo-mode.

So if this a bug, please don´t fix it Smile
This is really disappointing. Why not let users select the option they would prefer (ie 2.0 or passthrough) under the TV settings. This is a step backwards, as there is a lot of live tv broadcast with 5.1 audio these days.
It seems that this strange issue of working Dolby Digital in Live-TV in my case is related to time shifting, which is (of course) activated on Dvblink-addon. Probably Kodi does not see this time shifted Live-TV as a real-time material and therefore the passthrough is possible. Just a theory, of course.

Another possible option to get 5.1-sound for Live-TV in Krypton is to trigger the AC3-transcoding ON in Kodi passthrough-settings.
Any update to this? So Kodi is useless for me. Most content is in Dolby. Or could I set the mode on the soundcard in Windows to Dolby Atmos and Kodi could use the channels? If I try this with the creators update and the newest Intel drivers, for me it only sounds like stereo...
Why not send LPCM, it will send all 6 channels over HDMI.
(2017-06-12, 22:40)nickr Wrote: Why not send LPCM, it will send all 6 channels over HDMI.

Hi
it's simple. I have an High End Denon Receiver and it makes amazing sound out of Dolby or DTS best to the calibrated room, but when its LPCM its only some Data for each Channel and it would only play it and could not make its magic with it. And it don't think that Kodi will so much Hi-Fi Processing to play the Sound at its best for the Room (suppress Echos, etc.)

Or is this wrong and Kodi could make this great? If so, what must I exactly do?
With Kodi 16 Dolby is great using Bitstreaming.

Thank you for your support
Your AVR's room features should work with PCM as well as DTS/AC3

Listen and see, I am intrigued to know.
(2017-06-13, 10:33)nickr Wrote: Your AVR's room features should work with PCM as well as DTS/AC3

Listen and see, I am intrigued to know.

Hi nickr,
yes it works but it sounds very different when I use Kodi 16 Bitstream Dolby and Kodi 17 PCM with 7.1 selected. The Surround Data is coming from the speakers, but I have an Denon AVR X7200WA configured as Dolby Atmos setup 5.1.4 and when using Dolby the Sounds are placed more detailed and also the Bass is more present.
Are there no support for the bitstream Audio for Live-TV?
No there isn't, unless you count converting it to ac3.
(2017-06-20, 22:30)nickr Wrote: No there isn't, unless you count converting it to ac3.

where could I do this?
Shouldn't it easier to bitstream the data to the audio port instead to convert it self to PCM?
Since i change audio passthrough through wasapi my 7200wa plays all bitstream audio incl. Atmos.
HTPC: Windows 10 Pro 22H2, Zalman HD135, Intel i3-7100, GTX 1070, UHD ASUS BW-16D1HT
NAS: Xpenology 7.2 Update 1, Intel i5-6600

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dvblink PVR Windows no dolby digital0