• 321(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
Just wanted to pop by to say finally got Kodi and HDR metadata and the HDR trigger to work!!! Phew. Turns out that if you use the latest Kodi Dsplayer 32bit version and nvidia driver 378.92 and select passthrough using the nvidi api, it works perfect. Was previously using the latest 64 bit version of kodi dsplayer, which the above doesnt work with

K
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
It's "worth" it, if you have a 4K display big enough to actually see a perceptual difference between 1080p and 4K (or, sit close enough to the display).

For a 55" 4K TV, you would have to sit 3ft or closer to the TV. With a 75" 4K TV, you would have to sit 5ft or closer to the TV (and, that's if you already have perfect 20/20 vision). A lot of people don't seem to know this before they invest in a 4K display/TV.

Otherwise, you would be better off not upscaling at all ...it would be a waste of GPU/CPU power; at the risk of skipped frames/lag.

There are a lot of display optical distance calculators. Below, is a pretty decent one:
Display optical distance calculator

(2017-06-13, 10:19)gotham_x Wrote: Someone of you has some Feedback for GTX 1080 Nvidia and Madvr and NGU for 4K HDR ? How it behaves with an algorithm so aggressive ? I ask this because I'm evaluating the purchase of a ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 AMP Extreme.NOT use for Video game!!! utilization Kodi DSPlayer and external player POTPlayer.
It's worth ? Or need push over : GTX 1080 Ti for example
(2017-06-13, 10:19)gotham_x Wrote: Someone of you has some Feedback for GTX 1080 Nvidia and Madvr and NGU for 4K HDR ? How it behaves with an algorithm so aggressive ? I ask this because I'm evaluating the purchase of a ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 AMP Extreme.NOT use for Video game!!! utilization Kodi DSPlayer and external player POTPlayer.
It's worth ? Or need push over : GTX 1080 Ti for example

A GTX 1060 would be good enough. So you should have no problems with a GTX 1080.

And you would want to scale from 1080p to 2160p or else the display will scale. You don't want the display to scale.
Thanks to both for the tip.In any case the TV/4K would be 65 inch and point of view to two meters/forty.
If anybody owner GTX 1080 custom of a "ensure" that push content to 1080p and 4K through NGU for madVR there is not drop frame 1080p to 2160p and 3860p*2160p . Here and Doom9' not I find confirmation if enough a GTX 1080 Custom or GTX 1080 Ti Custon for exploit at most madVR.I correct , on Doom9' I read that a user madVR he had to sell his GTX 1080 Custom for to GTX 1080 Ti Custon , drop frame with NGU, I can not find more the post otherwise I would have connected it.
(2017-06-13, 21:00)gotham_x Wrote: Thanks to both for the tip.In any case the TV/4K would be 65 inch and point of view to two meters/forty.
If anybody owner GTX 1080 custom of a "ensure" that push content to 1080p and 4K through NGU for madVR there is not drop frame 1080p to 2160p and 3860p*2160p . Here and Doom9' not I find confirmation if enough a GTX 1080 Custom or GTX 1080 Ti Custon for exploit at most madVR.I correct , on Doom9' I read that a user madVR he had to sell his GTX 1080 Custom for to GTX 1080 Ti Custon , drop frame with NGU, I can not find more the post otherwise I would have connected it.

NGU very high is barely better than NGU high, so I wouldn't worry.
(2017-06-09, 21:34)Warner306 Wrote: Are you sure you are using the 32-bit version of DSPlayer?
Ah that was it, I installed the 64-bit version instead of the 32-bit. Thanks, switching to the 32-bit version fixed it.
(2017-06-13, 14:55)oldpainless Wrote: Just wanted to pop by to say finally got Kodi and HDR metadata and the HDR trigger to work!!! Phew. Turns out that if you use the latest Kodi Dsplayer 32bit version and nvidia driver 378.92 and select passthrough using the nvidi api, it works perfect. Was previously using the latest 64 bit version of kodi dsplayer, which the above doesnt work with

K

ok, now works
Kodi DSPlayer latest version 32bit, madvr latest version and nVidia driver 378.92 and windows 10 CU.

p.s.
With the latest driver of nvidia, HDR don't works
i seem to have a problem with resuming files.

before 17.3 it happened but was rare, now it happens 9/10 times i go to resume.

here's a log from when i started a video file and it reset the start time
https://pastebin.com/raw/2NUXswWa

can anyone help?
(2017-06-14, 17:02)cyber201 Wrote:
(2017-06-13, 14:55)oldpainless Wrote: Just wanted to pop by to say finally got Kodi and HDR metadata and the HDR trigger to work!!! Phew. Turns out that if you use the latest Kodi Dsplayer 32bit version and nvidia driver 378.92 and select passthrough using the nvidi api, it works perfect. Was previously using the latest 64 bit version of kodi dsplayer, which the above doesnt work with

K

ok, now works
Kodi DSPlayer latest version 32bit, madvr latest version and nVidia driver 378.92 and windows 10 CU.

p.s.
With the latest driver of nvidia, HDR don't works

also works with ATI drivers but not much use right now as very little HDR material out there.
(2017-06-13, 12:02)stoolzo Wrote: I've been having problems with DS since the latest update, dropping frames, crashes, black screens, audio sync problems, 3D MVC failing to load are just a few. Thought i'd tried everything to resolve but I Hadnt.

I have quite a complex setup in DS so i've simply been installing latest versions over the top to avoid a lengthy reinstall, this had been working fine but it seems this latest version broke something as I tried a fresh portable install and everything is back to normal.

I always use portable as its easy just to create a copy of the whole folder as a backup, if things go wrong sometimes you can do a fresh install and then just copy the userdata over and you are ready to go, not with this latest release though for me, it required a completely fresh install, which to be honest doesnt hurt to do now and again.

Mine is now more stable that its ever been, everything plays well, 3D MVC loads with no issues, great release,

Thanks.

My intel NUC5i3 stutters every time I play a 3D MVC. Processor always stays at 95-100%.

When I press O, video output is MVC (hw), so I think LAV is using HW to play the movie instead of software.

Is the i3 not power enough to ply stutter-free? Or my config is wrong?

My config is: Win10 Creators Update with 17.3 kodi DSPlayer & latest MADVR & intel graphics driver
(2017-06-15, 21:57)franky52 Wrote:
(2017-06-13, 12:02)stoolzo Wrote: I've been having problems with DS since the latest update, dropping frames, crashes, black screens, audio sync problems, 3D MVC failing to load are just a few. Thought i'd tried everything to resolve but I Hadnt.

I have quite a complex setup in DS so i've simply been installing latest versions over the top to avoid a lengthy reinstall, this had been working fine but it seems this latest version broke something as I tried a fresh portable install and everything is back to normal.

I always use portable as its easy just to create a copy of the whole folder as a backup, if things go wrong sometimes you can do a fresh install and then just copy the userdata over and you are ready to go, not with this latest release though for me, it required a completely fresh install, which to be honest doesnt hurt to do now and again.

Mine is now more stable that its ever been, everything plays well, 3D MVC loads with no issues, great release,

Thanks.

My intel NUC5i3 stutters every time I play a 3D MVC. Processor always stays at 95-100%.

When I press O, video output is MVC (hw), so I think LAV is using HW to play the movie instead of software.

My config is: Win10 Creators Update with 17.3 kodi DSPlayer & latest MADVR & intel graphics driver
You need to be here for NUC mate, you'll need something more beefy to run this version I think.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=266316

My i5-2400 uses 40% CPU, there is no hardware decoding of MVC on this version, might work on the NUC version, as far as I know though the LAV filters for 3D MVC are software decode only.

(2017-06-16, 15:33)stoolzo Wrote:
(2017-06-15, 21:57)franky52 Wrote:

Thanks.

(2017-06-16, 15:35)stoolzo Wrote: You need to be here for NUC mate, you'll need something more beefy to run this version I think.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=266316

My i5-2400 uses 40% CPU, there is no hardware decoding of MVC on this version, might work on the NUC version, as far as I know though the LAV filters for 3D MVC are software decode only.

(2017-06-16, 15:33)stoolzo Wrote:
(2017-06-15, 21:57)franky52 Wrote: My intel NUC5i3 stutters every time I play a 3D MVC. Processor always stays at 95-100%.

Thanks. I tried that version you mention, but it's not updated anymore (at leat not to the latest 17.3) and I prefer this one because of the PQ. I just wanted best of both worlds, but it's impossible.
I haven't updated since Kodi 15.x and Mediaportal TV Server Kodi Plugin 1.12, just posting to see if the issues with TV when using DSPlayer with MadVR have been addressed yet? Things like playback stopping whilst watching programs that are currently recording because the stream length isn't being updated, for example?
I'm the only one with lagging subtitles (.ass muxed in mkv) problem (newest version, and all 3 earlier builds)?
I mean ass subtitles with heavy effects, like karaoke or more advanced typesetting (like moving etc).
My PC is quite powerful, I can run all modern games with ultra settings and 60fps.
I'm using Bluesky framerate converter, but nothing changes when I turn it off.
  • 321(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47