• 4(current)
v19 Pluto.TV
it works here in Italy. i opened a movie
http://puu.sh/wdqiX/1a5c7c57d6.jpg
but no contents for me inside "music+radio" start.
Peppe
Thanks for checking.

The Pluto TV On Demand video library works fine for me with Android TV and Fire TV App, but there seems to be a problem with the native Android app.

I already submitted a service ticket to my Smart DNS provider and will report back.
Wink 
Nice work Lunatixz! Awesome job! I was just thinking of making this myself...
... wow.. nice work man! Big Grin

I do not see this addon in my kodi repo or your own repo.. probably because I'm using 16.1 ?

.. Just FYI.. this also works just fine and dandy on kodi 16.1 too.. :-) ...Everything is playing that I clicked on...
.. Ya just need to mod the addon.xml file So kodi 16.1 users can install it too man. O_O
<import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.25.0"/> Not installable on kodi 16.1 Undecided failed. too new of python.
<import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.1.0"/> Installs and Working just fine here on my kodi 16.1.
See.. now it will support All kodi versions from 16.1 to 17.3. and maybe even earlier i dunno..

yeah I know.. update kodi.. but i hate windows updates.. it usually messes more stuff up than it fixes.
and kodi 17.3 needs windows updates to install it...and on any windows pc's that I tried so far.. so no thx.
- And the security flaw in kodi was from subtitles. and I never use subtitles. So I'm still good.
- But sure.. I would have updated my kodi.. but nope.. it needs windows updates. so no thx!
...but either way.. I know enough python to create what i want on my kodi 16.1 any time !
Otherwise.. I will just load up my pc's web browser onto my tv screen.. and thus kodi is not even needed.
Great to see Pluto TV back on Kodi. The old version (hosted on another site I won't mention) up and died a long time ago, and I thought that Pluto itself was toast, until it showed up one day on an Android firmware I was running at the time.

Seeing Pluto back on Kodi is definitely one more step in favor of me keeping Android off my hardware for good. And most of the news channels are actually showing up in better quality here than on the Android version, for that matter.
(2017-06-14, 07:09)100Max Wrote: Nice work Lunatixz! Awesome job! I was just thinking of making this myself...
... wow.. nice work man! Big Grin

I do not see this addon in my kodi repo or your own repo.. probably because I'm using 16.1 ?

.. Just FYI.. this also works just fine and dandy on kodi 16.1 too.. :-) ...Everything is playing that I clicked on...
.. Ya just need to mod the addon.xml file So kodi 16.1 users can install it too man. O_O
<import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.25.0"/> Not installable on kodi 16.1 Undecided failed. too new of python.
<import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.1.0"/> Installs and Working just fine here on my kodi 16.1.

That didn't work for me just now on Kodi 16.1 running LibreElec on a Pi3... damn. Wouldn't install, just throws the same error message about Python. Undecided
On SPMC 16.7 I had to change the xbmc.python value to 2.24.0.
(2017-06-15, 08:50)Eye in the sky Wrote: On SPMC 16.7 I had to change the xbmc.python value to 2.24.0.

Yeah, I tried that first with the same result... Undecided
(2017-06-15, 21:04)mrsfixit Wrote:
(2017-06-15, 08:50)Eye in the sky Wrote: On SPMC 16.7 I had to change the xbmc.python value to 2.24.0.

Yeah, I tried that first with the same result... Undecided

You might be having an issue with one of the other dependencies. In my case, along with modifying the python version, it was necessary to manually install the script.module.simplecache from .zip file to get the add-on to work on Jarvis.
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: NEWSnet| NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
Why is this an issue? Krypton is the latest build... Any hesitation to upgrade is perplexing.

PlutoTV was updated to v.1.0.4 and includes regional selection and improved filtering to avoid geolocked videos from displaying.

Sent from my SM-G935T
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
For me using Krypton does not provide a good video experience on Android, especially with interlaced content. I also often have addons freeze frame with the audio continuing to play in the background requiring me to stop the video and restart it to continue viewing. Posted here if you care Smile
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=304942
(2017-06-16, 00:42)Lunatixz Wrote: Why is this an issue? Krypton is the latest build... Any hesitation to upgrade is perplexing.

PlutoTV was updated to v.1.0.4 and includes regional selection and improved filtering to avoid geolocked videos from displaying.

Sent from my SM-G935T (typie typie)

Sorry for dragging the thread off course.

PlutoTV works great on whatever system I'm using it on, whether it is running Jarvis (my HTPC) or Krypton (my netbook), and I'm grateful that you've developed, and shared, several of the best add-ons available, and also for helping me get my repo sorted.

As far as hesitating to upgrade, I can only speak for myself. I'm just one of those lazy people that doesn't upgrade stuff until I absolutely, positively have to do so. I waited for Jarvis to be released before upgrading to Isengard, and waited for Krypton to be released before upgrading to Jarvis. By doing so, I avoid having to work through the bugs and issues that invariably occur with new releases. All the add-ons I use still work fine on Jarvis, and except for occasionally needing to modifying an addon.xml file, there's currently no advantage for me in moving to Krypton on my HTPC.

I will upgrade my HTPC to Krypton eventually, just probably not until there's an official release of Leia...

Hope this leaves you a bit less perplexed. Wink
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: NEWSnet| NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
(2017-06-16, 01:12)MetalChris Wrote: Hope this leaves you a bit less perplexed. Wink

I just found it odd, I've never seen this many users in one thread all caught up with running on older Kodi builds...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2017-06-16, 01:54)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2017-06-16, 01:12)MetalChris Wrote: Hope this leaves you a bit less perplexed. Wink

I just found it odd, I've never seen this many users in one thread all caught up with running on older Kodi builds...

Because for those of us using Raspberry Pi's we've always been the last to get any kind of upgrade. So a lot of us have had to make do with older versions of Kodi.

It's kind of force of habit, and the "if it ain't broke..." mindset... Jarvis runs so well, I don't know what I gain moving up to Krypton besides better compatibility with certain addons...
(2017-06-16, 01:12)MetalChris Wrote:
(2017-06-16, 00:42)Lunatixz Wrote: Why is this an issue? Krypton is the latest build... Any hesitation to upgrade is perplexing.

Sent from my SM-G935T (typie typie)

Sorry for dragging the thread off course.

PlutoTV works great on whatever system I'm using it on, whether it is running Jarvis (my HTPC) or Krypton (my netbook), and I'm grateful that you've developed, and shared, several of the best add-ons available, and also for helping me get my repo sorted.

As far as hesitating to upgrade, I can only speak for myself. I'm just one of those lazy people that doesn't upgrade stuff until I absolutely, positively have to do so. I waited for Jarvis to be released before upgrading to Isengard, and waited for Krypton to be released before upgrading to Jarvis. By doing so, I avoid having to work through the bugs and issues that invariably occur with new releases. All the add-ons I use still work fine on Jarvis, and except for occasionally needing to modifying an addon.xml file, there's currently no advantage for me in moving to Krypton on my HTPC.

I will upgrade my HTPC to Krypton eventually, just probably not until there's an official release of Leia...

+1

Yeah, I'm one of those who has to be dragged kicking and screaming into upgrading. Especially when Jarvis works SO well... lol
(2017-06-16, 00:55)mrdally204 Wrote: For me using Krypton does not provide a good video experience on Android, especially with interlaced content. I also often have addons freeze frame with the audio continuing to play in the background requiring me to stop the video and restart it to continue viewing. Posted here if you care Smile
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=304942

Yes, I've been having similar issues, particularly with the RT addon. Seems to freeze and buffer a lot on Krypton and it's smooth as silk on Jarvis...
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pluto.TV2