• 32(current)
Mod CarPC-touch
(2017-05-15, 03:39)Black1978 Wrote: I've got mine up and running but I'd like to change the skin to fit the make and model of car I have (Pontiac Firebird) Can some one help me with this please.

Thanks
The logo can be changed in the skin settings. All you need is a transparent PNG. As for the rest of the skin, it's not hard to modify with basic photoshop skills and a basic understanding of the XML systems (sort of a map)

Sent from my SM-G935T
I still wanna know what the heck is going on... You guys aren't having issues with the skin in Kodi 17? I've already asked but haven't been able to run the skin in kodi 17.

Sent from my SM-G935T
Hello. This is great skin. I use it on android tablet. it works great. I use Google Maps for navigation. My question is.. Is there any code to launch driving mode icon (for google maps) shortcut inside of this skin. i have been looking for everywhere... Thank you.
(2017-05-23, 14:38)Juissi Wrote: Hello. This is great skin. I use it on android tablet. it works great. I use Google Maps for navigation. My question is.. Is there any code to launch driving mode icon (for google maps) shortcut inside of this skin. i have been looking for everywhere... Thank you.
Not that I know of. The shortcut is just that, a shortcut and not an App. And the button we setup for Google maps is set to launch the app. Idk a way to launch the shortcut

Sent from my SM-G935T
Thanks for answering.
@ Juissi @DarkStars

Here is the option for Google Maps in driving mode (sourced information: http://lifehacker.com/unlock-google-maps...1752679889)

To activate this feature, first you’ll need to update to the latest version of Google Maps (v. 9.19). If you don’t already have the updated app, you can install it on some phones from Android Police at the source link below. Once you have the new app, follow these steps:

Open Google Maps.
Navigate to Settings in the slide-out panel on the left side of the app.
At the bottom of the settings list, select “Sign out of Google Maps.”
Tap the Multitasking button on your phone and swipe away Google Maps.
Re-open Google Maps.
Open the slide-out navigation panel on the left side of the app.
You should now see a “Start driving” button on the list of options.
Navigate to Settings and sign back in to Google Maps.
Yes, I know about the "Start Driving" button. But that's not an instant. What people were wanting is an instant to option.

(2017-05-23, 20:48)jl31m10 Wrote: @ Juissi @DarkStars

Here is the option for Google Maps in driving mode (sourced information: http://lifehacker.com/unlock-google-maps...1752679889)

To activate this feature, first you’ll need to update to the latest version of Google Maps (v. 9.19). If you don’t already have the updated app, you can install it on some phones from Android Police at the source link below. Once you have the new app, follow these steps:

Open Google Maps.
Navigate to Settings in the slide-out panel on the left side of the app.
At the bottom of the settings list, select “Sign out of Google Maps.”
Tap the Multitasking button on your phone and swipe away Google Maps.
Re-open Google Maps.
Open the slide-out navigation panel on the left side of the app.
You should now see a “Start driving” button on the list of options.
Navigate to Settings and sign back in to Google Maps.
Ok, Seriously what is going on. This abandoned or moved onto something new? Since upgrading to 17, The skin stopped working. I updated the skin's XML for 17 but all it does is install. It does not switch. No matter what system I use. My tablet, Phone, PC.
Hi , i start working on a new skin with similar design but base on Estouchy Smile

When i have a first preview i will post here.
Yeah I was doing the same but till I had something concret I was trying to get this one working on 17 but just cannot.
New updated SPMC works with the skins.
(2017-06-05, 18:17)kewlhtpc Wrote: New updated SPMC works with the skins.
SPMC?

Sent from my SM-G935T
(2017-05-15, 03:43)DarkerStars Wrote:
(2017-05-15, 03:39)Black1978 Wrote: I've got mine up and running but I'd like to change the skin to fit the make and model of car I have (Pontiac Firebird) Can some one help me with this please.

Thanks
The logo can be changed in the skin settings. All you need is a transparent PNG. As for the rest of the skin, it's not hard to modify with basic photoshop skills and a basic understanding of the XML systems (sort of a map)

Sent from my SM-G935T (typie typie)

yeah I'm a total newb at this so could you explain it a bit more? Like where do I put the new file? This is the first time I've used Linux and feel totally lost. Also I don't have photoshop, is there a free program I can use?
ok, I take it you own a '78 and must be black too, right?

I also own a '89 Formula 383 stroked (show car)
...and I used these bird pngs that I changed to my liking in photoshop about 8yrs ago when I was running a carpc software called "Ride Runner". I still run it in the bird but use Android/SPMC in my truck.

I don't know which color you are looking for, so I'll post this one.

http://imgur.com/pFlvCAb

I also have a bunch other of colors....

http://imgur.com/a/LwvNU

Enjoy. Smile
(2017-06-14, 15:05)Black1978 Wrote: yeah I'm a total newb at this so could you explain it a bit more? Like where do I put the new file? This is the first time I've used Linux and feel totally lost. Also I don't have photoshop, is there a free program I can use?
(2017-06-14, 18:30)kewlhtpc Wrote: ok, I take it you own a '78 and must be black too, right?

I also own a '89 Formula 383 stroked (show car)
...and I used these bird pngs that I changed to my liking in photoshop about 8yrs ago when I was running a carpc software called "Ride Runner". I still run it in the bird but use Android/SPMC in my truck.

I don't know which color you are looking for, so I'll post this one.

http://imgur.com/pFlvCAb

I also have a bunch other of colors....

http://imgur.com/a/LwvNU

Enjoy. Smile
Black1978, Assuming Kewlhtpc got it right, he just shared some Transparent Firechicken images lol. All you have to do, is go into the skin settings inside Kodi, click the button that says use custom logo, then a link will pop up of where to get the pic. You select that and navigate to whereever you saved the image. And you're good to go. Its really not hard, esp for newbs. If you found out how to install the skin, this should be cake.

So just click his links, save which file you prefer to somewhere on your device and you're golden. I'd help you further but can't seem to get my skin running on Kodi17 for some reason.
  • 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CarPC-touch2