• 96(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread
(2017-06-12, 23:20)JanM201 Wrote: Thanks. When would you use the other 2 buttons - Add & Remove?

We use the Mediainfo.dll to get the video and audio metadate from files. The mapping tables are used to convert the "raw" video and audio information to a readable term, e.g. v_mpeg4/iso/avc to h264.

The add button is to add custom mappings and the remove button to remove mappings.

The mappings are only used after metadata scraping/scanning, e.g. the Refresh button in the main screen in top of the Metadata info, Context Menu => (Re)Scrape, Context Menu => Rescrape Selected => All => Metadata Only, ect.
Hi guys,

For who may be interested, following the great collaboration with Dan, I have released an add-on called Light IMDb Ratings Update to update Movies and TV Shows reatings in Kodi. Feel free to give it a look...

Thanks again to Dan for his great support and professionality!

Alex
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
Hello,
i have an idea for a feature:

auto scrape should search for country ratings in all databases until they find one or tried all databases.
Sometimes imdb have a rating for germany in their database, sometimes the only one with a rating for germany is moviepilot, and so on.
Would be nice to see this feature in a future version of ember.

Keep up the fantastic work!
(2017-06-16, 23:08)sherlock_homeless Wrote: Hello,
i have an idea for a feature:

auto scrape should search for country ratings in all databases until they find one or tried all databases.
Sometimes imdb have a rating for germany in their database, sometimes the only one with a rating for germany is moviepilot, and so on.
Would be nice to see this feature in a future version of ember.

Keep up the fantastic work!

Already available, is called "Certifications". TMDB and IMDB provides certifications for many countries.

MPAA is a US-only rating. If you want other ratings you have to use certification as MPAA value. Set this settings to get the rating for Germany:

Just started using EMM a few days ago. I know it's still alpha/beta, but, is this really so unstable at this point. I get different error messages then the program crashes. The most common one I receive is "database disc image is malformed". Kinda detracts from a pretty good program. I know this is pretty vague by not listing all the errors. Thought I'd start with the main one I get most.

Are these options possible/available:
start in TV not movies
hide *all seasons
Hide watched shows/movies

Thanks for any help.
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
(2017-06-17, 05:43)bobrap Wrote: Just started using EMM a few days ago. I know it's still alpha/beta, but, is this really so unstable at this point. I get different error messages then the program crashes. The most common one I receive is "database disc image is malformed". Kinda detracts from a pretty good program. I know this is pretty vague by not listing all the errors. Thought I'd start with the main one I get most.

start in TV not movies
hide *all seasons

Thanks for any help.

Something in your settings or your setup. Stable as a rock, using latest alpha on first page up until Komplex released a build somewhere on this page a few posts back. How are your folders setup? Are you connecting to a network source for your collection? If you go into the profiles folder located in the install directory you'll find your settings file. You could upload it somewhere and link back here and I'm sure dan would have no problems looking at for you!

As far as the specific questions, no you cannot do any of those. I would recommend using Dan's problem tracker/feature request page.
(2017-06-17, 08:54)Fail$tyle420 Wrote:
(2017-06-17, 05:43)bobrap Wrote: Just started using EMM a few days ago. I know it's still alpha/beta, but, is this really so unstable at this point. I get different error messages then the program crashes. The most common one I receive is "database disc image is malformed". Kinda detracts from a pretty good program. I know this is pretty vague by not listing all the errors. Thought I'd start with the main one I get most.

start in TV not movies
hide *all seasons

Thanks for any help.

Something in your settings or your setup. Stable as a rock, using latest alpha on first page up until Komplex released a build somewhere on this page a few posts back. How are your folders setup? Are you connecting to a network source for your collection? If you go into the profiles folder located in the install directory you'll find your settings file. You could upload it somewhere and link back here and I'm sure dan would have no problems looking at for you!

As far as the specific questions, no you cannot do any of those. I would recommend using Dan's problem tracker/feature request page.

Thanks for the reply. My collection is located on a Unraid server. Folder for each movie and TV show/season. EMM is installed to D:\soft\Ember Media Manager BETA. Hopefully, Dan might offer some help.
(2017-06-17, 14:32)bobrap Wrote:
(2017-06-17, 08:54)Fail$tyle420 Wrote:

start in TV not movies
hide *all seasons

Thanks for any help.

Thanks for the reply. My collection is located on a Unraid server. Folder for each movie and TV show/season. EMM is installed to D:\soft\Ember Media Manager BETA. Hopefully, Dan might offer some help.

Need a log. Please upload it on pastebin.com
(2017-06-17, 14:44)DanCooper Wrote:
(2017-06-17, 14:32)bobrap Wrote:
(2017-06-17, 08:54)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: Something in your settings or your setup. Stable as a rock, using latest alpha on first page up until Komplex released a build somewhere on this page a few posts back. How are your folders setup? Are you connecting to a network source for your collection? If you go into the profiles folder located in the install directory you'll find your settings file. You could upload it somewhere and link back here and I'm sure dan would have no problems looking at for you!

Need a log. Please upload it on pastebin.com

I believe this is what you want? From C:\Users\Bob\AppData\Roaming\Ember Media Manager

log
(2017-06-17, 15:03)bobrap Wrote: I believe this is what you want? From C:\Users\Bob\AppData\Roaming\Ember Media Manager

log

Log from here D:\soft\Ember Media Manager BETA\Log it will be a csv file with today's date. Here is a build from the latest github master commit if you want to try it https://mega.nz/#F!xR1kUbjQ!8mmsOS-glJBXJAbS_vhJig
(2017-06-17, 15:13)komplex Wrote:
(2017-06-17, 15:03)bobrap Wrote: I believe this is what you want? From C:\Users\Bob\AppData\Roaming\Ember Media Manager

log

Log from here D:\soft\Ember Media Manager BETA\Log it will be a csv file with today's date. Here is a build from the latest github master commit if you want to try it https://mega.nz/#F!xR1kUbjQ!8mmsOS-glJBXJAbS_vhJig

Talk about feeling like an idiot. Can't believe I didn't see the LOG folder. Blush Is the build you posted the same as the one posted earlier? Thanks for that.

Hopefully, the correct log:
Log
(2017-06-17, 15:36)bobrap Wrote:
(2017-06-17, 15:13)komplex Wrote:

log

Talk about feeling like an idiot. Can't believe I didn't see the LOG folder. Blush Is the build you posted the same as the one posted earlier? Thanks for that.

First: disable the kodi Interface module or fix your settings (sources are not mapped). It's really hard to check a log that have ~140'000 entries and 14'237 error log entries with 99% error logs from Kodi Interface... Maybe you've fix that already.

Then please delete or rename the todays log to start logging from scratch. Then use Ember until you get the next error/crash. Than upload the log again.
It looks like bad timing between commiting latest changes to database and read something from it.
(2017-06-17, 15:36)bobrap Wrote: Is the build you posted the same as the one posted earlier? Thanks for that.

It's 3 commits ahead of the link i posted last week. Difference is some code cleanup and a fix for a crash https://github.com/DanCooper/Ember-MM-Ne...its/master
(2017-06-17, 15:47)DanCooper Wrote:
(2017-06-17, 15:36)bobrap Wrote:
(2017-06-17, 15:13)komplex Wrote: Log from here D:\soft\Ember Media Manager BETA\Log it will be a csv file with today's date. Here is a build from the latest github master commit if you want to try it https://mega.nz/#F!xR1kUbjQ!8mmsOS-glJBXJAbS_vhJig

First: disable the kodi Interface module or fix your settings (sources are not mapped). It's really hard to check a log that have ~140'000 entries and 14'237 error log entries with 99% error logs from Kodi Interface... Maybe you've fix that already.

Then please delete or rename the todays log to start logging from scratch. Then use Ember until you get the next error/crash. Than upload the log again.
It looks like bad timing between commiting latest changes to database and read something from it.

Hi Dan - I wanted to understand how kodi integration works with emm. Just started to use the latest alpha compiled by komplex, and I see your comments of path mapping and was wondering, before I connect my mysql database with emm, I know what I am doing. Some of the questions I have:

1. Could I use emm to refresh the entire kodi library, for example I update nfo using emm and then have kodi refresh it? Right now I have remove and add again to take refresh to take place.
2. The path mapping, as you mentioned in the post, do I need to do a special mapping to make library update work? I have all kodi clients using smb shares and emm is configured to run on windows using mapped network drives...

Any help or pointing to any documented resource would be awesome.
(2017-06-18, 13:49)shwetkprabhat Wrote:
(2017-06-17, 15:47)DanCooper Wrote:
(2017-06-17, 15:36)bobrap Wrote: Talk about feeling like an idiot. Can't believe I didn't see the LOG folder. Blush Is the build you posted the same as the one posted earlier? Thanks for that.

Hi Dan - I wanted to understand how kodi integration works with emm. Just started to use the latest alpha compiled by komplex, and I see your comments of path mapping and was wondering, before I connect my mysql database with emm, I know what I am doing. Some of the questions I have:

1. Could I use emm to refresh the entire kodi library, for example I update nfo using emm and then have kodi refresh it? Right now I have remove and add again to take refresh to take place.
2. The path mapping, as you mentioned in the post, do I need to do a special mapping to make library update work? I have all kodi clients using smb shares and emm is configured to run on windows using mapped network drives...

Any help or pointing to any documented resource would be awesome.

First, get the fixed version of komplex build, the first one has a bug: Link

The KI (Kodi Interface) sends all data to Kodi's JSON-RPC interface and Kodi save the data to the local or MySQL database. So Ember does not save any data directly into a Kodi database.
So you have to enable the webserver in Kodi and also allow "Controll by external applications".

Also you have to set all sources in Kodi as usual. If you only want disabeling autoscraping by Kodi, you can set the source scraper to "local NFO only". With this scraper Kodi adds only movies/episodes with local stored NFO and does not scrape any data from internet (that should be the job of Ember).

Sync with KI works as follows (e.g. for movies):
  1. get the database ID of the movie by path and filename
  2. if Kodi knows this movie, Kodi sends the ID to the KI and the KI continues with step 5
  3. the KI sends a command to Kodi to scan the movie folder (not the whole source, only that folder that contains the movie file to sync)
  4. the KI try again to get the database ID of the movie
  5. if the ID is known, the KI can sync the data. If Kodi can't find the movie, no ID will be returned and the KI abort the sync with an "not found" entry in the log

So for the inital work with Ember, KI and Kodi there are two ways to get a fast result:
If all or most of all movies already have a local NFO then disable the "RealTimeSync" in KI settings and load the whole database in Ember and in Kodi. It's faster to load the whole database in Kodi instead of let KI scan each folder individually. If both databases are ready, you can enable the "RealTimeSync" and manually sync all movies (select all entries => context menu => KI => sync) to write the additional images like Landscape, DiscArt ect. to Kodi. With "RealTimeSync" enabled, all future changes on movies will automatically synced to Kodi.

The mapping is needed to convert the "Ember path" to a "Kodi path". E.g. you have mapped your movie source to "Z:\" in Windows and used "smb://Server/movies" as source in Kodi, it's needed that the KI change the path while syncing. Otherwise Kodi can't find the ID and also the paths of images, trailers etc.
It works only if you have used the same source path in both, e.g.
Ember => Z:\Movies\Avatar\avatar.mkv
Kodi => smb://Server/movies/Avatar/avatar.mkv

With this mapping the KI simply search Z:\Movies in paths and replace it with smb://Server/movies, also change the \ and / if needed.
In the KI settings it's possible to add own sources, but in most of all cases the users use the same main paths in Ember and Kodi:

• 96(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread2