Release YouTube Plug-in Thread
does anyone know how to solve my issue?

I have a youtube playlist url:

Code:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQw-AwSCH8G3Dhw4vAu0R7OfxDWdUbhaR

according to bromix' instruction
Code:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?pid=1930377#pid1930377

I've converted the link to make it played in random order (shuffle)
Code:
plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?playlist_id=PLQw-AwSCH8G3Dhw4vAu0R7OfxDWdUbhaR&order=shuffle

but then I don't know how to play the converted link

fyi, I have tried these 4 different following methods,

Code:
li = xbmcgui.ListItem('', iconImage='', thumbnailImage='')
li.setInfo('video', {'Title': ''})
xbmc.Player().play(item=url, listitem=li)

Code:
li = xbmcgui.ListItem( '', iconImage='', thumbnailImage='')
li.setProperty( "IsPlayable", "true")
li.setProperty( "Video", "true")
xbmc.Player().play( url, li)

Code:
xbmc.executebuiltin('Container.Update(%s)' % url)

Code:
xbmc.executebuiltin("xbmc.PlayMedia("+url+",isdir)")

but none of them worked on my side Huh

with method #2 / #3 / #4, I could only see the kodi was able to update the playlist, but then it just stopped & played nothing

any help would be appreciated

thank you

EDIT #1:

I've tried 2 more different methods:

Code:
def play_video(name, iconimage, url, setres=False):
        liz = xbmcgui.ListItem(name, iconImage=iconimage, thumbnailImage=iconimage)
        liz.setInfo(type='Video', infoLabels={'Title':name})
        liz.setProperty("IsPlayable","true")
        liz.setPath(url)
        if not setres: xbmc.Player().play(url)
        else: xbmcplugin.setResolvedUrl(int(sys.argv[1]), True, liz)

Code:
xbmc.executebuiltin('XBMC.RunPlugin('+url+')')

but those methods still won't work with the converted link Huh

EDIT #2:

the converted link can work with this method #7

Code:
liz = xbmcgui.ListItem('', iconImage='')
liz.setInfo(type='Video', infoLabels={'Title':''})
liz.setProperty("IsPlayable","true")
ok=xbmcplugin.addDirectoryItem(handle=int(sys.argv[1]),url=url,listitem=liz)
xbmcplugin.endOfDirectory(addon_handle)

but this method creates a link in a directory which requires a click, so the playlist can't be played directly / automatically Huh

please help me guys Smile
Missing from that post is &play=1 is required to start playback

plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?playlist_id=PLQw-AwSCH8G3Dhw4vAu0R7OfxDWdUbhaR&order=shuffle&play=1
Debug Log (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki)Add-ons
Added alpha2 zips to https://github.com/jdf76/plugin.video.yo.../tag/5.4.0

- adds filtering My Subscriptions whitelist/blacklist toggle, and add/remove from filter by context menu in Subscriptions
(2017-06-18, 18:05)anxdpanic Wrote: Missing from that post is &play=1 is required to start playback

plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?playlist_id=PLQw-AwSCH8G3Dhw4vAu0R7OfxDWdUbhaR&order=shuffle&play=1

Awesome!
Thanks for your help mate Smile

I tested the link with your fix
and now it can work with method #1, #2 & #5 (setres=False)

EDIT:

sorry for giving false report

with the the new fix,
yes! the playlist will be auto-played

but... Huh

unfortunately, kodi will play 1 video only (perhaps it's the first one in the list)

then it will stop and play nothing

the "PREV" & "NEXT" button will not work either (it won't change anything when it clicked)

here is my code if you want to try it: Smile
Code:
url = 'plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?playlist_id=PLQw-AwSCH8G3Dhw4vAu0R7OfxDWdUbhaR&order=shuffle&play=1'
li = xbmcgui.ListItem('', iconImage='', thumbnailImage='')
li.setInfo('video', {'Title': ''})
xbmc.Player().play(item=url, listitem=li)
(2017-06-18, 19:04)anxdpanic Wrote: Added alpha2 zips to https://github.com/jdf76/plugin.video.yo.../tag/5.4.0

- adds filtering My Subscriptions whitelist/blacklist toggle, and add/remove from filter by context menu in Subscriptions

OMG!!! Yeah... thanks for adding also the blacklist........ i test immediatelly Smile
...only on your "little world" can you lay down the law...
@m28ew

Code:
url = 'plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?playlist_id=PLQw-AwSCH8G3Dhw4vAu0R7OfxDWdUbhaR&order=shuffle&play=1'
xbmc.executebuiltin('PlayMedia("{url}")'.format(url=url))

or you can also create a temporary strm, and pass that to Player or setResolvedUrl
(2017-06-20, 00:50)anxdpanic Wrote: @m28ew

Code:
xbmc.executebuiltin('PlayMedia("{url}")'.format(url=url))

or you can also create a temporary strm, and pass that to Player or setResolvedUrl

Amazing!
Now the shuffled playlist really works with the your script! Cool

Thanks for sharing the useful info mate Smile
Hi!

I´m often get an error message when i start kodi....

See Log:

Code:
17:46:41.591 T:4592   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'NoneType' object is not callable
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\micha\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\default.py", line 7, in <module>
                                                runner.run(__provider__)
                                              File "C:\Users\micha\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube_plugin\kodion\runner.py", line 32, in run
                                                __RUNNER__.run(provider, context)
                                              File "C:\Users\micha\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube_plugin\kodion\impl\xbmc\xbmc_runner.py", line 23, in run
                                                results = provider.navigate(context)
                                              File "C:\Users\micha\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube_plugin\kodion\abstract_provider.py", line 93, in navigate
                                                result = method(context, re_match)
                                              File "C:\Users\micha\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube_plugin\kodion\register_provider_path.py", line 12, in wrapper
                                                return func(*args, **kwargs)
                                              File "C:\Users\micha\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube_plugin\youtube\provider.py", line 398, in _on_yt_specials
                                                return yt_specials.process(category, self, context, re_match)
                                              File "C:\Users\micha\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube_plugin\youtube\helper\yt_specials.py", line 263, in process
                                                return _process_new_uploaded_videos_tv(provider, context, re_match)
                                              File "C:\Users\micha\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube_plugin\youtube\helper\yt_specials.py", line 230, in _process_new_uploaded_videos_tv
                                                result.extend(tv.my_subscriptions_to_items(provider, context, json_data))
                                              File "C:\Users\micha\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube_plugin\youtube\helper\tv.py", line 33, in my_subscriptions_to_items
                                                utils.update_video_infos(provider, context, video_id_dict, channel_items_dict=channel_item_dict)
                                              File "C:\Users\micha\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube_plugin\youtube\helper\utils.py", line 164, in update_video_infos
                                                video_data = resource_manager.get_videos(video_ids)
                                              File "C:\Users\micha\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube_plugin\youtube\helper\resource_manager.py", line 109, in get_videos
                                                result.update(self._update_videos(list_of_50))
                                              File "C:\Users\micha\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube_plugin\youtube\helper\resource_manager.py", line 68, in _update_videos
                                                video_data = function_cache.get_cached_only(self._get_video_data, unicode(video_id))
                                              File "C:\Users\micha\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube_plugin\kodion\utils\function_cache.py", line 66, in get_cached_only
                                                data, cache_id = self._get_cached_data(partial_func)
                                              File "C:\Users\micha\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube_plugin\kodion\utils\function_cache.py", line 56, in _get_cached_data
                                                return self._get(cache_id), cache_id
                                              File "C:\Users\micha\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube_plugin\kodion\utils\storage.py", line 194, in _get
                                                result = self._execute(False, query, [item_id])
                                              File "C:\Users\micha\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube_plugin\kodion\utils\storage.py", line 80, in _execute
                                                return self._cursor.execute(query, values)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\sqlite3\dbapi2.py", line 69, in convert_timestamp
                                                year, month, day = map(int, datepart.split("-"))
                                            TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
17:46:41.648 T:2804   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.youtube/special/new_uploaded_videos_tv/?reload=
I have a "stupid" question...... in preferences i see "Default View" setted at 504....... how i can found a list of exact view ? For example if i choice "Wall Info" what's the corresponding id ?

I have found some info searching on google (here -> https://github.com/faush01/Kodi.Skin.Con.../views.xml)... tryed to set two value to 515 but apparently i don't see nothings append...... how this works ?

Ah... i have the addons 5.4.0 alpha2 unofficial and if i remember on this unofficial version the ovverride view it's working.... or not ?
Updated the zip to alpha3 available at github
- adds thumbnail size choice (medium/high)

@epicfail: latest update should cover that if you'd like to test

@DjDiabolik: That is the only difference between official and unofficial, unofficial has override view. The values or hints where to find those values can usually be found in the MyVideoNav.xml for that skin. With unofficial if your skin is supported you can re-run the setup wizard to choose views by name.
mmmmmmmmmm... about MyVideoNav.xml.... i can try to search how it's located on OSMC..... i thinks inside current estuary addons folder.....

I thinks there's here -> /usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.estuary/xml/

I have found this:
Code:
<views>50,51,52,53,54,55,500,501,502</views>

And possibly some explanation:
Code:
            <include>View_50_List</include>
            <include>View_51_Poster</include>
            <include>View_52_IconWall</include>
            <include>View_53_Shift</include>
            <include>View_54_InfoWall</include>
            <include>View_55_WideList</include>
            <include>View_500_Wall</include>
            <include>View_501_Banner</include>
            <include>View_502_FanArt</include>
I try to set it to 54 on both value...... see if work in about some hours Smile
Thanks for info..... you thinks this is the correct id ? I tryed to see the rest of files and apparently i can't found nothigs...
A while ago I posted about changing the thumbnails in the Youtube plugin to widescreen here.

anxdpanic posted alpha 3 with an option to change the thumbnail size High/Medium. (Thanks again anxdpanic)

But I think most won't know that the "High" has an aspect ratio of 4:3 so is not widescreen and widescreen content gets black bars over/under, and "Medium" is smaller but is widescreen so might be preferable.

My old post has example thumbnails to show the difference.

jonib
XBMC2, EventGhost plugin. Image
mmmmmmmmmm... i have updated my version to alpha 3.........now the addons it's no more working on my OSMC. I launch and i obtain the usually list... every voice i choice it's not work and obtain an errors say to me to read my log. I have tryed to access to "My Subscriction" also in filtered and not work... also on "Raccomanded" and also on "My Channel"...

How i can fix ?

*EDIT*
Can attach what's append when i try to load "My Subscriction" (normal):
Code:
02:17:44.450 T:1560802288  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (5.4.0~alpha3) on Krypton (Kodi-17.3) with Python 2.7.9
02:17:44.815 T:1560802288   ERROR: /home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py:843: InsecureRequestWarning: Unverified HTTPS request is being made. Adding certificate verification is strongly advised. See: https://urllib3.readthedocs.io/en/latest/advanced-usage.html#ssl-warnings
                                              InsecureRequestWarning)
02:17:51.091 T:1560802288   ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.
02:17:51.091 T:1560802288  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (5.4.0~alpha3) on Krypton (Kodi-17.3) with Python 2.7.9
02:17:54.072 T:1560802288   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                            Error Type: <class 'sqlite3.ProgrammingError'>
                                            Error Contents: Cannot operate on a closed cursor.
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/default.py", line 7, in <module>
                                                runner.run(__provider__)
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/runner.py", line 32, in run
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/impl/xbmc/xbmc_runner.py", line 23, in run
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/abstract_provider.py", line 123, in navigate
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/register_provider_path.py", line 12, in wrapper
                                                return func(*args, **kwargs)
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/provider.py", line 401, in _on_yt_specials
                                                return yt_specials.process(category, self, context, re_match)
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/helper/yt_specials.py", line 263, in process
                                                return _process_new_uploaded_videos_tv(provider, context, re_match)
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/helper/yt_specials.py", line 230, in _process_new_uploaded_videos_tv
                                                result.extend(tv.my_subscriptions_to_items(provider, context, json_data))
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/helper/tv.py", line 36, in my_subscriptions_to_items
                                                utils.update_video_infos(provider, context, video_id_dict, channel_items_dict=channel_item_dict)
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/helper/utils.py", line 183, in update_video_infos
                                                video_data = resource_manager.get_videos(video_ids)
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/helper/resource_manager.py", line 109, in get_videos
                                                result.update(self._update_videos(list_of_50))
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/helper/resource_manager.py", line 81, in _update_videos
                                                video_ids_to_update)
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/utils/function_cache.py", line 108, in get
                                                self._set(cache_id, cached_data)
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/utils/storage.py", line 121, in _set
                                                self._optimize_item_count()
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/utils/storage.py", line 129, in _optimize_item_count
                                                for item in result:
                                            ProgrammingError: Cannot operate on a closed cursor.
02:17:54.341 T:1958199296   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.youtube/special/new_uploaded_videos_tv/
02:17:54.344 T:1958199296   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.youtube/special/new_uploaded_videos_tv/) failed
On log appear all this....... all in latest osmc build and latest alpha 3....... on alpha 2 apparently all work whitout any problems....
After updated to the 5.4.0~alpha3, I got many errors, it should be related with the database connection active close feature. After revert to the previous version, all errors gone.

Code:
ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
Error Type: <class 'sqlite3.ProgrammingError'>
Error Contents: Cannot operate on a closed cursor.
  File "/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/default.py", line 7, in <module>
    runner.run(__provider__)
  File "/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/runner.py", line 32, in run
  File "/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/impl/xbmc/xbmc_runner.py", line 23, in run
  File "/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/abstract_provider.py", line 123, in navigate
  File "/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/abstract_provider.py", line 268, in _internal_search
    for search in search_history.list():
  File "/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/utils/search_history.py", line 18, in list
    keys = self._get_ids(oldest_first=False)
  File "/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/utils/storage.py", line 165, in _get_ids
    for item in query_result:
ProgrammingError: Cannot operate on a closed cursor.
(2017-06-20, 21:31)anxdpanic Wrote: @epicfail: latest update should cover that if you'd like to test

No error messages so far. Seems good...will have a look
  • 162(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube Plug-in Thread12