Android Silly mistake: removed setup menu
Amber has the option of having the setup menu as an option of the Quit menu, and it also has the option of removing the Setup menu from the main menu. I mistakenly did the latter without enabling the former. How can I now get into setup to get it back into some part of the menu?

I've gone through every part of the UI, trying context menus etc. but no luck. This is Kodi 17.3 (Krypton) on a Minix Android box, which I haven't rooted, so I don't have shell access either. Suggestions?
did you try going to the quit menu?
(2017-06-18, 21:39)deaded Wrote: did you try going to the quit menu?
With this configuration, I do not seem to be able to get a quit menu, just the single Quit item without a menu.
Move userdata (wiki)/guisettings.xml
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-06-19, 06:17)ExTechOp Wrote:
(2017-06-18, 21:39)deaded Wrote: did you try going to the quit menu?
With this configuration, I do not seem to be able to get a quit menu, just the single Quit item without a menu.

Hi, this is probably because you set the Quit item to a specific action e.g. Quit. I've submitted a pull to Jester to make sure if the only way to get to Settings is via the Quit item then it will always show the Shutdown menu, so hopefully will be in 3.0.8 when released and you;ll have access again then.
Smile 
(2017-06-19, 07:05)nickr Wrote: Move userdata (wiki)/guisettings.xml
I installed the Terminal Emulator for Android (I had been under the incorrect assumption that you needed to have rooted the device to be able to use it) and compared settings to my other Kodi/Amber setup on a Raspberry Pi. I then edited the configuration file addon_data/skin.amber/settings.xml to change

Code:
<setting id="Settings.Hide" type="bool">true</setting>

to

Code:
<setting id="Settings.Hide" type="bool">false</setting>

Which I believe was the critical change (I did other changes also, and forgot to make a backup, thinking myself such an old hat on Linux). Thanks to everyone for your help!
(2017-06-19, 11:04)joethepartylion Wrote: Hi, this is probably because you set the Quit item to a specific action e.g. Quit. I've submitted a pull to Jester to make sure if the only way to get to Settings is via the Quit item then it will always show the Shutdown menu, so hopefully will be in 3.0.8 when released and you;ll have access again then.
Thanks, this seems like a good sanity check item.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Silly mistake: removed setup menu0