• 90(current)
Intel Apollo Lake
The latest NUCs on Libreelec 8.x are also unable to playback the latest 4K remuxes. (even using piotrasd or Millhouse builds) There is horrible color banding going around, altough they play perfectly on Windows BTW.

Updating to the Millhouse 9.0 builds fixes the bading problem, but you're stuck with Kodi Leia which is an alpha, and has compatibility problems with many addons.
Thanks guys, the world of media players has sure got more complicated since I last looked at it and its a toss up between the NUC and a Zidoo X9S at the moment but edging to NUC as not reliant on Kodi updates from a 3rd party then
You have plenty of time, as there's really not much HDR content out there, and no way to rip it yourself.
True its just trying to future proof HDR to some extent as dont really want to be buying another box for a good few years! Half tempted to just get the zidoo as its half the price and change again in a few years but like the NUC too much!
Don't do that. Consider the 200 rule. Never spend more than 200 euros on a box. Just replace it every 1.5 years :-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thats probably good adviceas the NUC weighs in at £210 and the zidoo £105 so could be a stopgap for a while
(2017-06-22, 15:06)dogzipp Wrote: The latest NUCs on Libreelec 8.x are also unable to playback the latest 4K remuxes. (even using piotrasd or Millhouse builds) There is horrible color banding going around, altough they play perfectly on Windows BTW.

Updating to the Millhouse 9.0 builds fixes the bading problem, but you're stuck with Kodi Leia which is an alpha, and has compatibility problems with many addons.

you want to play HDR files with a software that does not support HDR. That is the problem Big Grin
Living Room: ASRock J3455 , 8GB RAM, Sandisk SSD 120GB, LibreELEC Testbuild,- Pioneer VSX-930 - Sony KD-65XD7505
Test HDR Setup: Bqeel M9Cmax (S905X 2GB RAM, 16G Flash) LibreElec HDR 10Bit Build Test6 from johngalt
R.I.P. DAD: 17.06.1952 - 21.01.2017
(2017-06-22, 20:30)sunnyfunny Wrote: you want to play HDR files with a software that does not support HDR. That is the problem Big Grin

I guess you're referring to Kodi? Works perfectly fine playing on Windows... and AFAIK is the same non-supporting-HDR kodi Big Grin
And now we are back again ...

Decoding HDR no problem
Displaying HDR properly with metadata problem on all kodis.

So - if you are happy with what you call HDR - don't read the above lines and stay happy.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2017-06-23, 09:35)fritsch Wrote: And now we are back again ...

Decoding HDR no problem
Displaying HDR properly with metadata problem on all kodis.

So - if you are happy with what you call HDR - don't read the above lines and stay happy.

All the HDR content he's probably playing was improperly captured/fake reencodes anyway.
Hi, sorry if this is somewhere in the thread already. My NUC6CAYS is connected via my AVR to my LG TV, however in librelec 8.02, the only audio system settings that work is chosing the display port option that for some reason, knows its connected to a LG TV?? If i chose any on the HDMI options i dont get any sound. In system setting under video, it only gives default or display port, there is no HDMI option? \the display port audio only gives DTS and DD, the high definition audio is not an option, when I check edid via SSH, it states the the DP is connected and the HDMI is not... any solution or fixes..Thanks in advance. I have also tried Fritz build with the same issue and I updated the lpscon firmware thingy to 1.66 in windows before installing librelec.. thanks again guys
@jezza1222: That is normal behaviour of the dp to hdmi chip. Same for me.
Thanks chrisk, is this being fixed in Kodi 18?, does this also happen if I run KODI out of windows?

Thanks again
(2017-06-20, 22:23)honcho Wrote: in windows, yes i can with powerdvd 17. But not from a uhd disc.
I have J3455 (in NUC6CAYH) with Windows 10 Build 1703 and Intel Graphics 4678 on LG E6 (directly). Windows does not show the HDR toggle option. It works for you?
Intel NUC6CAYH + afedchin's Kodi Windows MVC + LG OLED 55E6
honcho - does kodi work in windows 10 with hdmi and HD audio / 4k display?
  • 90(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel Apollo Lake9