• 261(current)
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
There has been a change to TMDB api so users that use KODI TMDb scraper will notice failure in scraping new movies.

Head to this issue page https://mediacompanion.codeplex.com/workitem/1592
download the file and follow the instructions on workitem 1592 page.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
vbat99,

for some reason not scraping writer and director
(2017-06-18, 15:21)Edworld Wrote: vbat99,

for some reason not scraping writer and director

Yes, spotted this as well, additional zip file at the below link that needed to fix directors and credits. Read instructions in my post below in feedback of this workitem.
Quote:There has been a change to TMDB api so users that use KODI TMDb scraper will notice failure in scraping new movies.

Head to this issue page https://mediacompanion.codeplex.com/workitem/1592
download the file and follow the instructions on workitem 1592 page.
Media Companion Dev.
Can one use MC additionally to other media / movie managers without causing conflicts?
Windows 10 Home, 64bit | Newest stable Kodi in portable mode
(2017-06-23, 11:12)Boyzie Wrote: Can one use MC additionally to other media / movie managers without causing conflicts?

Should be possible, but note most Media Managers write some custom tags into their nfos for their own managers to use, like MC does.

To answer your other question on the old Thread
Quote:Alright, so there is no way to use MC to manage media stored on external drives. Thank you very much. For the link, too.

Technically there is a way, by using different profiles for the different external drives.
In Mc you can create different profiles, and have completely different settings for each profile, ie, different paths for movies or TV etc.
Switch between them would allow different external drives to be managed.
Media Companion Dev.
(2017-06-24, 02:29)MANswers Wrote: Have a quick question here regarding movie sets.
Does media companion have options to treat artwork for Movie collections. Fanart.tv has collection logos and poster collection for these movie collections..
Right now you'll see that movie collection title is presented in plain text as seen below "Avengers Collection", and a default movie poster is assigned.

However this can be changed manually, and after changing it manually, this is how it looks.

Can this be arranged in media companion itself, to pull the correct logo and poster?

Currently Media Companion only gets the Poster and Fanart for movie sets.
It can be altered to also get the logo, Clearart, disc, banner, etc
I did not know if there was that much call for retrieving the extra artwork.
Media Companion Dev.
It be great if we can retrive logo, clearart, banner and disc images as well, many of the kodi themes allows all of these to show up for each of these movies.

For each of the movie i scrape using the media companion, i have to rescrape it using artwork downloader for disc, logos, banners and clearart to show up.
Yet again, i'd request support for Movie collection artwork as well.
Actually, Rob - that would be awesome if we had the option to get the extra set artwork you mentioned! It'd save having to go get it manually
Quote: Should be possible, but note most Media Managers write some custom tags into their nfos for their own managers to use, like MC does.
Actually this exactly sounds like conflicts were caused then. Another media manager writes an nfo file (with tags in a special way) and after MC rewrites it or vice versa. Can MC use specified names for nfo files, e.g. nfo-mc, so overwriting would not be possible? Or storing the data (nfos, images, etc.) in another folder?

Quote: Alright, so there is no way to use MC to manage media stored on external drives. Thank you very much. For the link, too.

Technically there is a way, by using different profiles for the different external drives.
In Mc you can create different profiles, and have completely different settings for each profile, ie, different paths for movies or TV etc.
And this could show movies / series on drives plugged off? I would not think so, actually.
(2017-06-24, 07:18)Boyzie Wrote:
Quote: Should be possible, but note most Media Managers write some custom tags into their nfos for their own managers to use, like MC does.
Actually this exactly sounds like conflicts were caused then. Another media manager writes an nfo file (with tags in a special way) and after MC rewrites it or vice versa. Can MC use specified names for nfo files, e.g. nfo-mc, so overwriting would not be possible? Or storing the data (nfos, images, etc.) in another folder?

Quote: Alright, so there is no way to use MC to manage media stored on external drives. Thank you very much. For the link, too.

And this could show movies / series on drives plugged off? I would not think so, actually.

Then the answer is no. MediaCompanion is an Active Library, ie: media and associated artwork is available for MediaCompanion to access.
Media Companion Dev.
(2017-06-24, 03:34)MANswers Wrote: It be great if we can retrive logo, clearart, banner and disc images as well, many of the kodi themes allows all of these to show up for each of these movies.

For each of the movie i scrape using the media companion, i have to rescrape it using artwork downloader for disc, logos, banners and clearart to show up.

(2017-06-24, 03:54)RonnieG3 Wrote: Actually, Rob - that would be awesome if we had the option to get the extra set artwork you mentioned! It'd save having to go get it manually

OK, I get that this would be a used option.
Have added to Roadmap, and will attempt to get this underway soon.
Media Companion Dev.
Quote: Then the answer is no. MediaCompanion is an Active Library, ie: media and associated artwork is available for MediaCompanion to access.
Sorry, I do not understand what that means.

Can MC use specified names for nfo files, e.g. nfo-mc, so overwriting would not be possible? Or storing the data (nfos, images, etc.) in another folder?
(2017-06-24, 10:34)Boyzie Wrote:
Quote: Then the answer is no. MediaCompanion is an Active Library, ie: media and associated artwork is available for MediaCompanion to access.
Sorry, I do not understand what that means.

Can MC use specified names for nfo files, e.g. nfo-mc, so overwriting would not be possible? Or storing the data (nfos, images, etc.) in another folder?

No, MC uses the ".nfo" extension as this is read by Kodi. ".nfo" files must be with the video file, not in a separate folder.
Media Companion is not suitable for your needs.
Media Companion Dev.
(2017-06-24, 10:24)vbat99 Wrote:
(2017-06-24, 03:34)MANswers Wrote: It be great if we can retrive logo, clearart, banner and disc images as well, many of the kodi themes allows all of these to show up for each of these movies.

(2017-06-24, 03:54)RonnieG3 Wrote: Actually, Rob - that would be awesome if we had the option to get the extra set artwork you mentioned! It'd save having to go get it manually

OK, I get that this would be a used option.
Have added to Roadmap, and will attempt to get this underway soon.

Awesome.. thanks!!
Quote:No, MC uses the ".nfo" extension as this is read by Kodi. ".nfo" files must be with the video file, not in a separate folder.
Media Companion is not suitable for your needs.
Alright, thank you very much!
  • 261(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support10