Possible to Rearrange Menu Items?
There are two things I'm wondering if it's possible to modify.

1) Is there a way to re-arrange the "Media Sources" here?

I want "Other videos", which is way off to the right so far you have to scroll, to be the first option. Definitely would like it to appear before TV and Movies which are redundant. It does not appear there is any way to rearrange this besides deleting my other libraries, which I do not want to do for the scraping nightmare it will leave behind. Is there no other way to rearrange these?

2) Is there a way to put "Recently Added" above "In Progress?"

I like both options and don't want to hide "In Progress", but I'd prefer it to be below "Recently Added". Is that possible?
This is a skin organisational issue, not one for the windows o/s

I'll move this post along to the Estuary skin thread, where others more versed in skinning might be of assistance.
So...not possible?
On the 1st thing the order on the home screen is taken to be the same order as the nodes appears when you enter Video, so the topmost node with Videos appears to the left on home and bottom node In Videos is the one to the far right on home. Therefore to change ordering on home you must use the Library Node Editor to change the ordering within Videos.

As for the 2nd question, with the default Estuary skin this is not possible via the GUI, this can only be changed by editing the skin xml files. However some of the Estuary mods allow re-ordering of these items from the GUI, for example this one https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=303946
Haven´t tried it myself yet, but I would take a look at this section for the 2nd question:

https://github.com/phil65/skin.estuary/b...ml#L61-L82

and probably change the IDs 5100, 5200, 5300 and 5400 to re-arrange items in a specific order. Probably you have to swap those sub-sections completely.

I´m not sure if that will work, but it might be worth a try.
(2017-06-26, 09:18)jjd-uk Wrote: On the 1st thing the order on the home screen is taken to be the same order as the nodes appears when you enter Video, so the topmost node with Videos appears to the left on home and bottom node In Videos is the one to the far right on home. Therefore to change ordering on home you must use the Library Node Editor to change the ordering within Videos.
I appreciate the help, I'm starting to look at this now.

Can someone clarify this?

I found the Library Node Editor under Add-Ons, but do not have "Videos" under here. On the root of the app, there are two folders: Video Library & Music Library. When I click Video Library, I get this:

I looked in each of these folders and didn't see a "Videos" node, or any of the "Sub-Nodes" under libraries that are picture in my screenshot in my original post above.

Should I be seeing those nodes here? Can someone please help me understand how to use this tool?

I haven't begun to look at the second question, because I figured I'd try to tackle the "easy" one first, and am not having success.

Thanks.
Yes; that's what you would see, if you add a node like e.g. Woody Allen, the subsequent screens would allow you to set the rules that pull-up your 'Woody Allen' videos.. (the rules could be path, title, director etc. , just like a smart playlist). Exiting to the home page, under videos you will now have a listing for Woody Allen, this can be linked to favourites or custom home page buttons. The existing buttons can be hidden, so you only have 'custom buttons' if the skin supports it. You'll also see a menu item for 'New Parent Node' which would allow subnodes, clear as mud? Add-on:Video Node Editor (wiki)
(2017-06-29, 21:59)PatK Wrote: Yes; that's what you would see, if you add a node like e.g. Woody Allen, the subsequent screens would allow you to set the rules that pull-up your 'Woody Allen' videos.. (the rules could be path, title, director etc. , just like a smart playlist). Exiting to the home page, under videos you will now have a listing for Woody Allen, this can be linked to favourites or custom home page buttons. The existing buttons can be hidden, so you only have 'custom buttons' if the skin supports it. You'll also see a menu item for 'New Parent Node' which would allow subnodes, clear as mud? Add-on:Video Node Editor (wiki)

Yeah...sorry for being dense, but I don't understand this at all. But it sounds like this is not actually a solution to what I was trying to do originally. I want my video repositories to be re-ordered under "Videos".

This tool looks like it's for adding filters or something to existing libraries under scrapable video sources?
(2017-06-30, 00:03)Chizad Wrote:
(2017-06-29, 21:59)PatK Wrote: Yes; that's what you would see, if you add a node like e.g. Woody Allen, the subsequent screens would allow you to set the rules that pull-up your 'Woody Allen' videos.. (the rules could be path, title, director etc. , just like a smart playlist). Exiting to the home page, under videos you will now have a listing for Woody Allen, this can be linked to favourites or custom home page buttons. The existing buttons can be hidden, so you only have 'custom buttons' if the skin supports it. You'll also see a menu item for 'New Parent Node' which would allow subnodes, clear as mud? Add-on:Video Node Editor (wiki)

Yeah...sorry for being dense, but I don't understand this at all. But it sounds like this is not actually a solution to what I was trying to do originally. I want my video repositories to be re-ordered under "Videos".

This tool looks like it's for adding filters or something to existing libraries under scrapable video sources?
Video should really be called file mode, it's the place where you would conduct file maintenance, obviously, you are using that instead of the library. Creating nodes, is taking your library (your movies etc, would presumably be scraped) and slice it up into various category's 'nodes' and display these 'nodes'. Not sure what "video repositories" you're talking about? Streaming?
What you highlighted you wanted to change was the Media Sources row, so they will be found under Files where you added them in the first place. When in Files then from what I remember you use the Context menu to reorder your sources.
(2017-06-30, 01:08)jjd-uk Wrote: What you highlighted you wanted to change was the Media Sources row, so they will be found under Files where you added them in the first place. When in Files then from what I remember you use the Context menu to reorder your sources.
Yeah, this was the first thing I tried.

There does not appear to be a way to arrange them here, and actually they show up here in alphabetical order, when on the "Videos" screen from my first screenshot in the thread, they appear to be in the order that they were added.

Like I said in the first post, it appears the only way to do this is remove the libraries entirely and add them back, which I don't want to do.
Thumbs Up 
(2017-06-26, 09:54)DaVu Wrote: Haven´t tried it myself yet, but I would take a look at this section for the 2nd question:

https://github.com/phil65/skin.estuary/b...ml#L61-L82

and probably change the IDs 5100, 5200, 5300 and 5400 to re-arrange items in a specific order. Probably you have to swap those sub-sections completely.

I´m not sure if that will work, but it might be worth a try.

THIS WORKED!!! THANKS!!!

Still having that other issue with the Media Sources. Maybe I can resolve that in the XML as well? Anyone have any idea where, if so?
Could not find any of my media source names in an indexed search of the XML. Not sure if that means it's definitely not doable or what...
Just checked and you're right, since the sources are not xml nodes they can't be re-ordered with the Library Node Editor, sorry for pointing you in wrong direction. The only I can can think of then is reordering the source definitions in the sources.xml file however I will need to check that doesn't cause any unwanted side effects.
Sorry, I figured out the answer to my question.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Possible to Rearrange Menu Items?0