• 10(current)
Deprecated PS Vue
(2017-06-13, 09:35)prostuff1 Wrote: I was getting the "Authorization failed" message as well and I had to uninstall the plugin, then go into the userdata -> addon_data folder and delete the psvue plugin folder that was in there. Once I had done that I reinstalled the plugin and have been running fine.
Thank you for your time to post your fix. Had same issue an followed your instructions an all is well. Special thanks to all the developers!
@pla1967

On behalf of the Kodi team, thank you and you are welcome Smile
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-06-13, 09:35)prostuff1 Wrote: I was getting the "Authorization failed" message as well and I had to uninstall the plugin, then go into the userdata -> addon_data folder and delete the psvue plugin folder that was in there. Once I had done that I reinstalled the plugin and have been running fine.

Thanks. That fixed it on my ubuntu 16.04 computer. The file deleted was ~/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.psvue . Everything is working great now.
I'm afraid these "fixes" will be short lived. The only reason this works is it resets your device id, but after a certain amount of time sony stops accepting the cookies and / or device id. Changing the device id just resets this process. So it's a workaround but definitely not a fix. I'm still looking into a fix that doesn't require the endless reset of device id's.
Just installed.

I see the channels but none of them play (no error). Is the addon currently broken or is it just me?
(2017-06-15, 02:50)ericlak Wrote: Just installed.

I see the channels but none of them play (no error). Is the addon currently broken or is it just me?

It's broken for me too.
Just found the app.....signed up for vue...only to be disapointed......the app dont work....no live stream...getting playback failed.
Hey guys, You should read the whole thread before saying "mine isn't working". This is a known issue and eracknaphobia stated on 6-14 that he is working on it. Have patience my friends. Good things come to those who wait.
Yup I am hoping he finds a permanent fix for the problem. I keep checking in daily waiting for the magic moment he has found a solution to the issue at hand Big Grin

I am building several Android TV boxes from scratch and this Kodi app working is a big part of the plan.
Is anybody getting Hulu flashbacks reading this thread? Looks like another case of corporations (Sony, in this case) going out of their way to sabotage their own customers. Can't understand how they think that is a logical business model.
(2017-06-18, 19:29)Nostrodamus Wrote: Is anybody getting Hulu flashbacks reading this thread? Looks like another case of corporations (Sony, in this case) going out of their way to sabotage their own customers. Can't understand how they think that is a logical business model.

Agreed.

I signed up for PS Vue because this plugin was created for Kodi. I have an Nvidia Shield TV that I could likely use for the same purpose but I do almost everything else in Kodi. I got the Shield TV to play around with and see if I could use it to get my parents off cable. I like the Shield TV... but I am use to Kodi. If Sony keeps clucking around and making this plugin not work I will likely cancel my subscription. They probably won't notice one lone soldier leaving there service over something like this but hey, have to put my money where my mouth is and leave if they piss me off.
pirate streaming sites were leeching their streams and posting them all over reddit. no company is going to stand that. they had same shitty protection as MLB
(2017-06-19, 09:18)V8MEM Wrote: pirate streaming sites were leeching their streams and posting them all over reddit. no company is going to stand that. they had same shitty protection as MLB

Ugh, I get so tired of the pirate crowd. We need to take all of them, send them to work for two weeks then when payday comes tell them nope sorry that was for free...
(2017-06-19, 09:18)V8MEM Wrote: pirate streaming sites were leeching their streams and posting them all over reddit. no company is going to stand that. they had same shitty protection as MLB

I approached $ony about security flaws in their streams, they werent interested, now they have implemened a system where cookie needs refreshed every few hours, if they tighten their AES encryption too much it will mean the end of this add on, so dont blame piracy too much if you want to continue using this add on, people are going on as if its an official sony release!!
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PS Vue6