Bug Ember crashes "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"
I notice ember will crash with this error

Object reference not set to an instance of an object

After doing a bit of testing, I found out the cause of the bug is if the files are not name correctly, it will crash each time.

e.g. create files with these name

1.mkv
2.mkv

etc..

Then do a scrape and it will crash each time with that error.
Please fix this.
Need log
(2017-07-02, 00:26)DanCooper Wrote: Need log

Log
https://pastebin.com/104CQue0
Hmm, no really useful information in the log. Do you have this issue only with this tv show? Looks like it crashes before any scraper has been called. Can you describe the problem in detail? How exactly are the files named (folder structure)?
(2017-07-02, 01:15)DanCooper Wrote: Hmm, no really useful information in the log. Do you have this issue only with this tv show? Looks like it crashes before any scraper has been called. Can you describe the problem in detail? How exactly are the files named (folder structure)?

Yeah it was mainly with this tv show.

The folder structure is I don't the issue
because I can scrape other shows.

The steps are

1. Create this folder structure
G:\TV\_scan\_Ember (scan) G\The Tick Compleat Series (2001){DvD.x264}[1337x][blackjesus]\1

2. Create or copy mkv file and name it 1.mkv and place it inside folder "1"

3. Do a scrape

BUG will occur

http://i.imgur.com/AauHaoh.png

===
If you rename 1.mkv to S01e01.mkv then get a new bug

http://i.imgur.com/JN5rcDo.png

Code:
2017-07-02 09:25:46.1977    EmberAPI.ModulesManager    EmberAPI.ModulesManager.RunGeneric    8    TRACE    [ModulesManager] [RunGeneric] [Start] <Sync_TVShow>    
2017-07-02 09:25:46.1997    EmberAPI.ModulesManager    EmberAPI.ModulesManager.RunGeneric    8    WARN    [ModulesManager] [RunGeneric] No generic modules defined <Sync_TVShow>    
2017-07-02 09:25:46.1997    EmberAPI.Scanner    EmberAPI.Scanner.RegexGetTVEpisode    8    INFO    [Scanner] [RegexGetTVEpisode] Found episode match G:\TV\_scan\_Ember (scan) G\The Tick  Compleat Series (2001){DvD.x264}[1337x][blackjesus]\Season 1\s01e01.mkv (s1e1) [s([0-9]+)[ ._-]*e([0-9]+(?:(?:[a-i]|\.[1-9])(?![0-9]))?)([^\\\/]*)$]    
2017-07-02 09:25:46.2457    EmberAPI.ModulesManager    EmberAPI.ModulesManager.RunGeneric    1    TRACE    [ModulesManager] [RunGeneric] [Start] <Notification>    
2017-07-02 09:25:46.2457    EmberAPI.ModulesManager    EmberAPI.ModulesManager.RunGeneric    1    TRACE    [ModulesManager] [RunGeneric] Run generic module <Notifications>    
2017-07-02 09:25:46.2712    Ember_Media_Manager.My.MyApplication    Ember_Media_Manager.My.MyApplication.MyApplication_UnhandledException    1    ERROR    mscorlib    "EXCEPTION OCCURRED:System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
   at System.Text.StringBuilder.FormatError()
   at System.Text.StringBuilder.AppendFormatHelper(IFormatProvider provider, String format, ParamsArray args)
   at System.String.FormatHelper(IFormatProvider provider, String format, ParamsArray args)
   at EmberAPI.FileUtils.GetFilenameList.TVSeason(DBElement DBElement, ModifierType mType)
   at EmberAPI.Scanner.GetFolderContents_TVSeason(DBElement& tDBElement)
   at EmberAPI.Scanner.Load_TVShow(DBElement& DBTVShow, Boolean isNew, Boolean Batchmode, Boolean ReportProgress)
   at EmberAPI.Scanner.ScanSourceDirectory_TV(DBSource sSource, String sPath)
   at EmberAPI.Scanner.bwPrelim_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)*   at System.Text.StringBuilder.FormatError()
   at System.Text.StringBuilder.AppendFormatHelper(IFormatProvider provider, String format, ParamsArray args)
   at System.String.FormatHelper(IFormatProvider provider, String format, ParamsArray args)
   at EmberAPI.FileUtils.GetFilenameList.TVSeason(DBElement DBElement, ModifierType mType)
   at EmberAPI.Scanner.GetFolderContents_TVSeason(DBElement& tDBElement)
   at EmberAPI.Scanner.Load_TVShow(DBElement& DBTVShow, Boolean isNew, Boolean Batchmode, Boolean ReportProgress)
   at EmberAPI.Scanner.ScanSourceDirectory_TV(DBSource sSource, String sPath)
   at EmberAPI.Scanner.bwPrelim_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)"
2017-07-02 09:25:50.2696    Ember_Media_Manager.frmMain    System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnFormClosed    1    INFO    ====Ember Media Manager exiting====
Rename the TV show to "The Tick"

And move " S01e01.mkv " to

G:\TV\_scan\_Ember (scan) G\The Tick\1\

Scrape again and now it works without any bugs
There is no default regex that works or recognize episodes that only be named as "1.mkv". Do you use own regex settings for that? Or do you've already existing NFO files for this episodes?
Can you send me your profile folder with all settings (excluding the DB files like MyVideosXY.emm) to [email protected]
... and finally: the TVDB or TMDB ID of this tv show :-)
(2017-07-02, 01:46)DanCooper Wrote: There is no default regex that works or recognize episodes that only be named as "1.mkv". Do you use own regex settings for that? Or do you've already existing NFO files for this episodes?

No I don't use regex or had the NFO for the tv show already.

You should still have a fix to prevent the crash if such a filenames existed in that format (exclude all format besides those already known by ember) so it just scrapes the show while ignoring the file 1.mkv.
or gives a error message that the filename format is not correct.

Else if it keep crashing, people do not understand why..

I had to do a bit of detective work to figure out the reason why it was crashing.

====

Even still, after changing the filename to correct format s01e01.mkv
there is a new bug which I posted above

====

TVDB ID

http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid=...0036&lid=7
Are you able to replicate the bug following my instructions?
Nope...
But theoretically, the "1.mkv" can't be the issue. The file will not be recognized by scanner, so Ember does nothing with this file while scraping. Will run more checks today, maybe I've more questions for you :-)
(2017-07-03, 17:08)DanCooper Wrote: Nope...
But theoretically, the "1.mkv" can't be the issue. The file will not be recognized by scanner, so Ember does nothing with this file while scraping. Will run more checks today, maybe I've more questions for you :-)

I think it is also possible the folder name has something to do with this bug.

When I change it to "The Tick", it didn't crash
I have the same problem and it happens all the time. This is independent of the naming convention.

Each movie is in its own folder <Movie name (YEAR)>
Each filename is <Movie name (YEAR)>.ext
I have the same issue with movies (all movies).

Example:

\\Movies\Memento (2000)\Memento (2000).mkv

I click scrape. It finds the movie with IDMB ID. Click OK, it crashes.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember crashes "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"0