v17 Music Artwork Resolution Small
My setting is local information. I'll see if I can figure out how to upload this no-copyright infringement track from my game.

This should be a link to the file in dropbox. It's in a temporary folder I created and named temporary.
EDIT: I have grabed the file, and removed the link - Dave
Nothing wrong with the tagging on that file. On my system (default settings) it loads into a 720 x 720 thumbnail as expected, looks fine.

I really have no idea why your thumbs are 200 x 200 Confused

I guess create a debug log (upload a link like you did with the music file), turn on debug and just look at album info for that album.
Okay, the kodi.log file is inside this dropbox link.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4uk1bci0r4k1i...7qa3a?dl=0
Log is showing texture (thumbnails) related errors, so that is probably significant, I just don't know what exactly. Skin Helper Service is also involved - an addon used by some skins so will have been enabled when using Aeon Nox.

Image issues can cause endless chasing of tail,,,,
You can have more than one copy of Kodi on a machine, so lets use that.

I'm thinking make a new install of Kodi, put it somewhere else on your harddrive other than "program files", (say a folder in the c:\) , during installation say "no" to adding a desktop icon (it will only confuse). Go to where it is installed and creates a shortcut for the kodi.exe and add -p to the end of the path on the shortcut so you can start it in portable mode. Look up "protable mode" for fuller instructions.

With this clean default installation, and using portable mode is important, add some music and see what happens to the images.
I cant seem to start the portable version. It says error, unable to start application, closing. I will continue to try however until I get other advice.
I would suggests, backup your thumbnail and database folder, than delete both, turn on debug login, and than rescan your music. Kodi will create a new db and new thumbs. Take a look at the thumbnails if there are still 200px post the debug log.

If you have a huge music collection, and don't want to wait that long till the scan is done, copy a few CDs in a new folder and add it into the kodi source.
I couldn't figure out how to enable pocket version so I took meowmoo's advice. My images are still being cached at 200x200.
I want to try a completely clean install, so just deleting databases will not remove settings, addons etc. And I don't want to disturb the current setup so that it can still be analysed. So let's try to get portable mode working.

Portable mode: it needs to be installed into a folder that you have access to, not a windows one. Them create a shortcut to the kodi.exe with, edit the properties of that shortcut to have a "target" like this

"C:\KodiVersions\Kodi 18 alpha\kodi.exe" -p

obviously using your path to kodi.exe

I'm guessing that you have put the -p in the wrong place.
(2017-07-03, 19:53)speeder212! Wrote: I couldn't figure out how to enable pocket version so I took meowmoo's advice. My images are still being cached at 200x200.
As I anticipated deleting the databases didn't help, and doesn't tell me anything I'm afraid

See my previous cross posted post!
I'll do another complete reinstall since I pretty sure I've followed my instructions to the letter. Would that be okay, I would like to know before hand.
Maybe this will help you http://kodi.wiki/view/Windows_FAQ#Portable_mode
or this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aUGWg9OKPY (randomly picked from many)

The idea is to test a completely clean installation with all default settings etc.
What @meowmoo said about not having to add and scan all your music holds too.

Poratble means I can we certain there are no old things being picked up.
Okay, after playing around with it, I got portable mode to work. The cache is still 200x200. I don't know what's happening, a clean install is still caching like that

-edit- I was looking at the debug and I'm not sure what this line means but the forum's told me .tbn is basically an image format.

14:41:49.017 T:11960 WARNING: XFILE::CFileFactory::CreateLoader - unsupported protocol(sources) in sources://music.tbn
14:42:21.855 T:4264 WARNING: Previous line repeats 4 times.

Maybe it's related
now daveblake would need a debug log to help

clean install again than go to Settings -> System -> Logging, toggle the Enable debug logging setting.

rescan the music, upload the log and post it here :>
Again? I've already given him one. That's what prompted the portable version of kodi
(2017-07-03, 20:51)meowmoo Wrote: now daveblake would need a debug log to help

clean install again than go to Settings -> System -> Logging, toggle the Enable debug logging setting.

rescan the music, upload the log and post it here :>

(2017-07-03, 21:10)speeder212! Wrote: Again? I've already given him one. That's what prompted the portable version of kodi
Yes a new log please, as @meowmoo describes with debug enabled, rescan etc...

It will be in the portable data folder from running in portable mode, of course

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Artwork Resolution Small0