• 239(current)
Release skin helper service
(2017-06-26, 18:19)Maaarv Wrote:
(2017-06-26, 12:07)Gracus Wrote:
(2017-06-26, 09:59)Maaarv Wrote: Can someone tell me please where exactly I have to put my OMDb API key?
I can't seem to find any addon settings for skin helper service in Kodi or any xml-file line that needs to be changed.

Settings/system/addons/manage dependencies

Then you will find where to put your key in the settings of "metadata and artwork module" dependency

Thanks but unfortunately I only have an entry for a fanart.tv API.
Installed the latest Skin Helper Service from Git.
Do I have to update the metadatautils separately to have it working with OMDb?
Does your menu look like post 3511?
(2017-06-28, 05:14)Edworld Wrote:
(2017-06-26, 18:19)Maaarv Wrote:
(2017-06-26, 12:07)Gracus Wrote: Settings/system/addons/manage dependencies

Then you will find where to put your key in the settings of "metadata and artwork module" dependency

Thanks but unfortunately I only have an entry for a fanart.tv API.
Installed the latest Skin Helper Service from Git.
Do I have to update the metadatautils separately to have it working with OMDb?
Does your menu look like post 3511?

No it just shows fanart.tv API
  • unRAID server
  • EmbyServer docker container
  • LibreELEC virtual machine
  • Kodi (Aeon Nox SiLVO)
hi Maaarv,

I think you use script.module.metadatautils from kodi official repo.

Install marcel beta repo.
then SHS from this repo
script.module.metadatautils should automaticly be updated to 1.0.9
Hi Marcel,

I'm using the below code in the includespvr.xml for use with the ChannelOSDExtended, but nothing is being returned. Is not possible to use Genre here?

PHP Code:
$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.Genre)] 

Also not getting any results when using below code when using in DialogFullScreenInfo.xml

PHP Code:
$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.Player.NextGenre)] 

This is quite strange because Genre for the currently playing item works fine, just not NextGenre.

I know you are a busy guy these days, but did you see my posts about manual PVR searches? Manuel searches do not appear to be possible for both TV shows and movies if API Key(s) have been entered. Remove the key(s) and I can manually search and select TV show, but not for movie. However, without TMDB API Key entered, I get no data for director, writer, genre or mpaa, so I need to apply API Key, but then I can't do any manual searches for mis-matched items.

Nothing in my custom folder is currently being picked up at all and no artwork is getting scrapped for programme items with NEW: at beginning, even when this has stripped from the title.

These are my observations over the past 6-7 days. Are these currently known issues?
As ever, any feedback will be much appreciated.
Cheers
(2017-06-28, 19:12)gates Wrote: hi Maaarv,

I think you use script.module.metadatautils from kodi official repo.

Install marcel beta repo.
then SHS from this repo
script.module.metadatautils should automaticly be updated to 1.0.9

Thanks a lot. Will give it a try
  • unRAID server
  • EmbyServer docker container
  • LibreELEC virtual machine
  • Kodi (Aeon Nox SiLVO)
I'm maintaining a fork of marcelveldt's script.skin.helper.widgets on GitHub. I modified a few widgets according to my personal preferences, and I thought I should share it if anybody else is interested.

https://github.com/patrick-klein/script....er.widgets

Here are the changes I've made:
  • Similar movies and TV Shows are sorted based on number of matching genres, then rating. Combined with the genres provided by my DVDNetflixScraper, this provides exceptionally useful recommendations.
  • Similar Movies widget will ignore watched titles by default, regardless of global options.
  • Updated get_next_episode_for_show to return the next unwatched episode AFTER the most recently watched episode. This replicates LazyTV behavior
I apologise in anticipation because I don't know if this is related to this thread: Artwork downloader is not working anymore with Movies meaning you can't see/choose Posters or Fanart anymore (it's working fine with TV shows), plus I donated to Fanart.tv , generated a personal key and copied it in the right place but when I try to start artwork downloader to search for artwork it shows "Help or donate to Fanart.tv" .... Why? Hope you can help, thanks
Running the Kodi 18.0 nightly build for RPI, when I call up the context menu from tv->recordings-><series>-><episode> and choose the 'artwork options' item, I get :

16:03:32.874 T:1405916064 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
Error Contents: 'PvrArtwork' object has no attribute 'get_pvr_channel_and_genre'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.service/resources/lib/context_pvr.py", line 27, in <module>
metadatautils.pvr_artwork_options(title, channel, genre)
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.metadatautils/lib/metadatautils.py", line 168, in pvr_artwork_options
return self.pvrart.pvr_artwork_options(title, channel, genre)
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.metadatautils/lib/helpers/pvrartwork.py", line 216, in pvr_artwork_options
channel, genre = self.get_pvr_channel_and_genre(title)
AttributeError: 'PvrArtwork' object has no attribute 'get_pvr_channel_and_genre'
-->End of Python script error report<--
16:03:33.071 T:1405916064 WARNING: CPythonInvoker(10, /storage/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.service/resources/lib/context_pvr.py): the python script "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.service/resources/lib/context_pvr.py" has left several classes in memory that we couldn't clean up. The classes include: N9XBMCAddon7xbmcgui6WindowE,N9XBMCAddon7xbmcgui6WindowE,N9XBMCAddon7xbmcgui6Wind​owE,N9XBMCAddon4xbmc7MonitorE,N9XBMCAddon4xbmc7MonitorE,N9XBMCAddon4xbmc7Monitor​E,N9XBMCAddon9xbmcaddon5AddonE,N9XBMCAddon7xbmcgui6WindowE,N9XBMCAddon4xbmc7Moni​torE,N9XBMCAddon7xbmcgui6WindowE,N9XBMCAddon9xbmcaddon5AddonE,N9XBMCAddon4xbmc7M​onitorE,N9XBMCAddon7xbmcgui6WindowE

plus the 'busy' indicator is showing, and I have to restart kodi, or reboot to be able to navigate again.
(2017-07-02, 02:06)supersaiyan3 Wrote: I'm maintaining a fork of marcelveldt's script.skin.helper.widgets on GitHub. I modified a few widgets according to my personal preferences, and I thought I should share it if anybody else is interested.

Why not submit a PR so anyone can benefit ?
This is a opensource community, we create this software by participating together ;-)
(2017-07-02, 12:46)Knight77 Wrote: I apologise in anticipation because I don't know if this is related to this thread: Artwork downloader is not working anymore with Movies meaning you can't see/choose Posters or Fanart anymore (it's working fine with TV shows), plus I donated to Fanart.tv , generated a personal key and copied it in the right place but when I try to start artwork downloader to search for artwork it shows "Help or donate to Fanart.tv" .... Why? Hope you can help, thanks

Artwork downloader is unrelated to this add-on, it's simply another add-on.
(2017-07-05, 15:46)mikeb8591 Wrote: Running the Kodi 18.0 nightly build for RPI, when I call up the context menu from tv->recordings-><series>-><episode> and choose the 'artwork options' item, I get :

16:03:32.874 T:1405916064 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--

plus the 'busy' indicator is showing, and I have to restart kodi, or reboot to be able to navigate again.

Make sure that you install all my addons either from the Kodi repo or my personal beta repo.
NOT directly from Github or some vague add-on repo.
(2017-06-28, 21:47)Dumyat Wrote: I'm using the below code in the includespvr.xml for use with the ChannelOSDExtended, but nothing is being returned. Is not possible to use Genre here?

PHP Code:
$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.Genre)] 

Also not getting any results when using below code when using in DialogFullScreenInfo.xml

PHP Code:
$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.Player.NextGenre)] 

This is quite strange because Genre for the currently playing item works fine, just not NextGenre.

Why not just use the Kodi builtin info labels ?

$INFO[VideoPlayer.Genre] and $INFO[VideoPlayer.NextGenre]

(2017-06-28, 21:47)Dumyat Wrote: I know you are a busy guy these days, but did you see my posts about manual PVR searches? Manuel searches do not appear to be possible for both TV shows and movies if API Key(s) have been entered. Remove the key(s) and I can manually search and select TV show, but not for movie. However, without TMDB API Key entered, I get no data for director, writer, genre or mpaa, so I need to apply API Key, but then I can't do any manual searches for mis-matched items.

Nothing in my custom folder is currently being picked up at all and no artwork is getting scrapped for programme items with NEW: at beginning, even when this has stripped from the title.

These are my observations over the past 6-7 days. Are these currently known issues?
As ever, any feedback will be much appreciated.
Cheers

Yeah, sorry, I've been really busy with work and the family and in between I had a lot of trouble with my Spotify add-on which needed to be updated but that didn't went as smooth as I hoped for.

Currently picking up where I left off with my skin and skin helper so I have to read a bit back.
I'm currently looking into the api key issues that were reported.
(2017-07-09, 13:41)marcelveldt Wrote: Why not just use the Kodi builtin info labels ?

$INFO[VideoPlayer.Genre] and $INFO[VideoPlayer.NextGenre]
Yeah, I wish I could, but don't think my Pvr client supports getting Genre information. Any time I use those commands or listitem.genre I just get 'Other / Unknown' returned. The strange thing is when I use skinhelper.player.genre I get genre results returned with no issue, but no results for skinhelper.player.nextgenre.
And when I use skinhelper.listitem.genre I'm getting 'Other / Unknown' at the beginning of the list, ie ('Other / Unknown/ Action / Drama / Thriller). Any ideas how I can get rid of showing (Other / Known) at the beginning of the returned results?

(2017-07-09, 13:41)marcelveldt Wrote: Yeah, sorry, I've been really busy with work and the family and in between I had a lot of trouble with my Spotify add-on which needed to be updated but that didn't went as smooth as I hoped for.

Currently picking up where I left off with my skin and skin helper so I have to read a bit back.
I'm currently looking into the api key issues that were reported.
No worries. When I saw you had a spotify addon, it actually prompted me to sign-up. Got a special deal of 99p per month for 3 months.....WooHoo, Happy Days indeed! :-)
Just quick feedback: This issue seems(?) to persist (still using beta repo version)

Accessing vars like
$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.rottentomatoes.meter)]
$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.metacritic.rating)]
$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.Rating.percent.IMDB)]

when opening DialogVideoInfo directly from library = no problems - all values are accessible!

when opening DialogVideoInfo from VideoOSD or home screen widget = _none_ of the vars are accessible/set.

Thanks again! Smile

(2017-05-01, 00:35)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2017-03-15, 20:31)axbmcuser Wrote: When opening "DialogVideoInfo.xml" from within "VideoOSD.xml" using something like this (service.library.data.provider; "single item"-functionality):
the rating values all seem empty and therefore are not shown.

This should be fixed in most recent beta of the addon.
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
(2017-07-09, 22:10)axbmcuser Wrote: Just quick feedback: This issue seems(?) to persist (still using beta repo version)

Accessing vars like
$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.rottentomatoes.meter)]
$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.metacritic.rating)]
$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.Rating.percent.IMDB)]

when opening DialogVideoInfo directly from library = no problems - all values are accessible!

when opening DialogVideoInfo from VideoOSD or home screen widget = _none_ of the vars are accessible/set.
In video osd need to use player insted of LisItem...
Code:
$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.Player.rottentomatoes.meter)]
$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.Player.metacritic.rating)]
$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.Player.Rating.percent.IMDB)]
For widget need to set in home window Property with id of your widget.
Code:
    <onload>SetProperty(SkinHelper.WidgetContainer,510)</onload>
Just tested and all working....
XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
  • 239(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
skin helper service18