• 101(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread
is there a way to make the program rename the pictures exactly as the kodi addon "art downloader', I use both but don't want duplicate images.
(2017-07-06, 03:14)abescalamis Wrote: is there a way to make the program rename the pictures exactly as the kodi addon "art downloader', I use both but don't want duplicate images.

ImageImage

Or go into expert and name then how you want
(2017-07-06, 03:36)komplex Wrote:
(2017-07-06, 03:14)abescalamis Wrote: is there a way to make the program rename the pictures exactly as the kodi addon "art downloader', I use both but don't want duplicate images.

ImageImage

Or go into expert and name then how you want

To get the exact same names like AD you have to enable the ArtworkDownloader defaults and also to add "poster.jpg" and "fanart.jpg" in expert settings.

@komplex: if you use the settings in screenshot you also have to enable "Stack <filename>", otherwise Kodi can't recognize "<filename>-fanart.jpg" and all other "<filename>-xy.ext" when the video file is multidisc.
(2017-07-06, 09:41)DanCooper Wrote: @komplex: if you use the settings in screenshot you also have to enable "Stack <filename>", otherwise Kodi can't recognize "<filename>-fanart.jpg" and all other "<filename>-xy.ext" when the video file is multidisc.

Thank you but i don't use the Kodi interface
(2017-07-06, 12:22)komplex Wrote:
(2017-07-06, 09:41)DanCooper Wrote: @komplex: if you use the settings in screenshot you also have to enable "Stack <filename>", otherwise Kodi can't recognize "<filename>-fanart.jpg" and all other "<filename>-xy.ext" when the video file is multidisc.

Thank you but i don't use the Kodi interface

Kodi needs that, not the Kodi Interface. The Kodi Interface can send ANY filename to Kodi, but Kodi recognize only stacked file names if you let Kodi scan the sources.
(2017-07-06, 12:40)DanCooper Wrote: Kodi needs that, not the Kodi Interface. The Kodi Interface can send ANY filename to Kodi, but Kodi recognize only stacked file names if you let Kodi scan the sources.

Kodi doesn't scan my sources they are add through PlexKodiConnect which i think adds poster/fanart/banner by default then https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=258886 adds the rest
On the first page of this thread it appears the Kodi sync actually works, but I can't seem to get it to work properly

Am running Kodi 17.3 and the latest Alpha link from the front page.

1. Nearly missed this, but I think there is a UX bug - If you have neglected to setup the MovieSets path but try and sync a movie set anyway both Kodi and Ember Media Manager show toasts that say the sync was okay - however the images are wiped out. If you look in the Ember log "2017-07-07 23:03:34.3617,generic.Interface.Kodi.Kodi.APIKodi,generic.Interface.Kodi.Kodi.APIKodi.GetRemotePath_MovieSet,24,ERROR,[APIKodi] [Benetton] [GetRemotePath_MovieSet]: No MovieSet Artwork path definied for this host!," is shown.

2. The "Plot" isn't transferred over to Kodi - I can't get Kodi to scrape this either - only way to get it to appear is to edit the "sets" table in the database directly.
(2017-07-08, 00:10)kevjs1982 Wrote: On the first page of this thread it appears the Kodi sync actually works, but I can't seem to get it to work properly

Am running Kodi 17.3 and the latest Alpha link from the front page.

1. Nearly missed this, but I think there is a UX bug - If you have neglected to setup the MovieSets path but try and sync a movie set anyway both Kodi and Ember Media Manager show toasts that say the sync was okay - however the images are wiped out. If you look in the Ember log "2017-07-07 23:03:34.3617,generic.Interface.Kodi.Kodi.APIKodi,generic.Interface.Kodi.Kodi.APIKodi.GetRemotePath_MovieSet,24,ERROR,[APIKodi] [Benetton] [GetRemotePath_MovieSet]: No MovieSet Artwork path definied for this host!," is shown.

2. The "Plot" isn't transferred over to Kodi - I can't get Kodi to scrape this either - only way to get it to appear is to edit the "sets" table in the database directly.

1. you have to manually set the movieset artwork path in Settings => Modules => KI => Host settings => Movieset Artwork Path = smb://SERVER/PATH
2. Movieset plot can't be synced via KI, it's still missing in Kodis JSON interface (I've reported that so many times in forum and bug tracker, but it looks like no one is willing to add it).
1. Sorry, perhaps I wasn't clear enough - ideally rather than the error being hidden in the log files while Ember and Kodi claim success it would be a better UX if Ember showed an error instead e.g. "unable to sync Movie Set Artwork - Path not set in Kodi Interface settings"

2. That explains that - do you know of any way of getting this to appear in Kodi without directly editing the database? - In Kodi itself I've tried removing the movieset from the library and refreshing all the movies within that set but that doesn't work either

As an aside - am I correct in understanding that the Kodi JSON API doesn't offer a "rescan the nfo" feature. however it offers the ability to amend certain fields directly - i.e. you can change the film title - and Ember takes advantage of the latter?
(2017-07-06, 13:28)komplex Wrote:
(2017-07-06, 12:40)DanCooper Wrote: Kodi needs that, not the Kodi Interface. The Kodi Interface can send ANY filename to Kodi, but Kodi recognize only stacked file names if you let Kodi scan the sources.

Kodi doesn't scan my sources they are add through PlexKodiConnect which i think adds poster/fanart/banner by default then https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=258886 adds the rest

This is interesting use case, if plex manages your library, do you still need to use emm to download the stuff? Just wondering...
(2017-07-08, 13:35)shwetkprabhat Wrote: This is interesting use case, if plex manages your library, do you still need to use emm to download the stuff? Just wondering...

Ember is more customizable than the Plex agents.
(2017-07-08, 08:36)kevjs1982 Wrote: 1. Sorry, perhaps I wasn't clear enough - ideally rather than the error being hidden in the log files while Ember and Kodi claim success it would be a better UX if Ember showed an error instead e.g. "unable to sync Movie Set Artwork - Path not set in Kodi Interface settings"

2. That explains that - do you know of any way of getting this to appear in Kodi without directly editing the database? - In Kodi itself I've tried removing the movieset from the library and refreshing all the movies within that set but that doesn't work either

As an aside - am I correct in understanding that the Kodi JSON API doesn't offer a "rescan the nfo" feature. however it offers the ability to amend certain fields directly - i.e. you can change the film title - and Ember takes advantage of the latter?

1. Ahh, ok, I've to check that

2. Yes, but it's a little bit complicated:
Kodi supports movieset plot in movie NFO. But the plot only will be added when Kodi has to create the set info in the database. That means only with first movie that contains the set info in NFO.
Ember can save the movieset plot in movie NFO if you enable it in Settings => Movies => Scrapers-Data => Save extended Collection informations to NFO.

First step is to rewrite all movie NFOs for movies they have a set. ATM there is no function to do that, but each movie NFO will be rewrite if you change/save a movieset. So the easiest way is to rescrape all moviesets, maybe with option NFO only (select all moviesets => Context Menu => Rescrape Selected => NFO only).

Next step is to remove all movies that have a movieset from Kodi DB. You can sort the movies by the column "Part of a MovieSet", select all that have a green flag and use Context Menu => Kodi Interface => Remove. Now the movies are no longer in Kodi's database, but the movieset entries are still there. Now you have to cleanup the Kodi DB to remove the empty movieset entries also. You can do that via Kodi or Tools => Kodi Interface => Clean Database.

Last step is to resync all movies that be in a movieset. Again select all movies with a green flag in "Part of a MovieSet" column and use Context Menu => Kodi Interface => Sync.

One problem will still existing:
Ember does not scrape the movieset plot while scraping a new movie. That means the NFO will be created and added to Kodi before you have the chance to scrape the movieset plot. That means new movies with NEW moviesets will be added to Kodi without a plot in NFO. But that is something that I will fix now for the next release.
Hello DanCooper,

Thanks for all the effort in maintaining Ember Media Manager! It's really an essential tool for Kodi!

I'm running Kodi 17.3 on my Intel NUC with Windows 8.1 (x64). I noticed that some audio and video icons were missing in Kodi until I played the video file.

After a little experimenting, these are the changes I made in Ember so that the mapped codec matched to an icon without needing playback first:

Settings --> Miscellaneous --> Audio Video Codec Mapping

Audio:
Code:
Mediainfo Codec | Mapped Codec
A_EAC3          | eac3
A_TRUEHD        | truehd
A_FLAC          | flac

Video:
Code:
V_MPEG2         | mpeg2video

I apologize if this info has already been presented earlier in the thread, but I couldn't find it. If this is added to the main build, the following PNG files will also need to be added to the Ember installation folder (Ember Media Manager BETA\Images\Flags):

acodec_eac3.png
vcodec_mpeg2video.png

Unrelated, but Ember is also missing an icon for PCM, which maps correctly on its own:

acodec_pcm.png

Thanks!
(2017-07-08, 17:39)KevinSartori Wrote: Hello DanCooper,

Thanks for all the effort in maintaining Ember Media Manager! It's really an essential tool for Kodi!

I'm running Kodi 17.3 on my Intel NUC with Windows 8.1 (x64). I noticed that some audio and video icons were missing in Kodi until I played the video file.

After a little experimenting, these are the changes I made in Ember so that the mapped codec matched to an icon without needing playback first:

Audio:
Code:
A_EAC3          | eac3
A_TRUEHD        | truehd
A_FLAC          | flac

Video:
Code:

I apologize if this info has already been presented earlier in the thread, but I couldn't find it. If this is added to the main build, the following PNG files will also need to be added to the Ember installation folder (Ember Media Manager BETA\Images\Flags):

acodec_eac3.png
vcodec_mpeg2video.png

Unrelated, but Ember is also missing an icon for PCM, which maps correctly on its own:

acodec_pcm.png

Thanks!

Try the latest from github https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=316733 reload all mapped codecs (also recheck settings) and those you have missing are there
(2017-07-08, 17:39)KevinSartori Wrote: Hello DanCooper,

Audio:
Code:
A_EAC3          | eac3
A_TRUEHD        | truehd
A_FLAC          | flac

Video:
Code:

acodec_eac3.png
vcodec_mpeg2video.png

acodec_pcm.png

Thanks!

Hi. Thank you for this information.
I've reworked most of all icons/flags for next release and also add all new HD audio mappings. You can check that in latest source code: Audio / Video / Videosource / Icons

Looks like these one are still missing and I will add it:
A_FLAC
V_MPEG2
PCM

If you've any sample files or know a place to download it: send me a PM :-)
  • 101(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread2