• 19(current)
Win FrontView+ -Info for 2nd Screen - iMon replacement
Looks good. Is it possible to have two lines for long title names becaus if there are long names the font is small again and date, time, artist and album title could also be bigger.
HTPC: Windows 10 Pro 22H2, Zalman HD135, Intel i3-7100, GTX 1070, UHD ASUS BW-16D1HT
NAS: Xpenology 7.2 Update 1, Intel i5-6600
(2017-07-05, 12:28)tehax Wrote: Looks good. Is it possible to have two lines for long title names becaus if there are long names the font is small again and date, time, artist and album title could also be bigger.

No can't have two lines - won't resize.

The usual time size, title size sliders changes all still affect the size.

I'll be surprised if maximised the All size slider anything is to small! Would suggest you keep playing with it

Sent from my iPhone
No problem. I mean small only for long title names. Thanks.
HTPC: Windows 10 Pro 22H2, Zalman HD135, Intel i3-7100, GTX 1070, UHD ASUS BW-16D1HT
(2017-07-05, 12:39)tehax Wrote: No problem. I mean small only for long title names. Thanks.

I understand - can't really change the size for ever possible length name. You can adjust manually for ever song - but that would not seem sensible.

Fanart wise:
Seems to be working fine for Kodi Library items at my end.
&
I noticed here on your original :
http://imgur.com/a/4j3SM

Post that fanart is displayed?

Is it working correctly with Library items?

Glenn
I am using estuary mod v17 which can handle fanart. I don't understand your questions. When playing from kodi music library or from spotify i get no fanarts from current artist only cover. When i activate music fanart rotation i get only random fanarts.
(2017-07-06, 08:52)tehax Wrote: I am using estuary mod v17 which can handle fanart. I don't understand your questions. When playing from kodi music library or from spotify i get no fanarts from current artist only cover. When i activate music fanart rotation i get only random fanarts.

I am meaning FrontView fanart/background.

Fanart that I mean - is the background image in Frontview when music is played.

The slideshow of fanart is different - and that only works if you have downloaded with cdart artist images prior. (Kodi only sends one fanart image - hence no way to have slideshow)

If you look at your image above in imgur - it has fanart displayed. I presume this a library music file?

I should add that Frontview will also use cdart.png for the NowPlaying thumb for local files if available. cdArt Manager automates the download for this as well.

Glenn
The displayed fanart coms from random music fanarts and does not belong to current music artist. As far as i know cdart is mainly used for lokal stored music but can not handle spotify content.
(2017-07-06, 10:28)tehax Wrote: The displayed fanart coms from random music fanarts and does not belong to current music artist. As far as i know cdart is mainly used for lokal stored music but can not handle spotify content.

Not sure you followed question

Sent from my iPhone
Sorry, yes fanarts comes from my folder artistfanart which is also linked in settings file under FanartDirectoryMusic.
(2017-07-06, 12:01)tehax Wrote: Sorry, yes fanarts comes from my folder artistfanart which is also linked in settings file under FanartDirectoryMusic.

It actually seems to be everything is working as expected - I probably need photos to help explain; and will add when can/on desktop.

A Slideshow of fanart will and can only occur if you have downloaded images with cdartmanager for the artist.

Glenn
Ok:

Fanart:
Has two meanings which I think is where we are falling down here:

1. It is the slidescreen of images (eg. extrafanart)

This will show a slideshow of the artist during playback... like this; fullscreen with no info..

To enable this for Music need to turn off the Current Now Playing screen:
TURN OFF

&
Need to download Artists details to your music folder:
Format:
Music Source\artistName\extrafanart

CD Art Manager does this for you.

(Frontview will also use th cdart.png that CDArt downloads per album)

Fanart - also means the backdrop

For example the cat picture.

This Image depends on this image being sent from Kodi/available.
It is available for most plugins - and if not, can be fairly easily added to the plugin code/upgraded.
Google Music Plugin - sends the fanart out:

For example this:
Playing - Song playing/streaming using Google Music from Kodi (backdrop/fanart is shown/present)

Hope with this understanding we can clarify what is working not.

Glenn
Update to Version 1.266

Latest updates bring dpi awareness and scaling and customisable sizing for all screens.
(enables complete customisation at any screen size)

- DPI Aware/Scales properly
- ALL Size - slider for changing the size of everything
- Kodi remote: If fanart entry is blank will use the thumbnail (can add setting to turn on/off - but looks better than default in my testing)

What are these changes do you say?

The Below ALL Size slider changes the interior Scaling of Frontview - ever screen's scaling is changed.

This allows you to have tiny tiny text and huge artwork or huge text, obscuring most of the artwork:

For example : (All these screen sizes are at 1024x768)

Lets make the screen as tiny as possible:
(the setting screen updates immediately to new size)

& All other screens are also resized:
Now Playing screen: (again all screen sizes are 1024x768)

And if we turn up ALL Size to maximum (we lose some of the settings screen...)

Now Playing screen: (again all screen sizes are 1024x768)

All screens change including - Movie/TV and Time/Weather starting screen:

Get it with 1.266 package:

https://github.com/Ghawken/FrontView/releases

Glenn
Yes, don't know what you done but now i am getting correct fanart to current playing artist. Size slider works very good. Spotify fanart like cover but looks good.
I am using estuary mod v17. May you can get running fanarts when playing music to frontview.
Beside this great work. Thank you.

Edit: For live tv my fanart background is channel logo in big. Is this the same thing as with spotify fanart?
(2017-07-09, 11:20)tehax Wrote: Beside this great work. Thank you.

Edit: For live tv my fanart background is channel logo in big. Is this the same thing as with spotify fanart?
Great.

Has the Live TV fanart changed?

Sent from my iPhone
No, i still have all time the same tv cannel logo as fanart. Nothing changed.
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FrontView+ -Info for 2nd Screen - iMon replacement3