• 159(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)
(2017-07-11, 22:35)popcornmix Wrote:
(2017-07-11, 21:06)Aux_ Wrote: I have disabled the spectrum visualisation, I restart the RPi, start the first channel from the channel list, unfortunately kodi immediately crash...

The crash is occurring here:
Code:
#0  0x65206af0 in kodi::addon::CAddonBase::ADDONBASE_Destroy() () from /storage/.kodi/addons/visualization.spectrum/visualization.spectrum.so.2.0.1
so it looks like spectrum visualisation is enabled. If you play music do you see a visualisation and does it crash?
Can you try going to my add-ons and disabling visualisation.spectrum from there?

I have removed the "visualization.spectrum" now seems to work, no crashes at the moment.
Will new "visualization.spectrum" come?

Thanks @popcornmix
[3x RPi3]#[ AV Receiver - Marantz NR1506 ]#[ TV Panasonic TX-50EXW784 ]#[ NAS - OMV 4.1.xx (Arrakis) @ NanoPI M4 ]#[ Nextcloud 17.0.3 @ ODROID C2 ]
(2017-07-12, 14:54)Aux_ Wrote: I have removed the "visualization.spectrum" now seems to work, no crashes at the moment.
Will new "visualization.spectrum" come?

@Milhouse is visualization.spectrum the latest build?
(2017-07-12, 14:10)canadagolffan Wrote: iperf results with a 8812au is giving me 250+ mbps on an wireless AC connection. (same as 8.0.3)

What is "8.0.3"? Official LibreELEC has only released 8.0.2.

(2017-07-12, 14:10)canadagolffan Wrote: Unfortunalely, its hanging while playing a video every minute or so, but nothing in the kodi.log file or even in dmesg! When it 'hangs', ssh is also unresponsive, but will come back after a few seconds. This was playing ~20mbps h264 mkv.

Is this with #0710 or #0711?

I switched (again) to a different repo in #0711, although the changes compared with #0710 shouldn't be significant.

Presumably #0709 (and official 8.0.2) doesn't hang in this way?

(2017-07-12, 14:10)canadagolffan Wrote: 8.0.3 with 8812AU filled dmesg with messages (sorry, dont have them handy, but can post them later if you want)

On 8.0.3, if I forced 8812au just to use wireless N over 5ghz it worked fine, but on AC 8.0.3 would basically hang the pi after 3-4 minutes of video playback. There was a post on some other forums (cant find it at the moment) which described the exact problem and fix, cant find it, but if I do, I'll edit the post.

edit: https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/6133-r...#post47796 thats the thread! and as stated in the post, 7.0.x worked fine for me with 8812au on AC just fine.

If need anything else, let me know.

Heres a debug log of about 3 minutes of it playing or so;

in 12:42 and 12:43 there were pauses.

http://sprunge.us/ZCKU

edit: iwconfig if you care

Code:
wlan0     IEEE 802.11  ESSID:"myap"  
          Mode:Managed  Frequency:5.765 GHz  Access Point: somehexstuff  
          Bit Rate=867 Mb/s   Tx-Power=12 dBm  
          Retry short limit:7   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
          Encryption key:off
          Power Management:off
          Link Quality=70/70  Signal level=-36 dBm  
          Rx invalid nwid:0  Rx invalid crypt:0  Rx invalid frag:0
          Tx excessive retries:0  Invalid misc:0   Missed beacon:0

So what you're saying is, since 8.0.x the rtl8812au driver has been crap, and continues to be crap? How does #0711 perform if you force N, any better/worse?

It's unlikely we'll get any bug fixes, to be honest - I was just hoping this new driver worked at least as well as the older driver in #0709, and it appears it does: badly.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2017-07-12, 15:12)popcornmix Wrote: @Milhouse is visualization.spectrum the latest build?

Apparently it needed a rebuild - I've pushed a new #0711 version for RPi/RPi2/Generic.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2017-07-11, 21:56)Potze Wrote: btw.: I sill miss the .rar support.

I've uploaded vfs.rar in the addons section - it builds, no idea if it works.
I can access the settings of Youtube addon. Why does not it work with the login. With Kodi 17.3 the login has worked. Since Kodi 18 the login no longer works.

Can someone here look?

Greetings Cosmicbase
(2017-07-12, 15:58)Milhouse Wrote:
(2017-07-12, 14:10)canadagolffan Wrote: iperf results with a 8812au is giving me 250+ mbps on an wireless AC connection. (same as 8.0.3)

What is "8.0.3"? Official LibreELEC has only released 8.0.2.

(2017-07-12, 14:10)canadagolffan Wrote: Unfortunalely, its hanging while playing a video every minute or so, but nothing in the kodi.log file or even in dmesg! When it 'hangs', ssh is also unresponsive, but will come back after a few seconds. This was playing ~20mbps h264 mkv.

Is this with #0710 or #0711?

I switched (again) to a different repo in #0711, although the changes compared with #0710 shouldn't be significant.

Presumably #0709 (and official 8.0.2) doesn't hang in this way?

(2017-07-12, 14:10)canadagolffan Wrote: 8.0.3 with 8812AU filled dmesg with messages (sorry, dont have them handy, but can post them later if you want)

On 8.0.3, if I forced 8812au just to use wireless N over 5ghz it worked fine, but on AC 8.0.3 would basically hang the pi after 3-4 minutes of video playback. There was a post on some other forums (cant find it at the moment) which described the exact problem and fix, cant find it, but if I do, I'll edit the post.

edit: https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/6133-r...#post47796 thats the thread! and as stated in the post, 7.0.x worked fine for me with 8812au on AC just fine.

If need anything else, let me know.

Heres a debug log of about 3 minutes of it playing or so;

in 12:42 and 12:43 there were pauses.

http://sprunge.us/ZCKU

edit: iwconfig if you care

Code:
wlan0     IEEE 802.11  ESSID:"myap"  
          Mode:Managed  Frequency:5.765 GHz  Access Point: somehexstuff  
          Bit Rate=867 Mb/s   Tx-Power=12 dBm  
          Retry short limit:7   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
          Encryption key:off
          Power Management:off
          Link Quality=70/70  Signal level=-36 dBm  
          Rx invalid nwid:0  Rx invalid crypt:0  Rx invalid frag:0
          Tx excessive retries:0  Invalid misc:0   Missed beacon:0

So what you're saying is, since 8.0.x the rtl8812au driver has been crap, and continues to be crap? How does #0711 perform if you force N, any better/worse?

It's unlikely we'll get any bug fixes, to be honest - I was just hoping this new driver worked at least as well as the older driver in #0709, and it appears it does: badly.

My bad with saying 8.0.3, no idea why I thought the version was that, if course I mean 8.0.2.

After 15 minutes of a forced N connection, i have not seen one hang/pause yet, so yes I would say forcing N still works good. And on forced N 5ghz i still get ~100mbps on iperf tests to my nfs server, so its still good enough for my means.

And Yes, I would say since after 7.0.x, the 8812au AC part has been bugged.

The version Im using is 711, note Im not that familiar with the betas and what not, this is the first one Ive tried, but seeing as you wanted some comment on this particular wifi usb chip, thats why I installed it.
(2017-07-12, 16:15)Milhouse Wrote:
(2017-07-12, 15:12)popcornmix Wrote: @Milhouse is visualization.spectrum the latest build?

Apparently it needed a rebuild - I've pushed a new #0711 version for RPi/RPi2/Generic.

Many thanks guys, all works very well.
The switching times at PVR are also faster :-)
[3x RPi3]#[ AV Receiver - Marantz NR1506 ]#[ TV Panasonic TX-50EXW784 ]#[ NAS - OMV 4.1.xx (Arrakis) @ NanoPI M4 ]#[ Nextcloud 17.0.3 @ ODROID C2 ]
(2017-07-12, 16:39)canadagolffan Wrote: My bad with saying 8.0.3, no idea why I thought the version was that, if course I mean 8.0.2.

Phew thanks, thought it might have been something else... Smile

(2017-07-12, 16:39)canadagolffan Wrote: After 15 minutes of a forced N connection, i have not seen one hang/pause yet, so yes I would say forcing N still works good. And on forced N 5ghz i still get ~100mbps on iperf tests to my nfs server, so its still good enough for my means.

And Yes, I would say since after 7.0.x, the 8812au AC part has been bugged.

The version Im using is 711, note Im not that familiar with the betas and what not, this is the first one Ive tried, but seeing as you wanted some comment on this particular wifi usb chip, thats why I installed it.

Unfortunately these Realtek drivers are pretty poorly supported. In fact, they're mostly supported by the wider open source community rather than Realtek and the current rtl8812au repository we have been using until recently now appears to be dead and no longer maintained, hence why I've been scrabbling around trying to find a different repository in the last few days - the zebulon2 and paspro repositories looked promising, particularly as they seemed to be using a more recent driver (but apparently it still doesn't fix AC).

If LE8+ and these builds work with rtl8812au reliably on N only that's probably about as good as it's going to get unless there are any dramatic improvements in driver support (ie. new driver, or an AC bug fix). With an actively supported repository that's more likely than one that is dead.

Thanks for testing and reporting!
(2017-07-11, 21:29)Potze Wrote: I have the RPi 3 and the newest updates ( amazon VOB + 0710 ).
It doesn't make an differenz if I have the resutions ( both ) ant max or 720, I got heavy lags in an Amazon prime video.

When i enable the omxplayer hardware acceleration and the mmal, I get an green screen in amazon.
Without omx and with mmal: lag.
Without omx and without mmal: lag.
With omx and without mmal: green.

What is my mistake?

mmal enabled, omx disabled should be correct.
Is the inputstream.adaptive stream selection set to automatic or manual? What resolution does it choose? (press "O" while playing for info)
My guess would be you have stream selection set to manual and didn't choose a lower quality, so it tries to play 1080p.
(2017-07-12, 17:44)Milhouse Wrote: Unfortunately these Realtek drivers are pretty poorly supported. In fact, they're mostly supported by the wider open source community rather than Realtek and the current rtl8812au repository we have been using until recently now appears to be dead and no longer maintained, hence why I've been scrabbling around trying to find a different repository in the last few days - the zebulon2 and paspro repositories looked promising, particularly as they seemed to be using a more recent driver (but apparently it still doesn't fix AC).

If LE8+ and these builds work with rtl8812au reliably on N only that's probably about as good as it's going to get unless there are any dramatic improvements in driver support (ie. new driver, or an AC bug fix). With an actively supported repository that's more likely than one that is dead.

Thanks for testing and reporting!

Thank you (and the rest of the team and anyone else involved) for all that you guys do. Probably a thousand+ lurkers like myself that have been using kodi on the pi for years.

If you come across a new driver or anything, Im reading this thread now, so I'll help out whenever I can. Smile
(2017-07-12, 16:39)Cosmicbase Wrote: I can access the settings of Youtube addon. Why does not it work with the login. With Kodi 17.3 the login has worked. Since Kodi 18 the login no longer works.

Can someone here look?

Greetings Cosmicbase

same problem here. reverting to version 6-30 and reinstalling the youtube plugin (with deletion of user data) works for me.
If I want to connect to the PC via smb I get errors : Log :

19:20:04.337 T:1472197536 ERROR: SMBDirectory->GetDirectory: Unable to open directory : 'smb://WORKGROUP/'
unix_err:'16' error : 'Invalid argument'

If I enter the IP address manually the connection is made with the PC ( Windows 10 ) but , is ok.
(2017-07-12, 22:00)zoo42 Wrote: same problem here. reverting to version 6-30 and reinstalling the youtube plugin (with deletion of user data) works for me.

A debug log (wiki) from a failing version would help. Is #0630 the last working version?
(2017-07-12, 22:07)Malocher Wrote: If I want to connect to the PC via smb I get errors : Log :

19:20:04.337 T:1472197536 ERROR: SMBDirectory->GetDirectory: Unable to open directory : 'smb://WORKGROUP/'
unix_err:'16' error : 'Invalid argument'

If I enter the IP address manually the connection is made with the PC ( Windows 10 ) but , is ok.

Anonymous access is not working, so configure a password in passwords.xml.
  • 159(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)24