• 91(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)
(2017-07-15, 00:13)Milhouse Wrote: The LibreELEC Retroplayer repository has been updated with compatible addons for anyone that wishes to give them a go.

Which one? Had tried to install ScummVM -> no chance. Tried to install Libretro Compatibility -> no chance
Milhouse,

pls consider including in your build workaround patch
https://trac.kodi.tv/attachment/ticket/1...w-wh.patch
for issue https://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/17516, at least until it's fixed properly.
(2017-07-15, 11:35)qwerty0987654321 Wrote: Milhouse,

pls consider including in your build workaround patch
https://trac.kodi.tv/attachment/ticket/1...w-wh.patch
for issue https://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/17516, at least until it's fixed properly.

Would really appreciate that too.
I'd rather not include patches that aren't pushed (ie. don't exist as a pull request - if you do that, then you can have a conversation with the developers about the fix), and I'm also not keen on patches that are hacks as that just results in even less support for these builds.

I will however include it in a one-off test build, then you can give feedback on the ticket or progress with a pull request.

Build #0714x: Generic
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #0715: Generic
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux NUC 4.12.1 #1 SMP Sat Jul 15 21:07:32 BST 2017 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse): devel-20170715210452-#0715-g5c0e758 [Build #0715]

# Kodi version
(18.0-ALPHA1 Git:734cda1). Platform: Linux x86 64-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (5c0e7588, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (430e512e, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. inputstream.adaptive: Fix ism / widevine pssh generation
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • reduce $DEVICE complexity (PR:1778, 3 commits, 3 files changed)
    • netbsd-curses: update to 4c156be (PR:1749, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • scripts/create_addon: fix debug_strip (PR:1794, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • addons: docker moby source dir fixup (PR:1797, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • VideoPlayer: flush renderer on channel switch (PR:12472, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Bump gtest to 1.8.0 (PR:12467, 1 commit, 84 files changed)
    • RFC: [droid] translate to ascii for sorting (PR:12268, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
    • [Android] Map SL/SR channels to BL/BR for audiotrack (#12503) (430e512e)
  3. inputstream.adaptive:
  4. peripheral.joystick:
    • [settings] Use "list" instead of "spinner" type (PR:119, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
0715 build just corrupted my Chromebox.Went from 0703 which was working fine. What is the best way to get LibeELEC back on my Chromebox?
Corrupted...how? No longer boots? Or you lost all your settings...or?

If you need to restore an older build manually, boot using the LE USB stick and copy the KERNEL and SYSTEM files from the USB device to your /flash (or extract the files from a tar file and copy them)
Corrupt in that it starts to boot and shows the LibreELEC splash for a a split second and then disappears. All I see is an arrow mouse cursor on a black screen.

How do I force it to load from the USB? Also, if launch LE USB it will know to put the update on the internal drive?
You don't need to do any of that as your system is not "corrupt" - all that is happening is Kodi is crashing, possibly because of an add-on or Settings library conflict. You should still have network access, and ssh so long as you didn't leave it disabled (which you should never do when using a test build). What would be nice is for you to upload your crashlog to a pastebin site and post the link (failing that, upload the latest zip from your samba Logfiles folder and paste a link) so that we might be able to fix whatever the issue is.

You can down downgrade by copying a tar file into the samba Update folder and rebooting.
Milhouse, thank you so much for your help.

I cannot access the Samba share however I can access via SSH. What is the path for me to drop the SYSTEM and KERNEL files? Sorry, I've never had to do this. If I can get this working. I might revert back to reproduce the error for you but I know I have a bunch of crap add-ons from the early days.

Thanks in advance,
-Darren
Copy the entire tar file into /storage/.update folder and reboot
Milhouse. I owe you a beer. It worked and now it is loading fine. We have movie night tonight but tomorrow I will revert it back and upload the logs. What should I turn on before updating to capture whatever is causing the issue? I know I have many unsanctioned add-ons which 99% I don't use anymore but if you still want the logs I can get them to you.

Thanks for all the help.
-Darren
If you've got "banned" add-ons it's probably best to get rid of them first - that will probably fix the issue. I think OpenVPN Manager might be causing a problem, so delete that as the author has no plans to fix it until Kodi 18 is released. If it's still crashing then upload the crashlog as detailed in the first post, note #4.
OpenVPN is the last add-on I added so that wouldn't surprise me. I'll remove it and update again and see if I have better luck.

-Darren
please delete.
  • 91(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)24