• 93(current)
Release CinemaVision: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
(2017-07-07, 21:49)Karellen Wrote:
Quote:My only gripe is Kodi and the Artwork Downloader add-on haven't been merged and use 2 different naming conventions to operate

Hello Charger Hellcat

Can you elaborate on that statement? What are the two naming conventions?

Artwork Downloade uses extra artwork naming like it handles fanart and poster artwork. Filename-fanart/-poster.

Kodi uses basic file names. clearart.png logo.png disc.png.

Kodi can not, by default, scrape and use extra artwork. You need the Artwork Downloader add-on to do this. However, if you scrape a new movie and then manually edit the artwork you can add the extra artwork directly through Kodi if you've got the files saved locally. But they need to be named the Kodi way.

If you run a batch Artwork Downloader function to scan the entire library for "missing" artwork then any extra artwork must be named the AD way.

It's silly that most of the extra artworks are not a built in part of Kodi to begin with. All you need is the option to turn them on and off the same way AD gives you options. And that the 2 parts of the same program can't communicate together and use the same naming is just dumb.

Again I personally curate my entire library and ensure all the files I want to use are in the proper directory before I ever scrape anything into Kodi.
Quote:Artwork Downloade uses extra artwork naming like it handles fanart and poster artwork. Filename-fanart/-poster.

Kodi uses basic file names. clearart.png logo.png disc.png.
Actually both Kodi and the Artwork Downloader adjust their naming scheme depending upon your directory structure.
See here... http://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_artwork

And for TV Shows, they both use the same naming convention... http://kodi.wiki/view/TV-Show_artwork

Quote:Kodi can not, by default, scrape and use extra artwork. You need the Artwork Downloader add-on to do this
Correct. I am sure there is some development reason behind that. I am not aware of it though. It is a skin function via Artwork Downloader, and the default skin does not use extra fanart. I suppose look at it as an optional extra Smile

Quote:However, if you scrape a new movie and then manually edit the artwork you can add the extra artwork directly through Kodi if you've got the files saved locally. But they need to be named the Kodi way.
Not sure what you mean here. Are you saying that Kodi will use all the extra fanart? or are you saying that you can manually select one extra fanart image and use it as the default fanart image for the movie?

Quote:If you run a batch Artwork Downloader function to scan the entire library for "missing" artwork then any extra artwork must be named the AD way.
See my first comment
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Your first comment isn't correct. Only AD uses the basic naming convention in a clean simple folder configuration.

If you scrape a movie with extra art named the Kodi way (filename-artwork.png) and if you have already installed, configured and run AD at least once on your system then in the options for that movie you can select the extra fanart. It pulls from the Kodi naming convention so if you have just clearart.png in your folder and scrape then Kodi can't detect the extra artwork on it's scrape and only AD can find it locally if you run a batch AD "download".

I just did this to prove it to myself with the newest movie added to my library. Put the Kodi named extra art in the folder, scraped and then used the Kodi artwork selection options to "activate" the extra art.

If I'd had the Kodi named file in the folder and scraped then run AD it wouldn't have found the extra art. So you still need to have both options in order to use the quick Kodi import or to run a full AD import. It's annoying and comes from AD not wanting to use the format that Kodi does, which is the same format Kodi uses for fanart and posters already.

Your link shows that to use the (proper) Kodi naming you'd have to put all your files in 1 massive folder. That's cluttered and unorganized to a massive degree. Plus if AD can read the Kodi naming in that manner, why not use it in ALL directory structures? All the files in a folder for a single movie shoul follow the same naming convention. Same name for the file and the nfo, same name with -xxxx for the artwork/trailer/etc. Simple and easy, clean and consistent.
Has CinemaVision got a beta for Kodi18 yet? Thanks. N

Sent from my Nexus 6
(2017-07-08, 17:14)nick w Wrote: Has CinemaVision got a beta for Kodi18 yet? Thanks. N

Sent from my Nexus 6 (typie typie)

No sir. We won't begin working on a version that will work with Kodi 18 until Kodi 18 is in beta.
Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Trivia Slides, Video Bumpers, Ratings Bumpers, Audio Format Bumpers and more...

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
@Ragnarok

Can the CinemaVision itunes scraper be updated to ignore item types "Featurette*" and "Clip*"?

Apple has plenty of random clips and behind the scenes type of material these days, and sometimes I get 3 out 4 trailers to be random clips. I took a look at the python scraper on github but unfortunately it is a bit over my head. I noticed that it recognizes items marked as "clip" but they don't seem to be filtered out.

Thanks
(2017-07-12, 20:12)aptalca Wrote: @Ragnarok

Can the CinemaVision itunes scraper be updated to ignore item types "Featurette*" and "Clip*"?

Apple has plenty of random clips and behind the scenes type of material these days, and sometimes I get 3 out 4 trailers to be random clips. I took a look at the python scraper on github but unfortunately it is a bit over my head. I noticed that it recognizes items marked as "clip" but they don't seem to be filtered out.

Thanks

That's actually in the latest development release that's available on the CinemaVision website. To be sure the clips clear out, it's a good idea to reset your content database and do a content update to scrape the trailers back in. Let me know if it's not working as expected.

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
I've just uploaded a new development version that includes support for ratings and Kodi tags in conditional sequences. Let me know if you all have any issues!

Maybe I'm missing something but in the add-on configure do you not set the default 2D and 3D sequences?

Also, any modules that are set as directories which are Windows SMB network locations do not work at all. Only default CV folder structure modules work.

Can't test the sequence conditions because the condition I want to be met would direct to a specific file in a folder that's not a part of the default CV folder structure (even though it's a nested folder in the CV default root system).

It seems some of the function that was working in CV before just doesn't now. Not sure when this happened or why. When having multiple instances of Kodi having all the CV content in a single networked location makes the most sense.

And my obvious question, if using tags to trigger specific sequences is possible is it also possible to make these conditions based on tags a part of individual modules? If tag(xxx) exists play, if not then skip?
(2017-07-16, 07:23)Charger Hellcat Wrote: Maybe I'm missing something but in the add-on configure do you not set the default 2D and 3D sequences?

You can do that, yes. If you don't set those, CinemaVision will use the default 2D/3D sequences that we ship the product with, and if no sequence matches an active conditional sequence, CinemaVision will fall back to the default sequences and use them to play the content instead.

(2017-07-16, 07:23)Charger Hellcat Wrote: Also, any modules that are set as directories which are Windows SMB network locations do not work at all. Only default CV folder structure modules work.

Can't test the sequence conditions because the condition I want to be met would direct to a specific file in a folder that's not a part of the default CV folder structure (even though it's a nested folder in the CV default root system).

It seems some of the function that was working in CV before just doesn't now. Not sure when this happened or why. When having multiple instances of Kodi having all the CV content in a single networked location makes the most sense.

I just set up an SMB share, added it as a source in Kodi File Manager, set my Content path to point to that share, and everything worked just fine. I was able to play content in the SMB share successfully from a non-standard directory. Make sure you've added the SMB share as a source in Kodi File Manager. Beyond that, I'm going to need a full debug log to figure out what's going on here.

(2017-07-16, 07:23)Charger Hellcat Wrote: And my obvious question, if using tags to trigger specific sequences is possible is it also possible to make these conditions based on tags a part of individual modules? If tag(xxx) exists play, if not then skip?

Not yet, but that is on our roadmap after several other enhancements are completed. That's something we'll be adding into the Command Module to allow you to skip other modules.

I'm not sure what is going on then. My CV folder is set up as an SMB share in Kodi file manager. The CV sequence files are stored there. All of the modules point to folders on the same SMB drive. Only the default CV modules based on default CV folders will play. My trailers, in their own SMB directory, will not. The database trailers will not. Any module created that points to a SMB folder for content does not. This includes things like THX bumpers, commercials and the new module I'm trying to create to test with the conditional sequences.

I do see now how having tag support in the sequences can likely do most of what I'm hoping to be able with. Just can't get it to work so I can test and mess around is the problem now. Happy you took the suggestion to add tag support.

1 thing though, when selecting a tag from a list the list comes up in a very random order. When there's hundreds of tags in your library scrolling through them all randomly to find 1 is a pain. Can this be formatted into alphabetical order?

Also, I still don't see where you set the default 2D and 3D sequences anymore. I'm confusedHuh

I just tried it on a second Kodi install, this time the local PC where all the SMB directories are although CV sequences still point to the SMB locations. All the same issues. Combing through the sequence there are even CV default modules that do not work.
(2017-07-16, 18:42)Charger Hellcat Wrote: I'm not sure what is going on then. My CV folder is set up as an SMB share in Kodi file manager. The CV sequence files are stored there. All of the modules point to folders on the same SMB drive. Only the default CV modules based on default CV folders will play. My trailers, in their own SMB directory, will not. The database trailers will not. Any module created that points to a SMB folder for content does not. This includes things like THX bumpers, commercials and the new module I'm trying to create to test with the conditional sequences.

Try creating a new sequence and pointing to the content, and see if that works. It's possible that somewhere along the way the sequence got corrupted being that you have several different devices reading from and writing to the same sequence, but I'm not sure. I'd need a debug log to see what's going on.

(2017-07-16, 18:42)Charger Hellcat Wrote: I do see now how having tag support in the sequences can likely do most of what I'm hoping to be able with. Just can't get it to work so I can test and mess around is the problem now. Happy you took the suggestion to add tag support.

1 thing though, when selecting a tag from a list the list comes up in a very random order. When there's hundreds of tags in your library scrolling through them all randomly to find 1 is a pain. Can this be formatted into alphabetical order?

Always happy to take suggestions for new features or enhancements. Absolutely that's possible. We'll sort the list alphabetically in the next development release. Right now, the list is sorted showing the latest tags at the top. Everything else is sorted alphabetically, so it just makes sense. In the meantime, I'd recommend using SHIFT+<LETTER_ON_YOUR_KEYBOARD> to navigate the tags list.

(2017-07-16, 18:42)Charger Hellcat Wrote: Also, I still don't see where you set the default 2D and 3D sequences anymore. I'm confusedHuh

You'll find that in the CinemaVision Add-on Settings with all of the global defaults. There are a few ways to get there.
  • Open the Sequence Editor by running CinemaVision
  • Press C on your keyboard to bring up the context menu
  • Choose Add-on Settings at the top of the list
  • Open your Add-ons list
  • Highlight CinemaVision and press C on your keyboard to bring up the context menu
  • Choose Settings at the top of the list

(2017-07-16, 18:42)Charger Hellcat Wrote: I just tried it on a second Kodi install, this time the local PC where all the SMB directories are although CV sequences still point to the SMB locations. All the same issues. Combing through the sequence there are even CV default modules that do not work.

It's possible that the Sequence has become corrupt due to multiple systems reading/writing to the same sequences. I would recommend only allowing one "master" Kodi to write to the SMB share, and only allowing the others to read from the share. I'm going to do some testing and see if I can create the same behavior you're seeing. Ideally, I think a central store for CinemaVision content on a network with multiple HTPCs makes sense. No reason to duplicate the content on each machine. We'll figure out how best to make that work and put up a guide for it on the website.

There's a certain irony in that I just installed my new Epson 3100 1080p/3D projector a few weeks ago and I can finally utilize 3D in Kodi and CinemaVision only to find out that save a few Windows platforms, there's not much out there in the way of MVC hardware decoding for true 1080p 3D so the best I could do from Kodi is convert to Side-By-Side and lose half my horizontal resolution in the process. I'm using a new PS4 for now and watching off the Blu-Rays instead to keep full resolution (hating the forced previews and other crap already and no CinemaVision bumpers. That part sucks.

I guess I need a HTPC that supports MVC, but even then I don't think I have enough reliable bandwidth to send uncompressed MKVs of the 3D Blu-Rays over my home network (I get 60Mbps on the other side of the house at best through AC outlet system and more like 30 by WiFi due to router placement not being ideal) and trying to play an uncompressed 3D MKV even in 2D stutters. I'd have to use a local hard drive (defeating the central server premise to a large degree but at least allowing menu access instead of having to use discs).

On the plus side, CinemaVision looks better in 93" 1080p too (assuming I've got 1080p material at all times; sadly many real cinema bumpers are 720p or less).
THEATER: 11.1.10 Atmos, Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, Mixed Dialog Lift  - PSB Speakers; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S (ZDMC), LD, GameCube
(2017-07-17, 07:52)VonMagnum Wrote: There's a certain irony in that I just installed my new Epson 3100 1080p/3D projector a few weeks ago and I can finally utilize 3D in Kodi and CinemaVision only to find out that save a few Windows platforms, there's not much out there in the way of MVC hardware decoding for true 1080p 3D so the best I could do from Kodi is convert to Side-By-Side and lose half my horizontal resolution in the process. I'm using a new PS4 for now and watching off the Blu-Rays instead to keep full resolution (hating the forced previews and other crap already and no CinemaVision bumpers. That part sucks.

I guess I need a HTPC that supports MVC, but even then I don't think I have enough reliable bandwidth to send uncompressed MKVs of the 3D Blu-Rays over my home network (I get 60Mbps on the other side of the house at best through AC outlet system and more like 30 by WiFi due to router placement not being ideal) and trying to play an uncompressed 3D MKV even in 2D stutters. I'd have to use a local hard drive (defeating the central server premise to a large degree but at least allowing menu access instead of having to use discs).

On the plus side, CinemaVision looks better in 93" 1080p too (assuming I've got 1080p material at all times; sadly many real cinema bumpers are 720p or less).

Check out this thread http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=266316

I think you will find what your looking forWink
I do all of my Kodi maintenance from my main PC which is also my test bed. The CV SMB share is on my first HTPC and when using it for CV it only reads. I never write to any sequence files there or from my other 2 Kodi instances.

I'll try re-making these sequences and see what happens.

Still have no ability to set "default" sequences in the CV config menu. The options are simply not there like they used to be. That's on both Kodi instances I've tried the latest build on. The options just do not exist.
  • 93(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CinemaVision: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home5