• 94(current)
Release CinemaVision: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
(2017-07-17, 10:27)Charger Hellcat Wrote: I do all of my Kodi maintenance from my main PC which is also my test bed. The CV SMB share is on my first HTPC and when using it for CV it only reads. I never write to any sequence files there or from my other 2 Kodi instances.

I'll try re-making these sequences and see what happens.

Still have no ability to set "default" sequences in the CV config menu. The options are simply not there like they used to be. That's on both Kodi instances I've tried the latest build on. The options just do not exist.

I see what you mean too. I installed the latest beta update and I did not see an option default CV sequences either. Were they taken out since we have conditional sequences now?
(2017-07-17, 07:52)VonMagnum Wrote: On the plus side, CinemaVision looks better in 93" 1080p too (assuming I've got 1080p material at all times; sadly many real cinema bumpers are 720p or less).

Glad you're enjoying it! That's exactly why we built the site. We want to have the best quality content available, and easy to find. We've got full 1080p, and 4K options available on the website, which is pretty awesome if I do say so myself. Even more new content is in the works.

(2017-07-17, 10:27)Charger Hellcat Wrote: I'll try re-making these sequences and see what happens.

Let me know how it goes!

(2017-07-17, 10:27)Charger Hellcat Wrote: Still have no ability to set "default" sequences in the CV config menu. The options are simply not there like they used to be. That's on both Kodi instances I've tried the latest build on. The options just do not exist.

(2017-07-17, 18:11)KrispyKreme Wrote: I see what you mean too. I installed the latest beta update and I did not see an option default CV sequences either. Were they taken out since we have conditional sequences now?

True story, they're gone. I'll reach out to our developer and see what his thought process was there. Clearly it involved conditional sequences, but my thought is that we should have a default to fall back on if no conditions are set, or a match isn't found.
Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Trivia Slides, Video Bumpers, Ratings Bumpers, Audio Format Bumpers and more...

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
Well at least I know I'm not the crazy one!

Now if I can just get the SMB folders to work like they once did.
Seems there's just some sort of bug in this new build.

When I access a sequence through the Add-ons menu and run CV to edit, I get get the entire loaded sequence to play.

When I try to run CV after selecting a movie and clicking the CV button in the movie info screen, I only get a truncated version of the "default" sequence.

This happens for regular 2D movies, regular 3D movies and any conditional sequences I've created.

Running CV through the movie info screen launch button with an actual movie selected just doesn't work correctly. It's not the sequence files being corrupted.
(2017-07-18, 21:21)Charger Hellcat Wrote: Seems there's just some sort of bug in this new build.

When I access a sequence through the Add-ons menu and run CV to edit, I get get the entire loaded sequence to play.

When I try to run CV after selecting a movie and clicking the CV button in the movie info screen, I only get a truncated version of the "default" sequence.

This happens for regular 2D movies, regular 3D movies and any conditional sequences I've created.

Running CV through the movie info screen launch button with an actual movie selected just doesn't work correctly. It's not the sequence files being corrupted.

Can I get you to upload a full debug log after you recreate these issues? That will help us figure out what's going on here.

(2017-07-17, 10:27)Charger Hellcat Wrote: Still have no ability to set "default" sequences in the CV config menu. The options are simply not there like they used to be. That's on both Kodi instances I've tried the latest build on. The options just do not exist.

(2017-07-17, 18:11)KrispyKreme Wrote: I see what you mean too. I installed the latest beta update and I did not see an option default CV sequences either. Were they taken out since we have conditional sequences now?

Alright, I was talking to our developer about the missing default Sequence options, and we need to re-train our brains. Conditional Sequences did negate the need for a default Sequence. If you activate a Sequence with only the Type condition set to 2D, that becomes your default 2D Sequence. If another match is not found, CinemaVision will fall back to the best match, which would be that 2D Sequence.
Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Trivia Slides, Video Bumpers, Ratings Bumpers, Audio Format Bumpers and more...

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
Was disappointed last night when I had my niece over to watch Apollo 13 for the first time and I ran CV only to then remember I'd put the new build on my main HTPC and the sequence failed to play properly. D'oh!

I'll see about posting a log but I'm headed out of town again tomorrow and will only be back for a short time next week.

Odd that I'm the only one reporting these issues yet have had the problem duplicated on 2 serrate instances. I'd fully build a new CV sequence but I still can't access network SMB shares or all added video sources through CV.
(2017-07-12, 20:44)Ragnarok Wrote:
(2017-07-12, 20:12)aptalca Wrote: @Ragnarok

Can the CinemaVision itunes scraper be updated to ignore item types "Featurette*" and "Clip*"?

Apple has plenty of random clips and behind the scenes type of material these days, and sometimes I get 3 out 4 trailers to be random clips. I took a look at the python scraper on github but unfortunately it is a bit over my head. I noticed that it recognizes items marked as "clip" but they don't seem to be filtered out.

Thanks

That's actually in the latest development release that's available on the CinemaVision website. To be sure the clips clear out, it's a good idea to reset your content database and do a content update to scrape the trailers back in. Let me know if it's not working as expected.
I have been testing the latest development release and it seems to filter out all the clips and behind the scenes material. I watched a lot of trailers to confirm... for science, lol
Hey
Any update to the service addon which automatically updates the content?
Does anyone have the latest build with contextual sequences actually working in any regard? I'm still having no luck.
Just to follow-up, I re-installed the current Repo version (1.13.0?) and the "regular" sequence works just fine. This is on instances of Kodi on 2 different HTPC machines. There's definitely something wrong with the latest dev build.
Hi Ragnarok, how is CinemaVision coming along? Any new betas planned in the near future?
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Omega + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ MeLE N5105 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
Ragnarok, this may have been addressed elsewhere but couldn't find it. Whenever I scan Dolby Atmos movies I've ripped from my collection with MakeMKV the metadata only identifies the film as Dolby TrueHD. Is there a way to get KODI to identify it correctly as an Atmos film and show the Atmos logo? I'd like CinemaVision to start using Atmos audio bumpers during the sequence. I suspect this may be the same with DTS:X films as well.
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Omega + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ MeLE N5105 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
For Atmos and dts-X You need to use file name tags. CV will recognize them as well Kodi will show the proper icons. Look up file naming conventions to find the proper Kodi based tags.
(2017-09-16, 06:07)Charger Hellcat Wrote: For Atmos and dts-X You need to use file name tags. CV will recognize them as well Kodi will show the proper icons. Look up file naming conventions to find the proper Kodi based tags.

Haven't found anything that worked.

Update: Renaming the files to include ".atmos" did not result in the Dolby Atmos logo upon rescanning the movies back into the library, however CinemaVision is now properly selecting an Atmos audio bumper as desired. I incorrectly assumed that the latter was dependent upon the former, which isn't the case. Nice!
Hi Ragna, back here Smile
Grats with the new site
I saw you made progress with cinemavision
especially on the conditional sequences

I want this so i tried it
however
i want sequences for christmas, halloween, summer, etc etc
even 2d and 3d
does this mean i need to make 2 sequences (2d and 3d) for christmas, 2 for halloween etc... right?

then cause those bumpers shouldnt use the bumpers the normal bumpers (when date is no holiday) i have to make special folders right?

whats the service addon for? doesnt cinemavision update content already?
  • 94(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CinemaVision: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home5