• 2(current)
v17 Grid for Krypton
PVR Guide timeline
I don't have a PVR so excuse the demo labels (the coloured number labels on the left will show the tv channel logo's in an actual PVR setup)
(2017-07-18, 07:38)Jeroen Wrote: PVR Guide timeline
I don't have a PVR so excuse the demo labels (the coloured number labels on the left will show the tv channel logo's in an actual PVR setup)

Jeroen, het ziet er geweldig uit. Voor mij is sport PVR super belangrijk, en hecht veel waarde aan een gids en goede PVR ondersteuning. Mooie skin en heel overzichtelijk. Ik hoop dat je ook met een sneltoets de filminfo groot kan maken, en zo iedereen in de huiskamer mee kan lezen met de plot. Ik zie er naar uit om te testen.
(2017-07-18, 14:16)allard1992 Wrote: Jeroen, het ziet er geweldig uit. Voor mij is sport PVR super belangrijk, en hecht veel waarde aan een gids en goede PVR ondersteuning. Mooie skin en heel overzichtelijk. Ik hoop dat je ook met een sneltoets de filminfo groot kan maken, en zo iedereen in de huiskamer mee kan lezen met de plot. Ik zie er naar uit om te testen.

Thanks for the kind words! But let's stick to English as this is an international forum Smile
EPG looks fantastic. I'm a bit concerned about the width of the channel name labels though. They seem a bit too short to show much of the channel name. For instance if you have channel like say "National Geographic", then the label is only going to show "NATIO ...". Here in Australia most of our channel names are pretty short and I would imagine a lot of them would still get truncated -- even something like "ABC News" is going to get cut down to "ABC NE ..."

I can see the dilemma here, because how much further right are you willing to shift the EPG. Maybe you might be better off putting the channel number in that space instead? And that way you still have the channel logo to tell you about what channel it is.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
@Jeroen looks great!

Sent from my SM-G935T
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
This is ridiculously sexy, great job! I've seen you post in the colorbox thread and am curious if you were able to get it working to a good point in the skin.
(2017-07-18, 17:11)jurialmunkey Wrote: EPG looks fantastic. I'm a bit concerned about the width of the channel name labels though. They seem a bit too short to show much of the channel name. For instance if you have channel like say "National Geographic", then the label is only going to show "NATIO ...". Here in Australia most of our channel names are pretty short and I would imagine a lot of them would still get truncated -- even something like "ABC News" is going to get cut down to "ABC NE ..."

I can see the dilemma here, because how much further right are you willing to shift the EPG. Maybe you might be better off putting the channel number in that space instead? And that way you still have the channel logo to tell you about what channel it is.

Yeah, you might be right. But indeed, it is a trade-off in any case. One thing I thought about was to make this part configurable. So you would have about three choices:

- Show the logo and channel name (and accep the truncating)
- Show the logo an channel number
- Show the channel name only

However the epg doesn't seem to acknowledge conditional channel layouts, and trying to work around this by using includes crashes Kodi Smile But definitely this one is on my list to improve Smile
(2017-07-18, 23:16)realjohngalt Wrote: This is ridiculously sexy, great job! I've seen you post in the colorbox thread and am curious if you were able to get it working to a good point in the skin.

For now I have only done some experimenting, it is not utilised in the skin at the moment.
(2017-07-19, 09:23)Jeroen Wrote: However the epg doesn't seem to acknowledge conditional channel layouts, and trying to work around this by using includes crashes Kodi Smile But definitely this one is on my list to improve Smile
I know includes are neater, but surely you can just have three group controls each with the different layout and then use visible conditions? It's a bit a clunky but it should work.
(2017-07-19, 10:18)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2017-07-19, 09:23)Jeroen Wrote: However the epg doesn't seem to acknowledge conditional channel layouts, and trying to work around this by using includes crashes Kodi Smile But definitely this one is on my list to improve Smile
I know includes are neater, but surely you can just have three group controls each with the different layout and then use visible conditions? It's a bit a clunky but it should work.

Tried that too, but it also leads to a crash Sad Only other thing I can think of is to make the entire guide view conditional, but that's just too clunky imo.
(2017-07-19, 12:30)Jeroen Wrote:
(2017-07-19, 10:18)jurialmunkey Wrote:

Tried that too, but it also leads to a crash Sad Only other thing I can think of is to make the entire guide view conditional, but that's just too clunky imo.

Hmm. I wonder if its to do with the DemoPVR add-on. I've had a lot of issues with it. Pretty much every time I ReloadSkin() the EPG will nuke itself and get messed up until I either Clear PVR data in the PVR settings or restart Kodi. Makes skinning the EPG very painful. But when I had a working PVR and was using a proper backend I never had this issue - It's only since I've been forced to use the Demo PVR because the antenna on the place I moved to this year is broken and it's impossible to get a signal with rabbit ears -- have to get tv through cable and can't run that into the PVR.

It might be worth getting one of your testers with a proper working PVR to try it out, as it seems really odd that having group controls with visible conditions would cause a crash.
Nice work ! Any chance for a mini timeline epg view with live tv running in background ? Say maybe 3 -4 rows
(2017-07-19, 15:42)jurialmunkey Wrote: Hmm. I wonder if its to do with the DemoPVR add-on. I've had a lot of issues with it. Pretty much every time I ReloadSkin() the EPG will nuke itself and get messed up until I either Clear PVR data in the PVR settings or restart Kodi. Makes skinning the EPG very painful
Ugh, definitely. The most frustrating part to skin for sure, on many levels. The EPG trouble when reloading happens to me too, changing the channel group will get it back to normal for me.

Quote:It might be worth getting one of your testers with a proper working PVR to try it out, as it seems really odd that having group controls with visible conditions would cause a crash.
Yeah, I might try that out. For now I'm putting this on my post 1.0 list, my priority now is to get what is there now to be as bug free as possible. Cheers Smile
Big list view
Again with an option to either display 16:9 Landscape art or fanart and optional logo art.

Great job so far! Smile

Any planning for animated fanart and 21:9 screen support?
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Grid for Krypton10