Problem with Widgets Contantly refreshing
Has there been any update on this?? Widget refresh really kills the oy of this beautiful skin on Fire TV... kinda keeps loading for like 2-3 minutes, makes me just quit Kodi and go to Netflix Smile
2-3 minutes ? wow that should be like 2-3 seconds.
How did you setup your widgets ?
umm i have 5 widgets per page, i didnt have this issue till i moved to Kodi 17... I just followed the tutorial to set up the widgets form youtube, most of the widgets are coming from same add on by the way which i prolly shouldnt / cant name.
(2017-07-23, 01:10)marcelveldt Wrote: 2-3 minutes ? wow that should be like 2-3 seconds.
How did you setup your widgets ?

I can take pictures of how widgets are set up, if that helps? or if there is a particular setting you'd like to know about?
@marcelveldt: it would be great if there is a option to refresh widgets only during startup of kodi
Any progress on this?

The widgets on mine are constantly refreshing (using PlexKodiConnect). It can take 20-30seconds to update the widget which makes the skin unusable Sad
I will push an update of the skin and some helper scripts later today which should fix the issue
Thanks marcelveldt!!!

Will I need to install the skin from github or will you push a new version?
I will push a new version to my repo. Both the skin and the helper addons will be updated.
For best results (more speed) it is good if you re-assign your widgets after the update but it should already be a big improvement if you don't.

First of all I fixed the issue that widgets were slow with refreshing. In fact they were refreshing 3 times.
Second if all the widgets are now seperated in refreshes. If you watch a movie, only movie widgets will be refreshed, not all widgets.
And 3th, I removed the fade animation in the skin when widgets are reloading so you can still use them, even if they're checking for an update.

You can only benefit from the 2nd optimization if you re-assign the widgets.

The updates will be available on my repo later today.
(2017-07-25, 13:29)PX80 Wrote: @marcelveldt: it would be great if there is a option to refresh widgets only during startup of kodi

Ans what if you watch something, you can't continue to watch if from a widget ?
No, widgets need to be refreshed but only if really needed. I've improved this a lot in the next updates
marcelveldt I see you updated the repo. It is def faster at refreshing and the fact it's not longer transparent makes a huge difference!

I will do some more testing and report back any issues.
superb! with .62 the widgets loads much faster on slower systems, as well there is no unnecessary widget reload. thanks! hopefully this will make it into the main branch soon Smile
marcelveldt, i'm using PlexKodiConnect widgets.

When i finish watching an episode PKC must mark it as watched under the covers but this probably takes a little time. So by time i am presented back to the TV section it shows the episode as unwatched still which means i can't get to the next episode.

Is there someway to add a delay to the widget refresh?
(2017-08-11, 02:05)stevezau Wrote: marcelveldt, i'm using PlexKodiConnect widgets.

When i finish watching an episode PKC must mark it as watched under the covers but this probably takes a little time. So by time i am presented back to the TV section it shows the episode as unwatched still which means i can't get to the next episode.

Is there someway to add a delay to the widget refresh?

Open the settings for the Skin Helper Widgets addon and enable aggressive widget refresh

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
so is this fixed in the Skin Helper Widgets Addon rather than Titan Skin itself? means i can stay on official .56 and benefit from .62 Beta Repo?

PS: when will there be a main release?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with Widgets Contantly refreshing1