• 42(current)
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)
Alanon,

I'm finding that options that are checked in the skin settings menu are not retained after a reboot & become unchecked each time. They are the settings highlighted in red in the following images.

Cheers
(2017-07-22, 19:36)taurus35 Wrote: Alanon,

I'm finding that options that are checked in the skin settings menu are not retained after a reboot & become unchecked each time. They are the settings highlighted in red in the following images.

Cheers

There's nothing special going on with those settings that would set them apart from the rest. I can confirm that everything is working on my setup, so it is most likely that something on your end is blocking the proper writing of the settings. It might have happened after a crash or something, or there might be duplicate settings that are conflicting, you really never know with these things. A log might help, but it might not.

There are a few options here. You can try backing up the settings and then restore them through the built-in options. Might simply snap the settings back into their proper behaviour. You can also use the button in the skin to reset skin settings. Finally, you can go to the userdata of the skin and manually backup and delete deleting the settings.xml. For these last two, you'd have to redo your settings upon restarting Kodi, but that also might fix the issue.
Eminence 2 MOD, Revived & Improved

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)

Cheers

Also be sure you are performing a proper shutdown, not a force close
(2017-07-22, 20:08)Alanon Wrote:

Cheers

There's nothing special going on with those settings that would set them apart from the rest. I can confirm that everything is working on my setup, so it is most likely that something on your end is blocking the proper writing of the settings. It might have happened after a crash or something, or there might be duplicate settings that are conflicting, you really never know with these things. A log might help, but it might not.

There are a few options here. You can try backing up the settings and then restore them through the built-in options. Might simply snap the settings back into their proper behaviour. You can also use the button in the skin to reset skin settings. Finally, you can go to the userdata of the skin and manually backup and delete deleting the settings.xml. For these last two, you'd have to redo your settings upon restarting Kodi, but that also might fix the issue.

Alanon,

Thanks, I tried saving the settings & restoring but they come back in unchecked still. It didn't happen after a crash, it has been happening for some time but I wasn't sure until I did a few tests today & made sure that it was not saving after a restart. Tried several times & each time the settings came back in unchecked. I will try a few of the other things you mentioned & see if it helps.

Cheers.
(2017-07-22, 21:04)jdig4240 Wrote:

Cheers

Also be sure you are performing a proper shutdown, not a force close

It's happened many times & each time is after a proper shut time.
Still a terrific skin! But there are a couple things I'd like to try on mine. I'd like to make the widget 'bar' smaller(or narrower). Same size(height) as the main home bar menu. This would of course mean slightly smaller movie poster images, fonts, and even weather icons. I'd like to lower it a bit also.

I'm just not sure which xml document(s) I need to edit.
(2017-07-22, 21:53)taurus35 Wrote: It's happened many times & each time is after a proper shut time.

We'll get to the bottom of it!

(2017-07-22, 22:59)DaveJr Wrote: Still a terrific skin! But there are a couple things I'd like to try on mine. I'd like to make the widget 'bar' smaller(or narrower). Same size(height) as the main home bar menu. This would of course mean slightly smaller movie poster images, fonts, and even weather icons. I'd like to lower it a bit also.

I'm just not sure which xml document(s) I need to edit.

Most of what you need is in the Includes_Home.xml. There are several groups, the right widget panel, the left widget parts, discart, etc. You'll have to adjust all the elements, from the background images, poster sizes, to the text, logos to make everything just right.

Happy tweaking! Big Grin

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
(2017-07-22, 09:21)Alanon Wrote:
(2017-07-22, 02:55)wonslung Wrote: no, the file didn't help

This doens't seem like the addon. I have several addons where i can set the view type and it will work, but sometimes it will randomly change the view.....

What do you mean by locking it with the skin mechanism

Well, the only other thing I can think of is that either for some reason your up keypress is not properly registered as up, which your los did not indicate. Another possibility is that you don't have the very first widget active, which confused the system in place. The way this works, there's a system of previous and next for every widget. So for widget number 3, the previous is 2 and the next is 4. If for whatever reason a widget is not available, it won't display. I presume that somehow it might break the sequence, and prevent you from going from widget no 1 back, since there is no widget no 1. Problem is, there is no evidence of that either in the logs you provided, which makes all this conjecture since any bug is hard to diagnose when you can't reproduce it.

As for the views, when you change the view-type, there is a lock mechanism, placed on a button in the corner of the window, called something like "Lock View (Movies)". Clicking that will lock the view-type you are in at that time, for all movie content in the skin and across the add-ons which use that content. The same goes for all other content (tvshows, seasons, episodes, pictures, videos...) You can configure separate view-types for all these view-types, as all of them are based on content types that Kodi offers.

I should have been more precise. What sometimes resets the view display are bad add-ons that don't declare their content type properly. Without knowledge of the content type, the skin applies some other view-type for the split seconds that the add-on declares nothing whatsoever since it needs the content type to use the view-type you've previously selected for it. And that's how it gets reset. For example, it expects videos when it enters, and wants to display a view-type which works there, but finds an empty value, and reverts to one of a few views that support an empty value for backup purposes. After everything is loaded, you can change it to what you had, since the content is recognised, but sooner or later, as these things go, it will get reset.

Bear in mind that this does not happen as a pattern, it's still random. It can happen when you least expect it, but sometimes the skin will find its way. Most of the skins who use content types to get the view-types sorted have this issue, it's merely a matter of when and how often it is going to happen, which can depend on a variety of other factors. The main issue is that the skin uses panels and overlays and reuses them repeatedly, so that when there are no rigid conditions for their displaying, you will get artefacts while loading things. The Aeon skins use almost no panels, and they were able to streamline the system completely, but Eminence is different. That's just the trade-off. Kodi itself recommends the content type be used to manage views, but the responsibility is on add-on makers as well.

so i figured out the issue. I only needed 4 widgets so i didn't set up all 6.
When i set them all up it works. Can you fix this to not matter if you only needed 4 (had widget 5 and 6 set to none)
actually i had 6 setup and didnt' set up the last 2.

Figured out if i dont' set 2 in the middle it works fine....sorry
(2017-07-22, 23:30)Alanon Wrote:
(2017-07-22, 21:53)taurus35 Wrote: It's happened many times & each time is after a proper shut time.

We'll get to the bottom of it!

Alanon,

I think it is now sorted.
I reset the Skin to default settings, checked the settings that were not retaining & rebooted & the settings stayed after restart. I then restored my original skin settings, those same options were already checked in the restored settings, rebooted & the settings were retained.
So all seems to be OK but I'll let you know if anything changes Big Grin

Cheers.
I was wondering if there was any way to force the showcase widgets to load in the background BEFORE you activate the showcase? I ask because this would be extremely useful for slower devices like a fire stick. if it could be loading while using a different part of the skin such as watching a movie or just sitting on the main menu idle, it would be awesome.
(2017-07-20, 11:14)Alanon Wrote:
(2017-07-20, 07:40)maroc1994 Wrote: Hello,

Is it possible to have Clearlist Logo for tv-shows?

I only get it for movies.

Thank you!

Do you mean the top central logo? I could add a setting, but it would be a switch that would affect the default behaviour for all the views.

No, i mean, the logo on the video player, not the views.
I'm having an issue (I think since the last update, but not 100% sure), where every time I manually reload the skin Kodi crashes a few seconds after the reload. I don't have this issue when making an adjustment to the skin, and it updates itself... only when I click "Reload Skin." I've noticed this issue is the same on my Firestick and my Mac (copied same Kodi build on both). Anyone else experiencing this or have any ideas?

Something that might also be related that I've noticed is that now when I've left my firestick for a longer period and I come back to it and click a button to bring the screen back up, Kodi automatically restarts itself. This also happens if I open an android app through kodi and am on that app for a while. When I click out of the app, Kodi pops up the splash screen and is restarting. Not sure if its a timeout feature or a glitch.

I'm also in favor of allowing widgets to load in the background. And I think it would be nice if there was a way to maintain the regular background until you click up to navigate the widget on the main screen. Then once you are browsing the widget, the background image can change accordingly.

I'm glad this skin has so much enthusiasm behind it. I think it's the best one out there Smile
(2017-07-23, 20:20)wonslung Wrote: I was wondering if there was any way to force the showcase widgets to load in the background BEFORE you activate the showcase? I ask because this would be extremely useful for slower devices like a fire stick. if it could be loading while using a different part of the skin such as watching a movie or just sitting on the main menu idle, it would be awesome.

The trouble with loading in the background is that I have to set some condition for this to be done. For the home widgets, that's the home screen, since it is the first thing that triggers after start-up. As for subsequent behaviour, that's tricky since those conditions are currently also the visibility conditions for the widgets themselves. I'm not sure how much leeway the widget mechanism actually provides or if it would affect performance in any was. But I'll look into it and see.

(2017-07-25, 23:02)maroc1994 Wrote: No, i mean, the logo on the video player, not the views.

Ah, that's another thing entirely. The Video OSD is a system dependent on the database and its organisation. If the skin can't find the proper logo in the DB, it tries to search it online, but that search is performed by Skin Helper, and I can't control it. This problem is most visible when streaming media; in that case, the source has to provide the logo. Again, if there's no logo, Skin Helper tries to find it, but if the source is a stream, it mostly fails due to the fact that they do not have a naming convention that Skin Helper can view. That's just the way Kodi handles it. Confused

(2017-07-26, 00:32)stevo629 Wrote: I'm having an issue (I think since the last update, but not 100% sure), where every time I manually reload the skin Kodi crashes a few seconds after the reload. I don't have this issue when making an adjustment to the skin, and it updates itself... only when I click "Reload Skin." I've noticed this issue is the same on my Firestick and my Mac (copied same Kodi build on both). Anyone else experiencing this or have any ideas?

Something that might also be related that I've noticed is that now when I've left my firestick for a longer period and I come back to it and click a button to bring the screen back up, Kodi automatically restarts itself. This also happens if I open an android app through kodi and am on that app for a while. When I click out of the app, Kodi pops up the splash screen and is restarting. Not sure if its a timeout feature or a glitch.

I'm also in favor of allowing widgets to load in the background. And I think it would be nice if there was a way to maintain the regular background until you click up to navigate the widget on the main screen. Then once you are browsing the widget, the background image can change accordingly.

I'm glad this skin has so much enthusiasm behind it. I think it's the best one out there Smile

I've tried and tried to reproduce it, and I haven't been able to. Have you installed any new add-ons recently? This seems like some add-on service crashing Kodi since it can't handle restarts very well. I'll need a debug log to try and sort this out, as the skin truly shouldn't do this. Have you tried the behaviour with other skins?

As far as widgets and backgrounds go, there's already a super secret option in the skin - if you uncheck "Show widget infos" and place widget posters "On up", you will get invisible widgets. You will have the menu backgrounds, and only when you click up, you will have the widgets turn up, with their backgrounds. Anyways, there will be a separate setting for the widget backgrounds, tied to the setting that was already there. Wink

(2017-07-26, 09:24)wonslung Wrote: I have one thing that kinda annoys me in the posters list view. I'm not sure if you will agree with me, but i hope you do.

This is an absolutely stunning view to use for tv shows because it gives a nice poster view with just enough info about the synopsis but one thing that has always annoyed me is this:

the very first image is the back button and it's transparent so to me, it doesn't look as clean as it could. I personally believe that the second image (the first thing on the actual list) should be behind whatever the first result is. That way you don't see the transparent edge...If you look at my screen shot below, i think "Friends from College" should be 100% visable and on top of the transparent back button, and then when you move through the list, it should look exactly like it does.
I hope this makes sense...I think this would look way more polished..I hope this small criticism doesn't offend, and it's just a personal opinion

No, I'm not offended, not at all! If I understand you correctly, you would like me to place the first poster in front of the frame? The problem is, if I move the frame to the background, it will stay that way for every other show. So then you won't be able to see the frame properly, it will always be behind the very next image, which would look ugly. I could add some space in between the focused poster and the next one, but I don't know how that will affect the overall look?

@Alanon I can't seem to set widgets this is all I see https://ibb.co/iufCfQ
  • 42(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)21