• 138(current)
Android Nvidia Shield Android TV (Updated Jan 26 2017 - 5.0 update)
Have my 2017 shield 16gb set up with mysql advanced settings file and everything appears ok except for music thumbs (album covers)

in my host kodi pc i have this in my advanced settings file below because it works better with that pc and my beets software. Could it be that below that is stopping them from loading?

<musicthumbs>
<remove>folder.jpg|Folder.jpg|folder.JPG|Folder.JPG</remove>
<add>cover.jpg|Cover.jpg|cover.JPG|Cover.JPG</add>
</musicthumbs>
(2017-06-15, 10:38)Bjur Wrote: Does the Kodi app offers advanced scalers like SPMC?
The scaling is kind of shitty on the Shield, so it would be nice if Kodi offered that solution.

+1 Wink
(2017-06-16, 17:05)Powerhouse Wrote: @djnata check out this thread regarding external USB drives...
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic...-support-/

the problem is that i can add files with kodi. when i go to add files dont appear the external hard drive connected to shield....
when i go to add video source and browse section dont have the external hard drive....
Try this (subject to the comments above about file system set-up on the drive not applying) - from the main top level menu, go to videos and then files, and you should see your external drive there.

You can then navigate into it if you wish, and at the appropriate folder level point right click/long press to get the context menu up and scan things into the library from there in the usual ways (set content or scan to library etc).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2017-07-05, 14:45)DarrenHill Wrote: Try this (subject to the comments above about file system set-up on the drive not applying) - from the main top level menu, go to videos and then files, and you should see your external drive there.

You can then navigate into it if you wish, and at the appropriate folder level point right click/long press to get the context menu up and scan things into the library from there in the usual ways (set content or scan to library etc).

Thanks!!! It works now Wink
You're welcome.

External connected drives are treated a little different to network sources - you don't add them as they're already connected, but they only show up under the files/browse options at first.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
What is the best setting and what is the difference? i have a 2015 Sony 4K TV.

watch gallery
The one that says (Recommended)
(2017-07-13, 12:05)BluHD Wrote: The one that says (Recommended)

Why 10 bits and not 12 bits? What is the difference?
There are no 12bit panels AFAIAA so your TV is either an 8bit panel with 2bit dithering to make it up to 10bit or its a true 10 bit panel
(2017-07-13, 15:32)BluHD Wrote: There are no 12bit panels AFAIAA so your TV is either an 8bit panel with 2bit dithering to make it up to 10bit or its a true 10 bit panel

Isn't Dolby Vision a 12 bit technolgy? I think there are a couple of TV's with 12 bit chips and the others like Sony are using software solutions or won't be able to accommodate DV. At least that's the way it was explained to me.
(2017-07-13, 15:32)BluHD Wrote: There are no 12bit panels AFAIAA so your TV is either an 8bit panel with 2bit dithering to make it up to 10bit or its a true 10 bit panel

I have a true 10 bit panel....
Hello there! Smile

I just bought a Nvidia Shield TV 2017. I'm trying to enable both auto refresh rate switching and audio passthrough in Kodi 17.x.

The Shield TV is plugged to a Marantz NR1607 AV receiver (HDMI 2.0 compatible) which is plugged to a Panasonic P50ST60 Full HD plasma TV (HDMI 1.4).

In Kodi, if I set "Adjust display refresh rate" to always and check every audio codec in audio passthrough settings, here's what happens:
- At the beginning of a video, the TV tries to adjust the refresh rate, but always ends up on 60Hz.
- The AV receiver switches to Dolby Digital or DTS but outputs no sound. But if I go back to the Kodi menu, when a video is playing in background, I do have sound.

CEC is enabled in Android settings.

I've searched for existing answers on the forum, but couldn't find a similar situation.

Any suggestion please? Smile
I always switch off Auto Refresh Rate switching...
Nvidia Shield TV 2015, Sony BRAVIA XBR55HX929, Yamaha Aventage RX-A3050, Dolby Atmos/DTS:X (5.1.4) Front Mains: Jamo C109, Surrounds: Jamo C103, FH/RH: Jamo C93, Center: Jamo C10 CEN and Subwoofer: Jamo J112 SUB
(2017-07-25, 00:03)iMak Wrote: I always switch off Auto Refresh Rate switching...

Why would you want to disable frame rate switching? It makes videos look so much better.
  • 138(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia Shield Android TV (Updated Jan 26 2017 - 5.0 update)6