• 112(current)
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
New Uptade...

Is this an update from marshmallow,or for those who are registered beta testers ? I spent an hour yesterday sideload nougat beta,When I was done,I saw this update in setings,but got error when I tried to install it
Xiaomi have fcuked up at their end by letting the Mi Boxes running Beta Nougat get that popup Update message as well.

It is only meant for Mi Box Marshmallow users.

Is this update still marshmallow though,looks like fairly big update ?
(2017-07-25, 08:44)wrxtasy Wrote: It is only meant for Mi Box Marshmallow users.

Has anyone on here managed to revert to marshmallow from nougat Beta. I've been reading though the xda forums and don think they've managed it, Is our only hope to wait for official nougat update zip and side-load that ?
Still no refresh rate switching dammit. Otherwise, the update hasn't seem to have broken anything else for me though.
(2017-06-16, 20:47)utomek Wrote: Dear all,

I hope I don´t make to many people angry but I swear I´ve read and googled a lot.

I have a Mi Box running Kodi 17.3 and a Samsung HW-K950 Atmos Soundbar.

I am able to get DD+ Atmos 7.1 sound (mkv test files) but the other formats like TrueHD (Atmos) are not running.
If I understood correctly, some people are able to passthrough the singnal. If I understood something wrong, please let me know.
In my eyes I have tested all different parameter combinations.

Again, maybe I am wrong and TrueHD passthrough is not working here, then I can stop reading all different posts and live with that.

Thank you for your support!

I have the same problem with the HW-K950. I suspect this is the same issue as reported for the Shield here:
https://github.com/koying/SPMC/issues/473

Looks like an AndroidTV/HW-K950 compatibility issue. The good news is that they report in the Shield thread that it is fixed with the Nougat update. Hopefully the Nougat update will fix it for the MiBox as well. So, I have two questions:
1) Can someone confirm TrueHD Atmos running on MiBox is working on the HW-K950 with the regular AndroidTV version?
2) Same question with Nougat beta version.

Bonus question: if it is working with Nougat, but not with the regular AndroidTV version, is the latest beta version for the MiBox already good enough for "regular consumption"?
Thanks,
-- Sander
After using v1304 update for a few hours, I noticed these:
- in 720p output mode, some native youtube app video image freezes for half a second sometimes. Stat not shows dropped frames. With 1080p output mode it seems ok. It is 60fps h264. E.g. this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MDpCfOkaKw
- Chromecast client mode is more stable. The HBO Go Hungary cast always got stuck after few minutes of playback with previous firmware versions. But now, with v1304, I managed to watch a full movie without any issues
- Kodi still works fine.
(2017-07-25, 12:31)dermo33 Wrote: Has anyone on here managed to revert to marshmallow from nougat Beta. I've been reading though the xda forums and don think they've managed it, Is our only hope to wait for official nougat update zip and side-load that ?
Nope , I've tried creating a system.img file from the full system dl's available but it's not recognised by the AML flashing tool and there is no rollback recovery image available .

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000
(2017-04-16, 14:50)wrxtasy Wrote: Nougat 7.0.0 Beta Update done here as well, went smoothly....

Download Nougat Update.zip

- Save to a Fat32 formatted USB Stick
- Either Hold Down Mi Box Power Button and reboot or unplug Power Cord
- While rebooting or Reinserting Power Cord - hold down remote Back & large OK buttons to enter Recovery
- Update from EXT and select your USB - update.zip file
- Reboot

TIPS:
Double Pressing the Small Center Button enters Minimised Apps Screen
Picture in Picture works - I can watch OTA TV via Live Channels / TvHeadend whilst playing about with Android
Android Settings - HDMI CEC configuration is back

Observations:
HD Netflix with 5.1 Audio works (I have a DD+ capable TV)
5.1 AC3 Passthrough in Kodi Krypton works
No Kodi dynamic refresh switching disappointingly - lets see what the final release brings.
Nougat is at least 2X faster than Marshmallow - the remote is now ultra responsive Smile

I've have had the Leanback Launcher crash on me once. There are a few bugs still to squash it seems.

Does anyone have a problem that remote is not working in boot loader? Also system updates on android 7 always fail for me...
(2017-07-27, 20:34)madpanter Wrote:
(2017-04-16, 14:50)wrxtasy Wrote: Nougat 7.0.0 Beta Update done here as well, went smoothly....

Download Nougat Update.zip

- Save to a Fat32 formatted USB Stick
- Either Hold Down Mi Box Power Button and reboot or unplug Power Cord
- While rebooting or Reinserting Power Cord - hold down remote Back & large OK buttons to enter Recovery
- Update from EXT and select your USB - update.zip file
- Reboot

TIPS:
Double Pressing the Small Center Button enters Minimised Apps Screen
Picture in Picture works - I can watch OTA TV via Live Channels / TvHeadend whilst playing about with Android
Android Settings - HDMI CEC configuration is back

Observations:
HD Netflix with 5.1 Audio works (I have a DD+ capable TV)
5.1 AC3 Passthrough in Kodi Krypton works
No Kodi dynamic refresh switching disappointingly - lets see what the final release brings.
Nougat is at least 2X faster than Marshmallow - the remote is now ultra responsive Smile

I've have had the Leanback Launcher crash on me once. There are a few bugs still to squash it seems.

Does anyone have a problem that remote is not working in boot loader? Also system updates on android 7 always fail for me...

Yep the remote doesn't work in the beta (at least not the version availabale to non official users) you need to plug in a keyboard
This might interest some Android TV users that do not want to purchase an extra Wireless Air Mouse:

Mouse Toggle for Android TV

(2017-07-28, 06:31)wrxtasy Wrote: This might interest some Android TV users that do not want to purchase an extra Wireless Air Mouse:

Mouse Toggle for Android TV

How well does it work? Did you give it a shot?
I have touch keyboard, but I might ditch it for the original remote if this works well Smile
You would be the..

• 112(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21