• 54(current)
WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K
(2017-07-04, 12:23)FXB78 Wrote: Thanks for confirming MasterChief. Unfortunately it didn't do a very good job of it for me & I had to switch to ricardopvz's Android TV v2.2 ROM, which is working fine. WeOS refresh rate switching was all over the shop & practically unusable in apps other than Kodi. But switching the ROM has solved it Smile
Exact same problems that WeOS 3.1 has with the Play2, reported 3 weeks ago - and fixed by @Ricardo Firmware patches there as well.

WeTek already knows about these issues and should have fixed them for the WeOS 3.1 Hub update. Sad

Conclusion - they did not listen to user reported bugs on the virtually identical WeOS 3.1 Play2 Firmware.

Observation:

End users are completely justified when they get upset for not being listened to.

I am having a problem with the IR extender on the hub in LibreElec offical 8.0.2.1 and the community build 8.0.1.cs2.
With the ir extender plugged in I only get a range of about 1ft or 30cm. Without the ir extender plugged in the internal ir receiver works ok.

The ir extender works ok in the latest android, LibreElec 7.0.2, and 7.1.0.
I am using the wetek ir remote and a directv remote with mce profile.

Anybody else experience this?
Damn... Went to update my Hub to 3.1 and in damn boot loop. Off to start all over. Sad

(2017-07-31, 05:50)BORIStheBLADE Wrote: Damn... Went to update my Hub to 3.1 and in damn boot loop. Off to start all over. Sad

What happened?

Did you sorted it out?

BR
(2017-08-01, 11:53)MasterChief117 Wrote:
(2017-07-31, 05:50)BORIStheBLADE Wrote: Damn... Went to update my Hub to 3.1 and in damn boot loop. Off to start all over. Sad

What happened?

Did you sorted it out?

BR

I went to update Android to 3.1 and it just kept showing the loading screen and would say optimizing apps. I downloaded 3.1 and re flashed it. Everything went back to normal after that.

(2017-08-01, 21:36)BORIStheBLADE Wrote:
(2017-08-01, 11:53)MasterChief117 Wrote:

What happened?

Did you sorted it out?

BR

I went to update Android to 3.1 and it just kept showing the loading screen and would say optimizing apps. I downloaded 3.1 and re flashed it. Everything went back to normal after that.

I Already tried to get this issue, but so far no luck at all
I want to debug this to check why it's happening, I'll try again on different devices to check if I'm able to reproduce it.

Gald it's sorted out Smile

BR
Seems that Wetek is having a discount code for all the devices

Discount code: SAS1052

10% discount on all the devices
Discount code is valid until August, 31
I am looking at buying this box today. I will be running LibreELEC. Is the warning about the memory leak on the first post still and outstanding issue for this box? Would I be better getting the Play 2? The Core is not available at my local store.

I'm controlling this box with a Harmony Remote. Do I just configure the a Wetek Hub in the Logitech software and it will control LibreELEC correctly?

Thanks.
Looks like I need to update Page #1 - its way out of date.

The LibreELEC memory leak has been fixed quite a while ago now. 1GB is perfectly fine for LibreELEC, even for 4K streaming.

I believe you can control the Hub with a reprogrammed Harmony. There are WeTek IR configs in the Harmony database. You may even be able to program the Harmony as a MCE remote, switch on Lirc in LibreELEC settings and have even more IR control.

If you were concentrating on Android - yes a 2GB Play2 is better as its too resource constrained in the 1GB RAM only Hub.

Thanks wrxtasy for the quick response.

Does this link have valid instructions to get LibreELEC running on the Hub? https://libreelec.tv/downloads/wetek-hub/
Yes that link is valid.

Once you install the LibreELEC Flashing Software on a PC / Mac
You then choose your LE device when you run it and it will download the appropriate LE release and flash.

Recommended microSDHC cards for LE are Samsung EVO (+), Sandisk or Lexar 300x Class10 U1's
These have the fastest 4K Random R/W performance required by LE Kodi.

Thanks again. I just realized that the Wetek Hub doesn't have optical out which is a requirement for the setup. I'll probably get the Play 2 in the end.
Using Ricardo's 2.3 rom today I've suddenly been getting a recurring "Unfortunately, Android TV has stopped" message every few minutes and it's annoying the hell out of me. I've even factory reset the box and still it persists. Has anyone else seen this issue? At this point the hub is basically a paperweight.
Well the obvious option would be to reboot to Android Recovery and reinstall the ATV 2.3 .zip Firmware file.

Most settings and Apps should still remain intact, it will be the Android OS system files that get replaced. And from the looks of it you have a corrupt one causing problems.

(2017-09-17, 04:07)wrxtasy Wrote: Well the obvious option would be to reboot to Android Recovery and reinstall the ATV 2.3 .zip Firmware file.
Yes I did that and still got the same error, which was very unexpected! I may have to try and flash WeOS back on there and then go back to Ricardo's ROM from there, hopefully that will get rid of whatever the issue is Smile
  • 54(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K3