• 185(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)
(2017-07-30, 13:52)popcornmix Wrote: [...]
I've had no trouble with 1080p 8-bit HEVC on a Pi3 with no overclock.
[...]

For a longer time I wanted to ask you, if you use a case and/or some kind of active ventilation for your testing machine, and how long you play h265 1080p material?
I use the official Raspberry Pi Case (pink and white) w/o the top enclosure (because I need the pins for Hyperion) and I have fitting little copper heatsinks on each relevant chip and for real material like films I cannot use h265 playback capacities of RPi3, because after ~25 to 45 minutes the overheat-warning permanently shows up in the top right corner and RPi3 starts to thottle down.
This can NOT be reproduced by playing short hevc sequences like big bug bunny and tears of steel. So I wonder if my hardware is somewhat faulty or if it is not just me. Huh
(2017-08-05, 09:59)mcelliott Wrote:
(2017-08-05, 00:44)Pienoet Wrote: Sorry for asking but i want to try retroplayer

I already get the games section but where to put the roms?

Do i have to make some new folders somewhere?

Problem related to these test builds specifically?

Yes, i made a folder /storage/emulators/n64/roms and put my rom in it.

Then i added in games this location and started the rom.

After that kodi is crashing.

I think i made this path on the wrong location.

I installed the mupen64 addon and libretro dependencie configured my controller and i'm a little bit lost now.
@Pienoet have you tried asking in the Retroplayer support thread as that might be the most appropriate place to ask about Retroplayer. Don't forget to post your crashlog when posting about crashes.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2017-08-05, 10:22)MMXT Wrote: For a longer time I wanted to ask you, if you use a case and/or some kind of active ventilation for your testing machine, and how long you play h265 1080p material?
I use the official Raspberry Pi Case (pink and white) w/o the top enclosure (because I need the pins for Hyperion) and I have fitting little copper heatsinks on each relevant chip and for real material like films I cannot use h265 playback capacities of RPi3, because after ~25 to 45 minutes the overheat-warning permanently shows up in the top right corner and RPi3 starts to thottle down.
This can NOT be reproduced by playing short hevc sequences like big bug bunny and tears of steel. So I wonder if my hardware is somewhat faulty or if it is not just me. Huh

I use a Flirc case (there is also a kodi branded version) that is very effective at removing heat.

You might want to try removing the case you have and aligning the PCB vertically to help with air flow.
Obviously a fan would be helpful (although not needed with a case like the flirc).
(2017-08-05, 13:05)popcornmix Wrote:
(2017-08-05, 10:22)MMXT Wrote: For a longer time I wanted to ask you, if you use a case and/or some kind of active ventilation for your testing machine, and how long you play h265 1080p material?

I use a Flirc case (there is also a kodi branded version) that is very effective at removing heat.

You might want to try removing the case you have and aligning the PCB vertically to help with air flow.
Obviously a fan would be helpful (although not needed with a case like the flirc).

Okay thank you very much for telling me.
Just to ensure myself: So you yourself are able to playback HEVC movies ("x265 1080p") in full length w/o running into overheat troubles, right?
(2017-08-05, 12:46)Milhouse Wrote: @Pienoet have you tried asking in the Retroplayer support thread as that might be the most appropriate place to ask about Retroplayer. Don't forget to post your crashlog when posting about crashes.

No not yet.

I will try over there thanks!
(2017-08-05, 13:30)MMXT Wrote: Okay thank you very much for telling me.
Just to ensure myself: So you yourself are able to playback HEVC movies ("x265 1080p") in full length w/o running into overheat troubles, right?

Yes.
(2017-08-05, 13:30)MMXT Wrote:
(2017-08-05, 13:05)popcornmix Wrote: I use a Flirc case (there is also a kodi branded version) that is very effective at removing heat.

Okay thank you very much for telling me.

I don't use Flirc case, but a plastic one with rather large heatsink and opening in the case over the proc.

My Pi3 is slightly overclocked (1250), and I can play 1080p 10bit HEVC for the length of the movie (The Revenant 2h 30min) at room temp around 22-24°C, without overheat warning.

It greatly depends on luck, how "good" silicon you get. My is obviously pretty good...
Well, in my experience (over)heating while watching HEVC stuff also depends on the content itself - scenes with lots of movement obviosuly will give more work to the cpu and thus more heat.
(2017-07-26, 08:14)Milhouse Wrote: The splash video plays whenever Kodi (re)starts.

Not sure I've seen that crash before, probably one for @peak3d.

Hallo Milhouse,

just wanted to report - issue still exists:

http:/sprunge.us/DXDh

Kodi restarts after playing "StarTrek Beyond" with "AmazonPrime Instant Video"-addon from post #1 and switching to some stuff like "Big Bang Theory" without stopping the videostream manually.
Same with AmazonPrime VOD - addon (0.3.7).

How can I report this to peak3d directly?

regards,

Andy
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #0805: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.12.4 #1 Sun Aug 6 00:38:17 BST 2017 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Jul 28 2017 20:20:00
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 6716e816fd1614c326071d86188976b5fbf9c22b (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse): devel-20170806003709-#0805-gc0c5545 [Build #0805]

# Kodi version
(18.0-ALPHA1 Git:af5d449). Platform: Linux ARM 32-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (c0c55450, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (af5d449f, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. inputstream.adaptive update
  2. ffmpeg: hevc: More SAO neon optimisations
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • gitignore: more crap (PR:1856, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • [ADDON] Transfer ContentLookup properly (PR:12630, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [windowtranslator] Restore const char* type (PR:12627, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • Controller models and other improvements (PR:12608, 9 commits, 13 files changed)
    • Fix crash if a button in joystick.xml has no action (PR:12626, 2 commits, 1 file changed)
    • [Music]Fix missing "* Item Folder" entry when browsing for artist fanart (PR:12625, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [DVD] fix: libdvd's stream API doesn't handle incomplete reads well (PR:12622, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Navigationfix when closing addons (PR:12623, 2 commits, 3 files changed)
    • VAAPI: fix hevc interop test (PR:12628, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  3. inputstream.adaptive:
    • build bento4 if wvdecrypter is not in build (ios) (5fe62351)
    • fix subdir path bento4 (cc61dcf4)
    • unlimited StreamChange scan / security check on open() (3e3fdadd)
  4. newclock5:
    • New commits in this build:
      • ffmpeg: hevc: More SAO neon optimisations (5bfc0c72)
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2017-08-05, 13:05)popcornmix Wrote: I use a Flirc case (there is also a kodi branded version) that is very effective at removing heat.

i use thje same case and my raspi3 overheats during amazon video and movies stutter. very annoying. running @1350 mhz. maybe my fault Wink
(2017-08-06, 11:57)heinzgruber Wrote: i use thje same case and my raspi3 overheats during amazon video and movies stutter. very annoying. running @1350 mhz. maybe my fault Wink

Nope I have the same issues with my rpi3 and the official kodi case as well.

Edit: 480p works perfect, 720p unfortunately I get the stuttering - is there anything I could do? Same issues on Netflix - example: Brooklyn ninety-nine
Off topic:

Nice review:

https://www.pretzellogix.net/2015/09/02/...-reviewed/
Hi,

I currently use this case and it works great!
But I have used other thermal paste(Noctua NT-H1) and the PCB is slightly underbuilt for some pressure ^^

Pi3 Case

Question: The virtualization in prime music doesnt work i get this Message - Can't load shared libary -
Newest Build (never used it before... )
  • 185(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)24