Overscan on TV with NUC
Don't know if this is the right place for this, however have a brand new NUC hooked up thru HDMI to a Panasonic 42" plasma. Running Windows 10. The outer edges of the screen are off the edges and hence the display in Kodi is also off the page. There is some compensation options in the theme I'm using but doesn't work the way I want it to. Any thoughts or experience on dealing with this?

Thanks.

JR
Start to play a movie, press OK, then go along to the video setting. You can change settings there to adjust the aspect ratio, & there is a video calibration as well. Try that
No no no, turn off overscan on the tv.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Yes, turn off overscan (same setup here)
Don't think mine has that option. Though does plasma TV's have a overscan setting? I was able to get around it on my NUC by Alt CTRL F12 > Display >
Set Custom Aspect Ratio amd adjust scrollers on right to shrink the image to fit within the TV window.

JR
(2017-08-05, 17:38)jriker1 Wrote: Don't think mine has that option. Though does plasma TV's have a overscan setting? I was able to get around it on my NUC by Alt CTRL F12 > Display >
Set Custom Aspect Ratio amd adjust scrollers on right to shrink the image to fit within the TV window.

JR

I haven't got an overscan setting on my tv, but there is menu, picture, screen options. (Samsung)
(2017-08-05, 17:38)jriker1 Wrote: Don't think mine has that option. Though does plasma TV's have a overscan setting? I was able to get around it on my NUC by Alt CTRL F12 > Display >

JR

Scaling the video output on a NUC to get around the TV that is scaling it's video INPUT is a pretty destructive process. While not all TVs support turning overscan on or off, some are just pretty poorly made, I'd suggest you see if you you can simply turn overscan off entirely. It'll result in a cleaner image by far.

JR

Post the manufacturer and model number of your plasma TV and I'll google up the manual and find the overscan adjustment settings, if they exist.
Matrix 19.x (LE), Aeon Nox SiLVO, NUC8i5BEK (i5-8259U, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655, 16 GB ram, 128 GB M.2 SSD)
Samsung F6300 46" LED LCD TV, SMSL Q5 Pro amplifier, Pioneer HPM-100 speakers
Synology DS215j NAS fileserver (WD Gold 10TB x 2)
I'm pretty sure you need to go to your Intel video settings and turn overscan off there... The OP says the Windows desktop is overscanned also, so it's not any Kodi setting that's doing it, and probably not the TV either.
(2017-08-05, 22:26)pagali Wrote: I'm pretty sure you need to go to your Intel video settings and turn overscan off there... The OP says the Windows desktop is overscanned also, so it's not any Kodi setting that's doing it, and probably not the TV either.

Could be the Intel settings. Wouldn't hurt to check the TV settings though...
Matrix 19.x (LE), Aeon Nox SiLVO, NUC8i5BEK (i5-8259U, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655, 16 GB ram, 128 GB M.2 SSD)
Samsung F6300 46" LED LCD TV, SMSL Q5 Pro amplifier, Pioneer HPM-100 speakers
Synology DS215j NAS fileserver (WD Gold 10TB x 2)
For Panasonic TV you should find it in "advanced Settings".
Set "16:9 overscan" to "off".
Wether its the TV or graphic driver (in my case both), turn it off.
It adds nothing but distortion

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Overscan on TV with NUC0