• 140(current)
Android Nvidia Shield Android TV (Updated Jan 26 2017 - 5.0 update)
(2017-08-05, 16:04)msnow Wrote:
(2017-08-05, 14:34)sjchmura Wrote:
(2017-08-04, 06:55)knives of ice Wrote: just upgraded to the leia alpha. is there a different trick to make HDR videos work? they no longer work for me after the upgrade. they playback but don't trigger the HDR notifier on my LG OLED like krypton did

So alphas added HDR support?? I thought you needed DSplauer ?

Sent from my iPhone (typie typie)

I've always been able to play HDR in either Kodi 17.3 or SPMC Jarvis as long as the Display, Video and Accelleration settings are correct. Not new.

What are you correct setting?
Shield must be set to 4K in its settings and then in Kodi MediaCodec (Surface) must also be enabled and a resolution of 3840x216 must be selected
(2017-08-05, 18:29)Jeffers24 Wrote:
(2017-08-05, 14:34)sjchmura Wrote: So alphas added HDR support?? I thought you needed DSplauer ?

I've always been able to play HDR in either Kodi 17.3 or SPMC Jarvis as long as the Display, Video and Accelleration settings are correct. Not new.

These are the ones I use. I leave both MediaCodec (Surface) and MediaCodec enabled though. Koying also has some suggested (not required) advancedsettings too.

https://github.com/koying/SPMC/wiki/Reco...ith-4K-GUI
(2017-08-05, 20:34)msnow Wrote:
(2017-08-05, 18:29)Jeffers24 Wrote:
(2017-08-05, 16:04)msnow Wrote: I've always been able to play HDR in either Kodi 17.3 or SPMC Jarvis as long as the Display, Video and Accelleration settings are correct. Not new.

These are the ones I use. I leave both MediaCodec (Surface) and MediaCodec enabled though. Koying also has some suggested (not required) advancedsettings too.

I am using Kodi 17.3

Are Koying's suggested settings applicable to Kodi 17.3?
(2017-08-05, 14:34)sjchmura Wrote:
(2017-08-04, 06:55)knives of ice Wrote: just upgraded to the leia alpha. is there a different trick to make HDR videos work? they no longer work for me after the upgrade. they playback but don't trigger the HDR notifier on my LG OLED like krypton did

So alphas added HDR support?? I thought you needed DSplauer ?

Nice. Have a link to the settings I need?

Sent from my iPhone
(2017-08-05, 21:00)Jeffers24 Wrote:
(2017-08-05, 20:34)msnow Wrote:
(2017-08-05, 18:29)Jeffers24 Wrote: What are you correct setting?

I am using Kodi 17.3

Are Koying's suggested settings applicable to Kodi 17.3?

Yes. The ones you need most are there but some are in different places. For example SPMC has a "Acceleration" section while Kodi has it under "Player". You'll have to go through all the settings to find them.
(2017-08-05, 21:13)sjchmura Wrote:
(2017-08-05, 14:34)sjchmura Wrote: So alphas added HDR support?? I thought you needed DSplauer ?

Nice. Have a link to the settings I need?

The link was in my previous post but here it is again:

It looks like HDR metadata passthrough for 23.976/24 fps content has been broken in Kodi 18 Alpha builds for a long time. HDR works for 60 fps content.

HDR metadata passthrough works in 5/27/17 nightly build, but doesn't work in 6/25/17 build and later. I don't have any build between 5/27 and 6/25 to test.

Debug Logs:

18.0-ALPHA1 Git:20170527-a6d28ed (HDR metadata passthrough works for 23.976 fps).

18.0-ALPHA1 Git:20170625-fea89e7 (HDR metadata passthrough doesn't work for 23.976 fps).
(2017-08-06, 08:02)wesk05 Wrote: It looks like HDR metadata passthrough for 23.976/24 fps content has been broken in Kodi 18 Alpha builds for a long time. HDR works for 60 fps content.

HDR metadata passthrough works in 5/27/17 nightly build, but doesn't work in 6/25/17 build and later. I don't have any build between 5/27 and 6/25 to test.

Debug Logs:

18.0-ALPHA1 Git:20170527-a6d28ed (HDR metadata passthrough works for 23.976 fps).

18.0-ALPHA1 Git:20170625-fea89e7 (HDR metadata passthrough doesn't work for 23.976 fps).

yep, these are the same problems i have. also, with Leia rom collection browser no longer works and i had everything setup perfectly. i guess it is a good thing i still have SPMC installed.
I had my Harmony Ultimate setup with the bluetooth connection plus a Windows Keyboard bluetooth device as advised in this thread. The other day my Harmony got a firmware update, and now when I press any of the buttons mapped to the windows keyboard I get a message on my Harmony telling me the device needs to be synced. I didn't have to originally do anything special to get that windows keyboard device to sync, and now I can't figure out how to make that happen. Anybody have any idea how to fix this?
Use the harmony app. It will detect that the remote is not paired anymore and will guide you thru the pairing process.
(2017-08-10, 08:07)Koying Wrote: Use the harmony app. It will detect that the remote is not paired anymore and will guide you thru the pairing process.

The Shield remote functions stayed paired, and I even repaired it to see what would happen. It's the windows PC keyboard functions that are no longer paired.
Is it telling you it needs to be "synced" or "paired"? Those are 2 different things.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-08-10, 17:31)Tinwarble Wrote: Is it telling you it needs to be "synced" or "paired"? Those are 2 different things.

I'm not exactly sure, I'll check it again tonight. But this message is one I've never seen before. It pops up when I'm in the activity I use for the Shield which includes the keyboard mappings for Kodi. It happens when I hit any button that is mapped to the keyboard. None of those commands go through and I get that message. I went so far as to remove the existing windows PC device from the harmony and adding another, then remapped the buttons, and went through the process of pairing the remote with the Shield multiple times. I also removed the Logitech keyboard device from the accessories menu on the Shield and paired again after that. And so far those keys are not working at all. All of this started a few days ago after I got a message on the remote that there was a software update for it.
The message I get is "You have to use the Harmony App to pair this device." And like I said, the bluetooth connectivity is working just fine for the nvidia shield commands, but for the windows pc keyboard it shows that message every time.

Update: I've made a new activity with all the devices in there. That didn't change anything. I have removed the harmony device from the shield and re-paired multiple times, and that hasn't changed anything. I have compared all my settings to a second Harmony setup I have in my family room, which oddly enough seems to work fine. The difference there being that the family room system uses a Smart remote instead of the Ultimate. Not that it really should make any difference in this case.

Also, the soft keyboard in the app does work to send keystrokes to kodi. Now if only Harmony would let me assign those keystrokes to a button on the remote I'd be all set. But as it is I can only use Windows PC, and that just doesn't work.

About the only thing left that I can think of is to remove the Shield and PC devices from the harmony altogether, as well as the activities, and start from scratch.

Update 2: And apparently this is all Logitech's fault and it's broken other people's systems. I found this thread and it seems to be identical to my issue. Unfortunately following the steps there hasn't helped me out one bit. No matter how many times I remove the device, activity, paring, etc., I get the exact same results.
  • 140(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia Shield Android TV (Updated Jan 26 2017 - 5.0 update)6