• 87(current)
Beta Spotify for Kodi
(2017-08-02, 13:01)sammolenaar Wrote: indeed I can't find version 41 in the repo. But maybe Marcel is having some well deserved holidays now.. Wink

Yes, having my holidays indeed but still looking at some Kodi code in between haha. I'll take a look at the repo tonight. Most likely I forgot to push an update

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Got some updates of your Addons..but no spotify update yet?! Smile
(2017-08-03, 16:51)marcelveldt Wrote: some Kodi code

kodi code is the kodiest code you can code.
(2017-08-04, 01:36)Animizio Wrote: Got some updates of your Addons..but no spotify update yet?! Smile

Strange... I've just bumped the version to .42 maybe that will force it to update
Testing it now the new version. Seems flawless so far!
I'm trying to install the Spotify plugin on my rpi3-libreELEC-kodi device. I can't find where to get the latest stable version here, so I followed the instructions at https://www.htpcbeginner.com/install-kod...ify-addon/ and installed v1.0.25.

On first run, I was prompted for a username and password. I used my spotify device details, which I can see reflected in /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.audio.spotify/settings.xml.

It doesn't get beyond that point. Instead I get a message saying that I should check the logs, but I can't find anything in the logs in the interface or in the /storage/.kodi/temp/ files.

I'd appreciate suggestions on how to either of the following.
- install the latest stable version of the add-on
- find details of the error
Marcel ... perfect work! Thanks!
(2017-07-30, 07:33)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2017-07-28, 22:39)mazeeff Wrote: 1.1.40 seems to have fixed the 2:40 problem that several of us encountered on LibreElec 8.0.2 on RPx. Good work!

Edit: Spoke too soon. On any song over 9:00 minutes, the audio cuts out between 8:45 and 8:55, and remains muted till end of song. The play clock continues to end of song, and the audio returns on the next song. Does not appear to create an error. Occurs consistently on LibreElec 8.0.2 X86 and RP3. Pink Floyd Echoes is a good test case!

Edit2: Upgraded my LibreElec X86 box to the latest Milhouse 18.0 nightly, and encountered the same problem.

Can you give 1.1.42 a try if that fixes the issue ?

1.1.42 does not fix the problem. It occurs on all of my systems. Can someone else confirm this? Any song over 9 minutes long results in muting!

- Hardware: X86
- OS: LibreElec 8.0.2 (also fails with latest Milhouse nightly)
- Kodi version: 17.3
- Addon version: 1.1.42

https://pastebin.com/gUDVpzr7

Error appears at the following line, with simple Spotify timeout.

08:54:32.536 T:140449683306240 DEBUG: plugin.audio.spotify --> response timeout !
I guess I'm not a very long song kind of person hahaha (so no issues with songs over 9 minutes so far).. anyways already enjoying this plugin greatly. Of course the Spotify connect features are a bit meager (no volume control, slow responses etc) but those are not essentials. Thanks Marcel for the work!
After I entered my login infos the app crash and tell me to check the logs

- Hardware : Raspberry pi 3
- Kodi version : Krypton 17.3
- Addon version : latest available
- Logs : http://paste.ubuntu.com/25284742/
Hello Marcel!
First of all, thanks again for all your work on this addon Smile

Is it possible to add the possibility to make one Kodi device to listen to all incoming users/Spotify Connect devices?

A few weeks ago it was possible, to have one Spotify client (with Spotify user A) to stream to a Kodi client (logged in as Spotify user B). Although it seemed to be some kind of a "security/account bug" back then (which is now fixed obviously), it also made it possible to have one device act as a "family client".

So, we have couple of Kodi installations in our home, each Kodi being logged in with their respective Spotify user. And on our "family" Kodi device we then have all user accounts registered. To really being able to "just start streaming" when being in the living room, it would make things a lot easier to have that specific Kodi being set up as accepting all connections.
Maybe this could also be extended with the option to listen to ALL connections (like it was a few weeks ago, makes it really great for friends to stream their music to your device as well)
- or just listen to all registered connections (the Spotify users being registered on that device).

I hope this has not been asked before, but I think this feature would really be a huge improvement for networks where there are 1+ users active.
I am also aware that you are able to change the active user, but with a new feature like that, that wouldn't be necessary to do anymore.

I also opened a feature request on GitHub, just in case that makes it easier for you to keep track of everything.
https://github.com/marcelveldt/plugin.au.../issues/47
(2017-08-10, 19:19)A12C4 Wrote: After I entered my login infos the app crash and tell me to check the logs

- Hardware : Raspberry pi 3
- Kodi version : Krypton 17.3
- Addon version : latest available
- Logs : http://paste.ubuntu.com/25284742/

You got further than me. How do you know you have the latest addon? What process did you use to get it? How do you get the logs? I can't find them, but perhaps I haven't turned debugging on properly.
No matter what I do (uninstall\reinstall) install from the latest zip...

I keep getting this:
No credentials have been set or login has failed.
Please enter your credentials in the next settings dialog.

I have credentials correct. The message persists.

I'm on Windows.
(2017-08-11, 15:21)gammatest Wrote: No matter what I do (uninstall\reinstall) install from the latest zip...

I keep getting this:
No credentials have been set or login has failed.
Please enter your credentials in the next settings dialog.

I have credentials correct. The message persists.

I'm on Windows.

Logfile please

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
hi,

I have OSMC Kodi 16.1 installed on a RPi 3

I uploaded https://github.com/marcelveldt/repositor...1.1.42.zip to my ftp server

I went to system > settings > addons > install from zip and choose the zip file (I did a link to my ftp)
then I went to system > settings > addons > my addons > music addons > spotify > configure

and I entered my Spotify Premium credentials.

I then went to Music > addons > Spotify
and wherever I go (My Music > Playlists, Explore, Search etc) I get no results.

Is there something I missed out here ?
Thanks for your help.

Best,
mgkday
  • 87(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Spotify for Kodi17