Is there a way to disable skip ahead using number pad?
Question 
Greetings.

It seems that new to Kodi version 17, there is a feature in video playback that will allow a user, while viewing a video, to enter a series of numbers in order to skip ahead to that specified value.

For example: While watching a video, if you enter 1537, and then hit ENTER/OK, you will skip ahead to the 15:37 mark of the video.

Is there a way to disable that feature?

I would like to disable it, as when I use the HDHomeRun Addon, and wish to change to a specific channel, the app tries to change the channel AND go to the time specified in the video stream. Typically, that time frame doesn't exist, and the Addon freezes and Kodi needs to restart. If I could disable the "skip ahead feature by using the number pad" feature in Kodi, I could avoid this behavior.
That feature is not new.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-08-12, 04:02)nickr Wrote: That feature is not new.

Thanks for the clarification. Are you aware of a way to disable it?

I did not have this experience in Jarvis. It only started to notice it in Krypton.
I am not sure, there is some documentation here though.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Skip_steps#Skip_th...ied_amount
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Although tbe feature has always been there this area of the code was changed for v17 so maybe the add-on was doing something that is no longer compatible with the code changes, so I would suggest ask the add-on author.
(2017-08-13, 03:59)nickr Wrote: I am not sure, there is some documentation here though.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Skip_steps#Skip_th...ied_amount

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, it just details how to perform time skipping.

(2017-08-13, 04:48)jjd-uk Wrote: Although tbe feature has always been there this area of the code was changed for v17 so maybe the add-on was doing something that is no longer compatible with the code changes, so I would suggest ask the add-on author.

It had crossed my mind. I approached the Addon author (Silicondust) when Krypton first came out. They punted it back to Kodi, saying that if something worked in Jarvis but doesn't work in Krypton, then it must be a problem with Kodi.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I will continue to live with the Addon behavior, and adapt my use of Kodi accordingly.
One thought - has the default keymap changed somehow? Particularly in the PVR context? I am thinking this mapping isn't applicable while watching LiveTV, but may have been accidentally activated by a keymapping change?
(2017-08-14, 10:13)nickr Wrote: One thought - has the default keymap changed somehow? Particularly in the PVR context? I am thinking this mapping isn't applicable while watching LiveTV, but may have been accidentally activated by a keymapping change?

Keymap is still the default.

Code:
SYSTEM:~/.kodi/userdata/keymaps # ls -lah
total 20
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root        4.0K Jan 16  2017 .
drwxr-xr-x    9 root     root        4.0K Aug  7 22:42 ..
-rwxr--r--    1 root     root       10.2K Mar 20  2015 keyboard.xml

I did find a workaround for the time being. If I wait 2-3 seconds after entering the channel digits and NOT press OK/ENTER until after the time seek times out/disappear, I can change the channel successfully.

https://forum.silicondust.com/forum/view...19&t=65981

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there a way to disable skip ahead using number pad?0