• 48(current)
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)
Any chance you can add hebrew support (right to left)??
(2017-08-12, 12:16)macavita Wrote: Any chance you can add hebrew support (right to left)??

Basically, proper support for that kind of thing can hardly be done as an option. I'd have to rewrite many parts of the skin in order for them to fit properly, and that would mean maintaining two skins, and not just one, and I simply don't have the time for that.

That being said, as far as I know, there's already a fork being worked on by a forum member for RTL support? I can't really say anything more since I have no information on the progress, etc, but it's probably worth checking out?
Eminence 2 MOD, Revived & Improved

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
(2017-08-12, 12:09)Alanon Wrote:
(2017-08-12, 09:34)stevo629 Wrote: Right, but the home.jpg will be overwritten on skin updates, correct? I believe that happened to me in the past.

And even if I want to use a fanart fallback image, I can't house the image inside my .kodi folder because I can't navigate to that hidden folder in the browse for image option. I would need the ability to type in a file location or navigate to the location via file manager.

Yes, any change to the skin will be overwritten on skin update.

I don't use Kodi on an Android, but Library/General/Show hidden files and folders option should allow you access to hidden folders? Then, it would simply be a matter of defining a proper source within the file manager.

Perfect, thanks for the help. I feel like I should have known about that one already!
Hi guys, I've just tried the mod,

This may sound stupid but when trying to add a widget, none of my installed video addons show up to select.

Any ideas why?
(2017-08-14, 14:04)chrisjcks Wrote: Hi guys, I've just tried the mod,

This may sound stupid but when trying to add a widget, none of my installed video addons show up to select.

Any ideas why?

Welcome! Big Grin Two options here, I'd say.

1. In the menu, you need to scroll down to the Add-ons section, navigate to the category of your add-ons, select the specific add-on and then browse through it to set a widget at a particular location.

2. The add-ons you're trying to add as widgets do not support it. This isn't exactly skin related, as it's all between the add-on which is used to provide the widgets (Skin Helper) and the specific add-ons in question.

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
(2017-08-14, 15:16)Alanon Wrote:
(2017-08-14, 14:04)chrisjcks Wrote: Hi guys, I've just tried the mod,

Any ideas why?

Welcome! Big Grin Two options here, I'd say.

1. In the menu, you need to scroll down to the Add-ons section, navigate to the category of your add-ons, select the specific add-on and then browse through it to set a widget at a particular location.

2. The add-ons you're trying to add as widgets do not support it. This isn't exactly skin related, as it's all between the add-on which is used to provide the widgets (Skin Helper) and the specific add-ons in question.

Hi, thank you for the welcome Smile

I should have been more clear though, (system > skin settings > customise home menu)

I select a menu, then widget but my video addons don't show up in here (they do on the normal Eminence 2.0)
(2017-08-14, 16:44)chrisjcks Wrote: Hi, thank you for the welcome Smile

I should have been more clear though, (system > skin settings > customise home menu)

I select a menu, then widget but my video addons don't show up in here (they do on the normal Eminence 2.0)

I presumed as much, but you need to navigate from that point onwards to the add-ons category. The "Default widgets" category is only a collection of common stuff, your add-ons are located in a different place. So, if you have an add-on categorised in programs, you have to scroll down within the first widget selection window, all the way down through the various categories to add-ons, then programs, and browse through the add-ons own menus.

Every one of those buttons in the first widget window is actually a folder with various categories of widgets within them. I've compared both skins just in case, to me, they give identical options and listings. As far as I know, there is no difference in the way the skins handle widgets, mainly because it's all done through Skin Helper.

For me the "Playlist" View is always empty and also no way to open the context menu there.
If i use the "MyPlaylist.xml" from the original skin all works fine.

I have this problem on 2 systems, one is an windows 10 pc ant the other one is a Amazon FireTV 4k.
On the AFT i use the latets spmc 17 alpha and on Windows Kodi 17.3, there are no errors in the Log.

For me its no big deal to replace the file but maybe i am not the only one with this problem
Hi there. I just love this skin and i'm glad you keep updating this great mod.

I have a suggestion though. I would like if you could change the views to work like most views in estuary. And by that i mean when you are scrolling the movie titles, the selection stays in the center of the screen instead of going to the bottom. It stays in the middle of the screen untill the end of the list and then it goes to the bottom one. I think it's better this way so you can see better the movies behind and also the movies that are ahead. The normal way you don't know what the next itens will be. There are some views in this mod that already work like this. It would be better if the other views did the same thing.

Thanks for your work

In this view it already works like i said

https://i.imgur.com/3l0EZw5.jpg
@chrisjcks: The proper way to remove some of those things is not to install them, as there are options within Kodi to skip PVR backends, screensavers, audio, and I believe perhaps one of the skins (the touch one, although that might have been a previous iteration of Kodi). Those things are located within the Kodi folder, so no matter what you do, they will pop back up when you update Kodi itself.

No skin has the rights of going anywhere near the Kodi parent folder, Kodi itself won't grant the options like it does for other elements. Manually deleting is the only way. But again, not sure how useful it would actually be - for example, whenever an unforeseen skin error occurs, Kodi defaults to Estuary. Without it, a whole lot of things could go wrong, and who knows how many safeguards like that exist that we don't even know about.

Bottom line, I think you can safely delete the audio files, screensavers and unnecessary PVR backends because they are definitely optional. However, I'd be very careful with the default skins - perhaps it would be best to leave at least one, just in case. You'd need to test it out, perhaps Kodi defaults to either of the skins available, or perhaps it won't even run without both of them?

Hey just signed up but I've been using the mod for a while and it's awesome. Totally fixed the issue with widgets clicking on themselves when navigating to the right.

Anyway I have a request. Not sure how feasible it is but it has been done in the Mimic skin.

I would love to have an option to display widgets in a grid view, so they fill up more of the screen and show more posters at once. So basically instead of this

[] [] [] [] []

It looks like this

[] [] [] [] []
[] [] [] [] []
[] [] [] [] []

It would reduce the amount of navigation you have to do with the remote to get to the item you want to click. Just a thought. Also if this is something you can do, it would be nice to have the ability to activate this view on specific widgets rather than having them all set one way or all the other.

Again I'm a total n00b to programming this kind of stuff so IDK if it's possible with Eminence, but it would be pretty sweet. Mimic is okay but it feels slow and I don't like switching skins. Cheers!
Does anybody know which part of Font.xml is for the Notification bar?

id like to shrink the text just a little bit. Big Grin

(edit: nevermind, found it, its the font.rss)
(2017-08-24, 21:40)HumphreyVanWeyden Wrote: Hey just signed up but I've been using the mod for a while and it's awesome. Totally fixed the issue with widgets clicking on themselves when navigating to the right.

Anyway I have a request. Not sure how feasible it is but it has been done in the Mimic skin.

I would love to have an option to display widgets in a grid view, so they fill up more of the screen and show more posters at once. So basically instead of this

It would reduce the amount of navigation you have to do with the remote to get to the item you want to click. Just a thought. Also if this is something you can do, it would be nice to have the ability to activate this view on specific widgets rather than having them all set one way or all the other.

Again I'm a total n00b to programming this kind of stuff so IDK if it's possible with Eminence, but it would be pretty sweet. Mimic is okay but it feels slow and I don't like switching skins. Cheers!

Hello and welcome! Big Grin

It all depends on the available space and on navigating the skins widget code. Right now, I can't see a way of adding them in without making a mess of the interface, there's just too little room. Perhaps when I finally get the vertical menu up and running, that might free up enough space to add a second row. Perhaps.

As a consolation prize, the Showcase option allows you to have a page of up to eight widgets placed in a separate sort of menu. It's not ideal bu it works.

(2017-08-25, 18:19)chrisjcks Wrote: Does anybody know which part of Font.xml is for the Notification bar?

Off the top of my head, I'd say Font-RSS. Keep in mind that if I'm right, it will also change the size of settings descriptions. Wink

(2017-08-25, 21:46)Alanon Wrote:
(2017-08-24, 21:40)HumphreyVanWeyden Wrote: Hey just signed up but I've been using the mod for a while and it's awesome. Totally fixed the issue with widgets clicking on themselves when navigating to the right.

Hello and welcome! Big Grin

It all depends on the available space and on navigating the skins widget code. Right now, I can't see a way of adding them in without making a mess of the interface, there's just too little room. Perhaps when I finally get the vertical menu up and running, that might free up enough space to add a second row. Perhaps.

As a consolation prize, the Showcase option allows you to have a page of up to eight widgets placed in a separate sort of menu. It's not ideal bu it works.

(2017-08-25, 18:19)chrisjcks Wrote: Does anybody know which part of Font.xml is for the Notification bar?

Off the top of my head, I'd say Font-RSS. Keep in mind that if I'm right, it will also change the size of settings descriptions. Wink
lol i literally figured it out just before you replied

ive only shrunk it from 27 to 25, so nothing major. Big Grin
Hey @Alanon!

Quick question I noticed when i'm watching a movie and i pause it for the first time, the playback buttons on the lower part of the screen is below the screen. When i go into screen calibration it still does not fix this problem. I have also noticed that when I power down the Pi the processes displayed on screen at the top left also isn't fully visible. I have also changed the display setting to 1920x1080p which is the resolution of my TV but this still didn't help, any one else having this issue?
watch gallery
  • 48(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)21